Scenario: Buyer makes offer. Seller accepts offer. Buyer contacts seller to say I didn't understand how this works and while I was waiting for you I purchased elsewhere so I do not want it now.
Ok, well I will cancel sell because what good does it do a seller to force buyer to buy something they do not want?
Anyway, what is the best way to handle this? I can click on that I am a seller and want to cancel transaction but in the reasons they allow you to give for cancelling transaction does not fit the scenario.I do not what to say I am the one who wants to cancel when I am not.
Does anyone know how Ebay wants us to handle this or what do you do in this situation?
The very definition of a UID. Wait four days and open it.
Yep, that's what I have been doing......I guess it is the only way :/
I wish there was an option that says "Buyer wants to cancel"
The options "I sold an items and have not received payment yet" and
"I sold an item and I want to cancel transaction"
doesn't really fit the above scenario.
I'm not sure what Ebay actually sends to buyer when I choose option "....not received payment yet"
but I imagine it is some kind of demand for payment. I don't mind using that option with an unresponsive buyer but when a customer contacts me in a nice manner ,I hate to use that option BUT with no other option I guess my hands are tied. :-/
@Bargain_Hunter, no more contact until.
On day 4 file the UID and simply send the non-buyer a brief message through eBay that reads:
In order to cancel the transaction eBay will send you a strongly worded request for payment, simply ignore.
Hope this helps.
I may use that, thanks.
.....although, I'm pretty sure by ignoring it they will receive an unpaid item strike. I don't think I have ever had anyone respond to them and I just simply close it when enough time has passed.
I wish I knew exactly what is sent when a case is opened. I wonder what options they are given? Pay or else......? :-/