cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay allowed customer to return an item and it was sent to a wrong address and was lost

Around a month ago, I sold a used laptop on eBay, clearly mentioning in the item description that the battery was not good and it could hold only about half an hour of charge (to the best of my knowlege) and that returns were not accepted.  The buyer claimed that the battery was bad and requested a return which I declined.  However, eBay let the buyer return it and they even provided a return address to him which was 11 years old and the laptop was sent to a wrong address.  I never received the laptop and for all practical purposes, the ~$250 laptop is lost!  I appealed eBay's decision multiple times and they always rejected my appeal and forced me to fully refund the buyer.  Eventually I asked for their legal department and I'm considering suing eBay in a small claims court.  What are my options and chances of success here?  Any advice from the community and the sellers who have been in this situation?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay allowed customer to return an item and it was sent to a wrong address and was lost

You said no refunds in your listing, and Crazebay said return it, so there out of luck. Ebay owes you or the buyer their money back!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This is a pretty clear mess up on eBay's part....  They turned a long time customer to an active enemy!  Any lawyers who would like to take this case?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply