cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEM LOCATION - LIARS AND FRAUD

equi-trek
Enthusiast

I dont know how this chat works but I can not find a legitmate way to contact ebay with this particular topic - but I am sick and tired of sellers 'not' telling the truth about item locations.  I use the filter 'from the united states' and it supposedly filters out other country sellers.  I do this to get my products faster.  However two items I have purchased - from the united states- never arrived so I opened a resolution, seller responds that product is shipped from the Netherlands.  I went back to the auction, which clearly states product location is United States.

Likewise, I went to do a best offer on a dog collar tonight  - in which the product clearly stated the product location was the United States.  But when I went to confirm the Best Offer, the postage was clearly china postage.  How is that NOT fraud. 

Finally, I went to purchase an article of clothing which stated that it was coming from L.A. California, obviously the United States - and again when  looked closer, there was china postage.  I am so frustrated.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I can understand being upset about items being listed as USA sellers and item actually being in China or somewhere.

I am a bit confused where you say that you filter out other countries to get your items faster. It seems like you have bought a few items from Hong Kong, China that similar items can be found in the US?

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I think they mean that they select "US ONLY," the item they buy says it's located "fill in the blank USA," but it comes from some other country.

There does seem to be a rash of reshipping from other countries. I select "US" as often (not always) as I can to hopefully get it faster and better quality.

There are also a few distributors who run things from China but have warehouses all over America and people who ship for them that live in America but the money goes strait overseas. The things is, you can never tell whats what until you get the package.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Two solutions.

1.) Buy local from brick and mortar stores only and forget ebay, it only seems to frustrate you.

2.) If the item does not arrive in the specified time posted by ebay in the auction or listing then file a complaint with ebay the day after it does not arrive.  Then follow up on the complaint and ebay will probably decide in your favor and refund all your money and the seller will be left holding the bag.

I think the best solution is buy your products in brick and mortar stores.  Yes you will pay a little more but you won't get your blood pressure up.

On the other hand if you enjoy the variety and lower cost of an item, be willing to wait a bit longer for the item and be patient and thankful some one was able to save you some money.  And consider, the person on the other end is "human".  And in the end if you get a great deal on an item and have to wait a week for it and it arrives in good condition, then your a WINNER.  Who care's where it came from if its on time and in good condition.

Just my thoughts.

"Four Score and 10 years ago ebay was once a fun enjoyable place to do business." - NOW - "The Beatings will continue until seller morale improves." And if there is no improvement the Cassini Search will delete all your listings from its Search results.
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

I understand this is a years-old thread but in looking for location draud (as other buyers might) I will comment here.
I am a Canadian ebay buyer and seller since 2002.
After enough small purchases from China that didn't arrive or arrive 4 months later (and paypal consequently paying out to me in my favour) I did not want to become a 'frequent complainer'. I value paypal protection and if I claim too often, I worry that protection may run out for me (legitimate or not the worry is real).
I am also willing to pay a higher item and shipping cost to actually get my item within a couple of weeks over the boarder US.
So I filter my search to North America, US only, Canada only depending on the item I want and speed of delivery I seek.
In two incidents lately, I had selected a US and a Canadian seller, both with decent feedback.(98-99%).
Both listed a spefific city in their respective country.
**Each item tracking number I was provided after sale was from China Post.**
I reported one seller's item listing repeatedly to ebay as he advertised heavily as a US-based seller - including little US flag photos with the words 'US seller' on his item photo. Ebay never removed the auction.
I did receive a refund on both.
My problem?
On one, my Paypal refund email had the notation, "Due to the unique circumstances of this case, PayPal is issuing you this refund at no cost to your seller.  ".
IS THIS SOME FORM OF FAVORITISM to ebay chinese sellers because they bring in more money or is there something more going on ebay/paypal are not sharing but definitely should, because this behaviour smacks very loudly of bucks meaning more than honesty?
I have seen them do this before with a much higher revenue-generating ebay chinese seller as well.
Where is the justice for me as a fraud victim if ebay appears to protect fraudulent sellers by not removing their accounts, or Paypal gives me the money instead of the seller?
Justice is not inly about the dollars, that is why in Canada we have 'restorative justice' where the criminal must do some work to atone for their damages.
Nor does Paypal's payout and ebays refusal to sanction such sellers by removing them when proof of item location fraud (tracking from China) protect future buyers from going through this frustration.
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Reposted due to inability to edit...I understand this is a years-old thread but in looking for location fraud (as other buyers might) I will comment here.
I am a Canadian ebay buyer and seller since 2002.
After enough small purchases from China that didn't arrive, or arrived many months later (and paypal consequently paying out to me in my favour) I did not want to become a 'frequent complainer'. I value paypal protection and if I claim too often, I worry that protection may run out for me (legitimate or not the worry is real).
I am also willing to pay a higher item and shipping cost to actually get my item within a couple of weeks over the US border.
So now I filter my search to North America, US only, Canada only depending on the item I want and speed of delivery I seek.
In two separate incidents lately, I had selected a US and a Canadian seller, both with decent feedback.(98-99%).
Both listed a spefific city in their respective country. After my purchase, I received tracking. I expected to get my Canada purchase in less than 6 days, and US purchase within 8-14 days depending on speed of Customs. 
**Each item tracking number I was provided after sale was from China Post.** As of my writing this post, one still has not left its 'left China' status.
I reported one seller's item listing repeatedly to ebay as he advertised heavily as a US-based seller - including little US flag photos with the words 'US seller' on his item photo. Ebay never removed the auction.
I did receive a refund on both after much frustration and 7 weeks frustration and lies from the CAN seller, and no movement on tracking of the US seller's item.
My problem?
On one, my Paypal refund email had the notation, "Due to the unique circumstances of this case, PayPal is issuing you this refund at no cost to your seller.  ".
IS THIS SOME FORM OF FAVORITISM to ebay chinese sellers because they bring in more money or is there something more going on ebay/paypal are not sharing but definitely should, because this behaviour smacks very loudly of bucks meaning more than honesty?
I have seen them do this before with a much higher revenue-generating ebay chinese seller as well.
Where is the justice for me as a fraud victim if ebay appears to protect fraudulent sellers by not removing their accounts, or Paypal gives me the money instead of the seller?
Justice is not inly about the dollars, that is why in Canada we have 'restorative justice' where the criminal must do some work to atone for their damages.
Nor does Paypal's payout and ebays refusal to sanction such sellers by removing them when proof of item location fraud (tracking from China) protect future buyers from going through this frustration.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

I have been caught out too many times by sellers who list items as being in the UK; after you order the item takes two weeks and arrives with a customs sticker on it. Now I ask before buying and if I'm not happy, go somewhere else.

It's not difficult to be HONEST with listings. If you are shipping it from CHINA then tell us, so we don't get frustrated waiting. OK who cares but it's OUR MONEY filling your pockets.

Latest example: Item listed as being in GLASGOW (UK), I'm in the south of the country. Even the slowest postal service it would take 3 days to arrive but the seller states "Will usually dispatch within 5 working days of receiving cleared payment" and states the courier as OTHER, saying it takes 5 days to deliver. They know the item will arrive comfortably within TEN days from CHINA by airmail or whatever.

Ebay reporting system DOES NOT allow reporting of such problems. Why not? As they're happily filling their pockets with OUR MONEY, why should they care?

They've got us over a barrel, as the saying goes.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

You are correct it is clear and unabached FRAUD. 

Ebay does NOT want to legally be informed of this kind of fraud as they would then have liability for the listings as well. They must have the seller removed from listing as a USA seller with products in some US city unless that particular product IS IN THE WAREHOUSE IN THAT CITY WHEN ORDERED.

Per Ebay the proper method is:

At the bottom of every listing you will find a link saying "Report this item". That takes you to a form you need to fill in to tell us why you are reporting. This includes counterfeit or stolen items, or other suspected fraud. Need to resolve an issue with a buyer or seller?

I am currently waiting for a product ordered Sunday to be delivered to the Post Office of the same city of listing....and this is Thursday evening.  It took 2 days to show that a tracking number was issued and now 2 more and the article has not moved at all.

I am fairly sure that my item is in China or some other place and will be delivered once it enters the US and that city...it will ship instantly then.

However I too ordered such that the product should have been received by Friday at the latest if it was in that City when ordered and shipped within 36-48 hours.

I too will be REPORTING FRUAD regardless of the deliverey date expected. 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Actually you sound like an ebay vendor.

The bottom line is that EBAY places the selection by USA, by miles from zip code and default (includes all international). There are MANY reasons to purchase from a USA company with PRODUCT IN STOCK verses an asian warehouse shipper. 

Those include LEGAL liability and responsiblity and the ability of the BUYER to obtain full refunds even from his own card in case of fraud and or problems with delivery. While Ebay and PayPal both offer SOME protection one's own credit card can be the ULTIMATE protection! 

THe reasons also include FAST and secure delivery.....WHEN I CHOSE a vendor that is under 500 miles from me I know that given ONE day to ship, I will receive the product within 4 days regardless of the ebay promised delivery! Most of the time I recieve within 2 to 3 days depending upon the time I ordered.

Regardless of all that; Telling a consumer that you have a product in stock and ready to ship in (example) Compton, CA; and actually having the product in a warehouse ANY OTHER PLACE is fraud. It materially affects the buyer purchase decision and the PERCEIVED VALUE. It is a CRIMINAL ACT in itself.

So, if you are one of those "drop shippers" that actually have NO PRODUCT at your location or in your town....and you are saying that you are shipping from a specific town, then you need to STOP as you are part of the problem and committing fraud in your activities. 

Remember when Ebay lists "item location" and the seller lies about location they  are committing a criminal act!

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Actually, I am unsure how Canada works but here in the USA most states have SMALL CLAIMS.

One can sue the seller for fraud and actual losses and even to require them by court order to be truthful.

One can also add other parties to that suit where that third party should have a duty and responsiblity to assure truthful advertising etc.

In other words it may be possible using small claims to ask a court to order the listing seller to list the ACTUAL LOCATION of thier product truthfully, and to order the advertiser to assure conformation as well.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

ebay are allowing this, which is aiding and abetting fraud! and as long as there is money to be made it will continue. Maybe the Police shold become involved - if they're not too busy!

You can click on Report item on the sellers listing (see attached) but ebay will not even acknlowlage this.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

This has happened to me too many times! This last time as of 8-29-18 was the one I desidered to start FIGHTING!!!  I've spent three days fighting with MR. YANG (only $25 iteam) but I refuse to give in. I called eBay they know about this stuff, BUT really I don't  they care because their making millions $$$ allowing it, I called PayPal, their a joke!!!, SO i called my credit company and they helped me out!!!!! Credit company said theres been a FLOOD of this from ebay and Amazom so they STOPPED PAYMENT for me!!!! LOL the product still is coming and I wil KEEP IT anyways!!!! this is called "misrepresentation of location"...... These FAKE LOCATION CHINA SELLER ARE SMART.....They are using US based  "logistics service" companies (I bet owned by China) these logistic sevice companies allow the sellers to use their adress "fake location" so they can act like a US seller. FIGHT BACK MY DEAR FELLOW AMERICIAN'S.....PLEASE! Call ebay, paypal, your credit card company, your Senators just start calling everyone you can think of and get the word out there to put a stop to this.  FIGHT BACK "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"  

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Don't buy any mowers from  silequipment on Ebay. Bunch of liars and frauds

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

You are an idiot

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

You are an idiot