cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK: Some buyers NEVER leave one! I always leave a feedback,but few buyers of mine NEVER EVER leave a feedback. This is very annoying as I cannot really tell if the buyer has received the item in good shape if there is no feedback.

I would have thought EBAY is a two way function and I believe it is a matter of manners to at least leave a feedback. Sure you can chase and kindly ask the buyer to leave one,but it is NOT compulsory. This also takes my time and adds to the agony!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This is very annoying as I cannot really tell if the buyer has received the item in good shape if there is no feedback.

If they don't receive the item OR it's not as they've perceived it to be, you'd hear about it one way or another. The "another" possibles is a message/email, an opened dispute or a nice red donut on your FB profile. Many buyers never let you know "all's OK" through FB or message, but they'll ALWAYS let you know when "it's not all OK".

I would have thought EBAY is a two way function and I believe it is a matter of manners to at least leave a feedback. Sure you can chase and kindly ask the buyer to leave one,but it is NOT compulsory.

ebay has no "manners" policy, but they do have one for FB.

It's voluntary, not mandatory.

Both buyers and sellers have been known to choose not to leave FB for a transaction...such is life on ebay.

As for bothering folks by chasing after FB..."Be careful of what you wish for, for you might get it"....but not in the color you were hoping for.

This also takes my time and adds to the agony!

Simple solution....stop doing it.

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Remember that old saying; treat people the way you want to be treated? Well how about "sellers feedback the way their buyers feedback. I check my buyer's FB prior to leaving them FB. If they never leave it, then they are never going to get it from me.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No feedback is better than bad feedback or that feedback I have seen where it is actually snarky (eBay was sending messages reminding people to give feedback)...
I have seen "Item was o.k., reminding to give feedback is tacky", "I already told you item was good, thanks for telling me you needed fb", etc
No thanks... If they don't leave FB, I am all good. Some people just don't or won't.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply