cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

ape-man
Enthusiast

With the new rules and control Ebay and Paypal are trying to enforce on sellers, not only are they losing the long time seller's from when Ebay began, but thru word of mouth, would be new seller's do not want to go into this marketplace now.  High fees, no regard for the seller who make's their money in the first place.

Message 1 of 141
latest reply
140 REPLIES 140

youarefullofcrap
Enthusiast

I am leaving ebay/paypal too. I just started selling 6 months ago.  When all of my current deals are done, I will be gone. EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS. Ebay does not respect sellers , we will move on. I used paypal to get fast pay and send money fast. This no longer works. Paypal takes MY money holds it for 21 days  and charges me a transaction fee. They take their cut NOW they do not wait 21 days.     GO EBID

Message 31 of 141
latest reply

I've been at it since 1999 and I've about had it too. Anyone checked out Ruby Lane? For 50 items a month they charge $35.00. That's it. NO commission fees! It's not an auction but a buy now. You can still use PayPal for payments. Mostly antique or vintage items like eGreed used to be. Sell one $35. item and the rest is profit. Any thoughts?
Message 32 of 141
latest reply

I checked them out too cash$cary, but chose eBid (Webstore is worth a try too). It all comes down to what you are selling and actual sales.

That is why I went with paying eBid $50 for a lifetime Seller+ account and have no listing fees with a final value fee of 2%. This gives you a selling experience much like eBay, sans fees. You can sell there completely free as well, but it is somewhat limited. They also allow you to accept other payment methods like Google Checkout. I personally have Paypal and Google to give my customers multiple options, but I know there are quite a few people that have had it with PP as well. Did I mention you can import feedback, so you're not starting from scratch?

Keep us posted on how it goes on whichever venue you try!
Message 33 of 141
latest reply

Import feedback? From Ebay? Do I have to take the underserved negatives with me? 😉

I keep seeing eBid mentioned on different threads here. I am seriously considering it. Does it get a good amount of traffic?

Message 34 of 141
latest reply

iamthebestpcguy99
Enthusiast

READ THIS!!

SELLERS BEWARE! SELLERS BEWARE! SELLERS BEWARE!! SELLERS BEWARE!

YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED AS A SELLER WHEN BUYER VIOLATES EBAY BUYER PROTECTION POLICY!!!

BUYER PURCHASED LAPTOP, OPENED CASE BY SAYING HE SENT MESSAGE TO ME WITH NO REPLY - 3 EBAYS REPS AGREE WITH ME WHEN I CALL AND SAY THERE IS NO HISTORY OF ANY MESSAGE TO YOU REGARDING CASE -

PLEASE READ ON TO SEE THE OUTRAGEOUS OUTCOME!!:

THE BUYER CLEARY LIED ABOUT SENDING MESSAGE TO ME AND GETTING NO REPLY FROM ME REGARDING ANY ISSUES WITH HIS /HER PURCHASE

-- IF 3 (THREE) EBAY REPRESENTATIVES/PHONE ANSWERING HUMANS OR WHOEVER I TALKED TO ON 3 (THREE) OCCASIONS REGARDING THIS BOGUS CLAIM/FRAUDULENT CLAIM WHY DID THE FOLLOWING HAPPEN????????????????

BASED ON WHAT I READ IN EBAY'S BUYER PROTECTION POLICY - THAT ANY BUYER FILING A BUYER PROTECTION CLAIM IS TO BE "HONEST" "TRUTHFUL" "NOT MANIPULATING EBAY BUYER PROTECTION POLICY IN ANY WAY"

HELLO?? HELLO?? HELLO?? YES,YOU!! EBAY REPS!!

HAVE ANY OF YOU IDIOTS READ THE EBAY BUYER PROTECTION POLICY IN FULL?? I THINK NOT.........

SHOULDN'T EBAY MAKE IT "POLICY" FOR THESE IDIOTS THAT ARE ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE TO READ THE " BIG GIGANTIC BUYER PROTECTION POLICY IN FULL?? SHOULD BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO WORKING IN RESOLUTION DEPARTMENT...YOU THINK??

HELLO?? HELLO?? CAN ANYONE UNDERTSTAND HOW BETRAYED I FELT AFTER HOURS AND HOURS OF PROTECTING MY REPUTAION , GIVING CREDITS FOR MISC. COMPLAINTS - NO QUESTIONS ASKED ON MY SIDE - JUST MAKE BUYER HAPPPY, PRAY FOR POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!

EVEN IF IT IS SOME TEENAGER WITH THIER IRRESPONSIBLE RICH PARENTS CREDIT?? NO, JUST RESOLVE AND MAKE BUYER HAPPY!!!!!!

WHAT ABOUT WHEN THE BUYER IS

"LYING" "BEING DISHONEST" "VIOLATING EBAY POLICIES"

WTF??

WHY DON'T EBAY PROTECT THE SELLERS ON EBAY??

MANY ARE BUYERS AS WELL....

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING! DON'T TAKE YOUR 15 MIN BREAK AND STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND GET RID OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE AND HAVE RUINED EBAY FOR ME AND MANY OTHER HONEST, CREDIBLE BUYERS AND/OR SELLERS!!

HELLO?? HELLO?? EBAY?? YOU OUT THERE??

WHY DON'T YOU GOOGLE

EBAY COMPLAINTS, EBAY IS UNFAIR, EBAY SUCKS, PAYPAL COMPLAINTS, PAYPAL HOLD COMPLAINTS, ETC... YOU KNOW!!

IT IS THE TRUTH, DEAL WITH IT!!

I WILL NEVER SELL ON EBAY AGAIN..THIS IS MY SECOND TRY AT SELLING, UNACCEPTABLE!!

BYE!!

JUST ANOTHER PISSED OFF CUSTOMER YOU LOST, AGAIN!! HOW MANY MORE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION COMPLAINTS WILL BE FILED BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING?? WAKE THE F&@K UP!!!

Message 35 of 141
latest reply

iamthebestpcguy99
Enthusiast

WTF EBAY??

WTF EBAY??

WTF EBAY??

WTF EBAY??

WTF EBAY??

WTF EBAY??

WTF EBAY??

WTF EBAY??

WTF EBAY??

Message 36 of 141
latest reply

I am a new seller since feb 1 2012 and I have about 130 sales and I seem to be doing fine, any suggestions. Dave

Message 37 of 141
latest reply

mrbudman11
Enthusiast

Add me to the list of people who will never buy or sell on ebay again. Fees, BS and a hold on my money still even after the customer got the item, this BS!!

Message 38 of 141
latest reply

yappcd
Enthusiast

I need to find out more about Ebid does anyone have some personal experience that they can share.  I am fed up with Paypal and Ebay's constant hold on every single transaction I make and I see no end in site.  I am really interested in looking for alternative ways to get rid of stuff peridically.

Message 39 of 141
latest reply

yappcd
Enthusiast

I need to find out more about Ebid does anyone have some personal experience that they can share.  I am fed up with Paypal and Ebay's constant hold on every single transaction I make and I see no end in site.  I am really interested in looking for alternative ways to get rid of stuff peridically.

Message 40 of 141
latest reply

EBAY IS BASED PRIMARILY ON CHINA SALES BECAUSE OF MONEY SO IF WE WEED OUT THE CRAPY SELLERS  WITH A FEW LAWS TOO FIGHT THE MONOPOLY WE WILL WIN. I SEE MANY FOLKS GETTING UPSET ABOUT MANY THINGS BUT NO ONE WILL WORK TOGETHER AND I CANT DO IT MYSELF. IF I HAD MONEY I WOULD ACT AS THE ANGEL I WAS NAMED AFTER  GOD BLESS , MOUNTAINMANSMITH

Message 41 of 141
latest reply

They better get with the times before it's too late.They can try having free listings all year long and just maybe some might give them a last chance and come back to sell.

Do you mean that a person can purchase an item use it for 13 days then say I want my money back before the 14 day cut off?Buyers remorse!

Why am i waisting my time here because there isn't anyone watching the store. They know it we all know it.Enough said-----

Message 42 of 141
latest reply

I BUY   VINTAGE JEWELRY LOTS AND SOME COLLECTIBLES. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CAN NOT FIND VINTAGE JEWELRY LOTS TO BUY. THERE USE TO BE MANY JEWELRY LOT AUCTIONS, NOW  MOST OF WHAT IS SOLD IS CRFAT JEWELRY AND VERY FEW VINTAGE JEWELRY LOTS. DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM ASKING? THANK YOU

Message 43 of 141
latest reply

I Been a Ebay Member since April 20/08 honest buyer who spent alot of money on Ebay. Then a seller since three months ago. I sold 37 item with 100% great feed back . Ship with Ebay Tracking number.so buyer view there item on its way. I pay Ebay Fee on time. Ebay take it right out of paypal Account. which i left a good chunck in it. Work two Jobs Drain one of my saving Account start up my Ebay Business invested Hundreds of dollors i have all reciept on Item i Purchase. some of Items i purchase on Ebay, upscale consignment store, Goodwill, put alot of work Efford honesty into this store. i did everything Ebay Policy said to do. check all my Item Which I call my Treasure make sure they are 100% Authentic had 62 Item List on Ebay Handbags shoes yesterday. While doing my listing yesterday a notice sent to me MC999 listing remove . HeartBreak Sad i call Ebay find out whats going on . after pleading my case to him he said Ebay will be investigating what happen and a Letter will be sent Tuesday. in meantime am lossing money Distress heartbroken less sleep last night. just cannot rap my mind around how Ebay punish someone with no bad Reputation and Damaging someone Good Starting selling Reputation . i read some of Forum now i know am not alone. i strive for Excellentcey nothing more nothing less . now am wondering do i want to go thur this maddness with Ebay? IF Ebay want to know i own my own Invertory will gladly take a picture with a news paper or take them to a Ebay Rep let them see i own everything Dont need this Madness. Thanks you all

Message 44 of 141
latest reply

kid-cra-zee
Enthusiast

If you're looking to sell online, search google for "Auctions and Shopping" and click the first result under the pink box. 🙂

Message 45 of 141
latest reply