cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay buyer protection SUCKS!

Seller admits he didnt send the weights for a clock and that a piece was broken. The weights were in the pictures, and he said it was in Excellent condition with all parts present. He told me 3 times he sent a partial refund check, but never I recieved it. In the meantime, I bought some weights on Craigslist for the clock.  I filed a claim, but Ebay ruled in the sellers favor because I may have altered the clock. How did I alter it? The seller admits he was wrong!!! I filed an appeal, and they said their original ruling was correct. He is a new seller that sold 7 items, and I have been with Ebay many years, I will never trust the Buyer Protection again! Thats the only reason I bid so high on an item from a new seller, beacause I THOUGHT I was protected!

Item# 190859172463

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

I think you need to call ebay and bug them keep asking for a supervisor.  And ask the supervisor to review your emails.

Then I think you should calmly and politely email the seller and continue to persue a solution.  If he does not want to arrange an equitable solution to the situation I would suggest escalating the issue by threatening to have an attorney contact him.  If he does not reply contact an attorney and ask them to write a letter to the seller asking for an equitable solution including attorney fees.  If the seller still does not reply then have the attorney contact ebay and file for an arbitration.  Keep pushing buttons but stay calm and polite.

You may also consider filing a claim with the shipping company. I'm hoping it was UPS or FEDex. Tell them the item was damaged in shipping and you want to file a claim.  Persue it as far as you can.

You can also leave the seller a negative feedback once all else fails. This will cost him money and sales in the long run.

Dont give up.

"Four Score and 10 years ago ebay was once a fun enjoyable place to do business." - NOW - "The Beatings will continue until seller morale improves." And if there is no improvement the Cassini Search will delete all your listings from its Search results.
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Like I said, BUYER protection SUCKS! Its really seller protection in disguise. I tried to leave negative or even neutral feedback, but Ebay BUYER protection removed it. If they decide the case, then you cant leave feedback!!????!!!!!!! The seller sent me an an item with missing and broken parts, he admits it, and he lies about giving me a partial refund 3 times. Ebay Bull..... ruled in favor of the seller just because I hung my own weights on it?? I wonder when they really do help the buyer! Im totally disgusted with Ebay. Never had a big problem before, never left neg. feedback before, never filed a claim before and I have 128 pos. score, 100%. The seller has a score of 5. I really think this seller was under a different name before. He seems to know the ropes.I dont have time to wait on the phone for Ebay so I can complain more. I cant blame the shipping service, the chime rod was wrapped with the pendulum, it was not inside the clock where it should be, and the weights are totally missing. Good luck all and bid carefully!

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

I realize my post is well after the facts of the case however any alteration of a product, "NEW" or "USED" voids the seller/buyer warranty. If you bought a Dell computer and altered it in anyway without first resolving the problem with Dell, then you inadvertently void any warranty you had with them,. This is just common sense.

Now realizing that you wanted the product just as it was advertised, doesn't give you the consumer any right to alter product in anyway. Especially if you wish to file a claim. The claim you file is for the product just as is or just as you recieved it, (i.e. missing parts or not.). Your right to a claim is voided at the point where you take it upon yourself to fix or resolve the problem thus taking any seller/dealer out of your support loop.

So for anybody who happens upon this post seeking the facts in the World of  Fair Trade, those are the rules. You cannot alter or change the nature of the product recieved and expect some reward for your effort. It is no longer seller's product once you've changed or altered it.

And yes I know I sound like I repeated what I said but I did not, I merely stated the same point 2 different ways dependent on your own point of view.

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Ebay buyer protection sucks. I lost money because I trusted this piece of junk. Be aware!
Message 5 of 40
latest reply

A buyer has to be a real putz to lose a buyer protection case.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

eBay Buyer Protection is a ruse to get buyers to spend money on junk. A buyer is more compelled auto purchase a questionable item when the purchasing platform(eBay) assures buyers with confidence of the eBay Buyer Protection.

The lesson I and other have had (as buyers) is that you just DO NOT BUY if an item is not 100% guaranteed, new, or the seller doesn't offer refunds and returns - these should also be red flags.

Finally, I recommend making no purchases from ANY Seller with less than 2 years of consistent activity on eBay, less than 99% positive feedback AND at least 1,000 items sold.

Buyer be ware!
Message 7 of 40
latest reply

Totally agree that buyer protection SUCKS  big time. I have been using ebay for quite some time. Never really needed to escalate to ebay support which BTW is a joke. I complained I never received the item, the seller has not shipped with signature confirmation but USPS shows the item as delivered. The item was probably delivery somewhere else but that is not my problem. ebay support simply did not care and gave the decision in favor of the seller. Which means I paid, did not get anything and no one really cares.. Hopefully there is credit card dispute... but really, someone that has been a customer for 10+ years and zero disputes up to now and ebay did not even bother checking all the information I provided.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

E-Bay & Paypal are PROMOTING Scammers & Thieves!!!  I purchased a set of drums for what I thought was a great deal. I paid immediately. The Seller then e-mailed me & said he made a mistake on the price & wanted an additional  $130.00.  I said I'll cancel the transaction, so he said "how about $60.00 more". The Seller just started selling on e-bay, so I thought it was fair. It took him a month to send them, but when I got them, they were broken & pieces were missing! Boxes were paper thin and used many times & NO packing , just newspapers. The Seller REFUSED to answer e-mails from me or e-bay. E-bay said they would send me "ONE" shipping label to send back the drums. ONE! They said "I" would have to purchase packing material & new boxes(boxes he sent could NOT be re-used) & take them to the UPS Store 45 Minutes away!!! AND!!! The extra $60.00 I sent him WOULD NOT BE COVERED!!!!! They call it a "SPLIT" payment & it is not covered by the so-called Protection Plan--WHAT!!!!!!  So, I'm out $60.00 even when I return them plus "I" have to buy boxes, packing & pay for the extra postage!!!!  Where is my protection!!! Bottom line is the Seller got his money PLUS $60.00 even if I send everything back!  I'm out $60.00 PLUS $75.00 I have to spend on the Packing , Boxes & Postage, PLUS Gas money to Pittsburgh!!!  WHERE IS MY PROTECTION E-BAY & PAYPAL?????? You are promoting these THIEVES & SCAMMERS!!!!  You sicken me!!!

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

I have been using ebay for years and the first time I had to escalate they turned it down in exactly 4 minutes!!

The very first issue I had was a phone I bought seller said 10 out of 10 mint. it had cracks and dirt and scuffs. I was like are you kidding me!!?? Ebay has done NOTHING! Seller is a total jerk! Paypal bill me later will not do anything either bc ebay won't do anything for me. They decided in minutes. so I appealed and they took exactly 48hours and I get a automated response saying we agree with our earlier decision. I am going to buy on amazon 100% from now on. EBAY YOU SUCK!!!

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.ITEM NEVER RECIEVED.IT MUST HAVE WENT TO ANOTHER ADRESSE.

EBAY REFUSED TO RETURN MY $81.00

EBAY SUCKS

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

You'll be eating those words soon enough!

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

I agree Ebay buyer protection SUCKS! I bought some stamps and the listing was very deciptive and I felt I didn't get the item as described and then I couldn't even leave feedback to warn other buyers this guy uses very deciptive decriptions.

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

Ebay's buyer protection is nothing but a joke. It's a loophole for those dishonest sellers. Amazon does way more better. Ebay is gonna die soon.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

and so is  sellers protection it sucks.

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply