cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The price of Ebay's complacency

I was always told ; Lead , Follow or get out of the way.   It seems Ebay was content at being fat,dumb and happy simply because they were the only game in town ... but those days are history.

Take a look a Amazon's sales increases for the last 5 years.   

As a buyer from both sights I'm a buyer turning more and more to Amazon and I'll try to explain what Amazon has that Ebay dosen't ... First of all it isn't pricing  // Amazon's pricing averages slightly higher than Ebay ...

Amazon beats the pants off Ebay in customer satisfaction ( no doubt the same people respomseable at Ebay will cry a denial )  but it's true , not only is it true but I put my money on it being true.

If I buy something from Amazon then it will arrive many times quicker than Ebay ... that goes for domestic and off-shore,  I have seen identical items from China take over 8 weeks to arrive when bought on Ebay while the same item will arrive much faster on Amazon.   I've never been shafted on Amazon but it's a common event on Ebay lately ... complaints on Ebay IMO are usually met with a yawn while Amazon complaints are quick and just.

Of course it would take billions to start another on-line sales so that will keep competition at a minimum  ,,, but ,,, on-line sales are an attractive piece of pie.  Don't be surprised if you soon see 3 competators instead of 2 ... you once had all the apples but now you must share ,,, you did it too yourself

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0