cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, September 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - 2021 Fall Seller Update

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat. This week we’re joined by the eBay Seller Update team. They are here to address any questions you may have about the 2021 Fall Seller Update. 

If you need a refresher, you can read more about the Update here.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. We’ll review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT, at which point the thread will be closed from additional responses. After that time, the team will continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

**Please note that while off-topic questions will not be removed, they will be answered after the chat closes, to allow priority to remain on the topic for this week's chat. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Community Chat, September 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - 2021 Fall Seller Update

@dhbookds wrote:

This may be off topic, though I had a response in the update questions about it........  There is a problem with what categories show if one uses "ebay" categories (as opposed to making your own) as the choice in the store set up information.  If you look at one of my listings only 3 categories show up, versus the string of categories when you go to my store.

At the update, someone said they were investigating and would get back to me......As yet, I've not heard anything directly, nor did I see any update in the update.....  lol..........so is there any update? 

Sorry........not sure if anyone is here from the stores team........

Hello @dhbookds! We haven't received a response yet but we'll follow-up with you once we have news to share. Thank you! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's closed from further replies but we'll keep working through to make sure that questions are addressed.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques this is on my wish list as well. Thank you for providing your feedback, it helps us to know that this will be helpful to sellers by providing notification on Seller Update dates in advance. 

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

velvet@ebay  Thanks for the clarification on keywords. Is keyword exclusion something you would consider for the future?

I haven't heard of anyone discussing the option to exclude keywords but I'll get this feedback passed on. Thanks @my-cottage-books-and-antiques!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

chelsea, Is there anything in Seller School right now about PLAdvanced?  I looked the other night and didn't see anything, but maybe I missed it....

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - not at this point, but it will be ready by the time Promoted Listing Advanced is available for you to use. 

We've been told that it will be an 'independent module' within Seller School (meaning you won't have to dive into subtopics - it should be very prominent) - so you can expect to see it update there within the coming weeks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

Hey @millcreekrescue909 

sorry to hear about your negative feedback, those are never easy to see! When it comes to feedback we can only remove them in very specific situations which you can see here. While I can't help here, you're more than welcome to reach out to our eBay for Business page for a second look if you'd like! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

The User Agreement e-mails are taking a really long time to be sent. I just got the e-mail about UA changes for this posting ID a couple hours ago- my main selling account didn't even get the e-mail yet.

Howdy @coffeebean832 - with such a large base of members to notify emails are being sent in batches, but that should be completed very shortly. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 37 of 41
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

So........just wondering if anyone heard us about the problems with category change in Oct?.......the time stressors in trying to do that and handling the upswing of orders (hopefully) and listing in the 4th quarter?\

lol..........off to the slow typist corner.......

Hi @dhbookds - the timeline for the category changes isn't going to change, but is going to be directed by the item specifics that you've selected (the item specifics will determine the new categories). 

As long as your specifics are up to date you should see very little disruption when the change occurs (though we have been told that it may take a day or two to fully move over). 

Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @coffeebean832 we thought that we had this covered in the Category Changes where we mention:

• When the category structure changes, your listings may be automatically moved to another category, based on the item specifications that you provided.

Thank you for providing this feedback to us. I can take this back to the team and use it as a learning for next time. 

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@easterbasset wrote:

I do a work-around when buying shipping labels, just to keep Transaction Summary in MP data presented so it can be cross-referenced back to specific shipment. I buy each label one.at.a.time.  No more using Bulk labels. Sad, since that was a welcomed feature added a couple years ago, not just for eliminating redundancy, but also included the appreciated SCAN form. Any word on improving details for transactions from Bulk Labels so a seller sees breakdown of orders it was tied to?

Hi @easterbasset - I'm not sure if there are further improvements coming to the Bulk Label flow, but will get this to the team as a future suggestion!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

This may be off topic, though I had a response in the update questions about it........  There is a problem with what categories show if one uses "ebay" categories (as opposed to making your own) as the choice in the store set up information.  If you look at one of my listings only 3 categories show up, versus the string of categories when you go to my store.

At the update, someone said they were investigating and would get back to me......As yet, I've not heard anything directly, nor did I see any update in the update.....  lol..........so is there any update? 

Sorry........not sure if anyone is here from the stores team........

-----

Edit: A response to your question can be found here

Hey @dhbookds! I've had a response back. They say this is a known issue they're working on. While we rarely have a timeframe to provide as to when they estimate a fix being found, please know that they are aware and working on it. Thank you!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 41 of 41
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: