cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 26 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Community Chat, May 26 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@coffeebean832 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

While not related to feedback, this is an issue related to the pop-ups eBay is implementing across Seller Hub so I'm including it in this post. Pop-ups were recently added to the process of ending listings. Just like the feedback issue, after you end a listing and the pop-up window closes, the active listings page you were on goes back up to the top- losing your place on the page.

Hi @coffeebean832 - thank you so much for the screenshots! I will work to find the right feedback folks to get this to so that it can be addressed (the Chinese and German bits especially), as well as the Seller Hub teams. 

Thanks, Tyler. The above quoted part is the biggest issue for me. If they're going to force a page refresh when you end a listing- then at the very least they need to preserve your spot on the page so it doesn't disrupt the workflow. Scrolling through 200 listings per page to find where I left off is not only disruptive to listing management- but it's inefficient. Tasks like that shouldn't have obstacles to make them take longer.

I really hate this new pop-up system. I prefer to open pages in new tabs.

Definitely agree that the refresh should be 'sticky' @coffeebean832 - it's very unhelpful to have to scroll again.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 61 of 63
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques - Thank you for clarifying. I can reach out to the team I provided an email for to see if they have any guidance, though typically, they doesn't always provide information on what should go into the item specific fields. I'll let you know what I find out. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 62 of 63
latest reply

@randomsl wrote:

With regard to adding new  item specifics to trading card listings, is there a way to breakdown the bulk listing spreadsheet download file into smaller manageable pieces? For example, previously when trading cards had sub-categories of baseball, basketball, etc., you could choose to create a download spreadsheet for each individual category.  Now that all of the sub-categories have been removed, everything is lumped into "Trading  Card Singles".  I have over 10,000 listings that need minor updates to accommodate the new mandate. However when I try to download the spreadsheet file I can no longer get it by subcategories. It  is downloading an unmanageable sized spreadsheet of 10,000 entries. Can anyone suggest a more reasonable way to update 10,000+ listings?

Hi @randomsl - I'm not aware of a way to get the download to display what subcategories used to be.

I'm not sure if 3rd party listing softwares like Auctiva or SixBit have that capability though (best to check with them directly). 

Otherwise the only tools we really have are the Bulk Edit tool or the Reports>Downloads option in SellerHub (formerly FileExchange). 

I'll make sure that this is shared with the right teams to see if there is any suggestion I'm not aware of and keep you posted!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 63 of 63
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: