cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 2 @ 1:00 pm PT - Trading Cards Image Detection

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat. This week we’re joined by the trading cards team. They are here to address any questions you may have about the image detection feature on the app. 

You can read the announcement for this feature here, as well as viewing the FAQs here: Android or iOS

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. We’ll review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT, at which point the thread will be closed from additional responses. After that time, the team will continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

**Please note that while off-topic questions will not be removed, they will be answered after the chat closes, to allow priority to remain on the topic for this week's chat. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Community Chat, June 2 @ 1:00 pm PT - Trading Cards Image Detection

Thanks again for the weekly chat:

This is one I will just have to read due to it is a feature I will likely never use.

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

I had to use the APRIL 28 topic to get here.  Someone needs to fix it.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

I probably won't use this feature either, but I figure since I had nothing on my agenda today, I would pop in here.

I think folks are having a hard time finding this chat since I found it under APRIL 28.

disneyshopper

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

I had to use the APRIL 28 topic to get here.  Someone needs to fix it.

@disneyshopper I accidentally put the wrong date in the subject line, but I've since fixed it 😥

Brian,
Community Team
Message 5 of 49
latest reply

OFF TOPIC:

Now that ebay no longer invoices us for store fees, etc, it is my understanding we need to provide a back up to pay those fees if they exceed what is available in Managed Payments. My question is pretty simple: It appears we have three automatic payment choices: Paypal, Checking Account, or Credit/Debit card.

Am I correct? We can designate any one of these?  Or are we confined to only our checking account?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

I probably won't use this feature either, but I figure since I had nothing on my agenda today, I would pop in here.

I think folks are having a hard time finding this chat since I found it under APRIL 28.

I followed the link posted for this to get here: not the banner.

Thank for the fix brian

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

That's why I mentioned it!   😀

disneyshopper

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

OFF TOPIC:

We can create Custom Item Specifics in Item Specifics. I realize these custom item specifics do not attach to any of the ebay search filters. My question is: does ebay search use them at all?

And also: does ebay search use the description section by default, or only if we designate search to include it? 

_____

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

brian@ebay 

I know this is off topic, but can you please check in on this thread after the chat?

eBay is promoting a Halloween themed Funko Pop presale event where almost all of the 450 listings appear to be in violation of eBay's presale policies and possibly FTC 30 Day Mail Order rules as well.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Promoted-Funkoween-Presale-Violations/m-p/31925487#M17618... 

_____

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

Not fixed. I wasted 10 minutes looking for today's chat.

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

brian@ebay 

I know this is off topic, but can you please check in on this thread after the chat?

eBay is promoting a Halloween themed Funko Pop presale event where almost all of the 450 listings appear to be in violation of eBay's presale policies and possibly FTC 30 Day Mail Order rules as well.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Promoted-Funkoween-Presale-Violations/m-p/31925487#M17618... 

@valueaddedresource I actually did send this to the appropriate team for review but I neglected to update that thread. Sorry about that! I don't have an update to provide just yet but when I have more details I'll put them in that thread. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 12 of 49
latest reply

So lets see if I got this right app scans card pops up the possible matches and you list using YOUR photos and price , and of course condition:

This does a description for the user to list with??? 

_____

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

brian@ebay 

I am wondering how many tickets need to be opened for ebay tech support to fix an issue with bulk editor? I have reported glitches and issues with it over and over for the past 4 months - nothing has been done. Either I get tons of errors and can't update at all or it does update but I ALWAYS get this error no matter what: "The Volume Discount Create or Update Failed for (x amount) of Listings" - Then when you have other errors it's impossible to update/use the bulk editor ebay nows says they aren't refreshing listings anymore - OK, but if that's the case don't you think ebay should then be fixing Bulk Editor so it works correctly?? 

IMG_1573.jpg

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 14 of 49
latest reply

yes, please explain the rationale behind not allowing bid retractions.  i buy and sell in trading cards, and i have clicked on the wrong button on my smartphone and needed to retract.  i also have encountered a glitch on the smartphone that dumps me into the wrong item/seller.   i have had to cancel people's bids and purchases, and if i didn't they would most likely have just not paid like all the others who haven't asked to be cancelled... and that just wastes my time.

yes, i know they can figure out what the high-price is if they bid and retract, but is there enough of that going on to offset the other issues?  maybe it's worse in the sports card category?

most importantly, given how quickly the prices are changing (sometimes daily) in trading cards... it complicates things when people buy and then don't pay.  i lose money when they don't pay and i have to wait for them to pay... and then when they don't, i relist , but then i miss the holiday or the price spike or the intensity of demand for a particular product.  losing just a few days or a week in trading cards can mean a loss of 500 dollars!

based on my experience, it is MUCH more important to avoid non-pays than to put in an extra layer of work in order to cancel.  the answer to that for me would be to allow us to cancel and move on quicker if it's a hot product or a holiday.  maybe there could be a special icon or something that would alert people that it's a quick-pay item?

as an example, i recently pulled down a listing i had and sent the cards into PWCC to have them do the auction on ebay since they were having a huge pokemon event in february.  a person who won one of my cards there never paid.  that meant, i missed the event and the card sold for a LOT LESS the next round.  it wouldn't have mattered if the person had asked permission or not, since PWCC bans people who don't pay...but it still wasn't enough to deter that person from bidding and then not paying.

so... why be so hardcore about the retraction?

Message 15 of 49
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: