cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Executive Chat, Oct 10th @ 1pm PT - Sarah Brubacher

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community,

I am very excited to announce that we will be hosting an eBay Executive Chat on Tuesday, Oct 10th at 1 pm PT with Sarah Brubacher.

Sarah currently leads the Seller Evangelist & Community team and has held a variety of roles during her thirteen years at eBay.  She first joined eBay in 2004 as a global policy manager in Trust & Safety – and since then has held positions in Cross-Border Trade, Merchant Development, Global University Recruiting and has been Chief of Staff.

Please join this 'Ask Me Anything' hour-long chat session to get to know Sarah, ask questions and share your insights about selling on eBay.

Sarah is looking forward to answering your questions!

Chat with you then.

Sarah.png

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Thanks for joining us today. The thread is now open for replies.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 85
latest reply

Hi Alan! Hi Sarah!

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 3 of 85
latest reply

@ebetsy wrote:

Hi Alan! Hi Sarah!

Hiya ebetsy!! Thanks for breaking the ice! 🙂 Sarah

Message 4 of 85
latest reply

@sarahbru wrote:

@ebetsy wrote:

Hi Alan! Hi Sarah!

My speciality! Thanks for this chat…so what are you hearing from sellers is their biggest challenge these days?

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 5 of 85
latest reply

@danna wrote:

***waves*** Sarah!  

Hey girlfriend! Hi!!

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 7 of 85
latest reply

Hi GF,, boy I've not been on one of these chats in ages. So we just refresh and read?
Message 8 of 85
latest reply

@danna wrote:
Hi GF,, boy I've not been on one of these chats in ages. So we just refresh and read?

Yep.…and let me just add, fancy meeting you here!

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 9 of 85
latest reply

@ebetsy wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@ebetsy wrote:

Hi Alan! Hi Sarah!

My speciality! Thanks for this chat…so what are you hearing from sellers is their biggest challenge these days?

eBetsy:  What I am hearing most recently is the challenge of keeping up with all of the changes eBay has asked sellers to adopt (e.g. active content, https, contact info, etc).  We try to consolidate updates together in Seller Releases and provide tools where they are available, but we also recognize that it is ALOT when you are a small business.  What are you hearing? Sarah

Message 10 of 85
latest reply

@sarahbru wrote:

@ebetsy wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@ebetsy wrote:

Hi Alan! Hi Sarah!

eBetsy:  What I am hearing most recently is the challenge of keeping up with all of the changes eBay has asked sellers to adopt (e.g. active content, https, contact info, etc).  We try to consolidate updates together in Seller Releases and provide tools where they are available, but we also recognize that it is ALOT when you are a small business.  What are you hearing? Sarah

The Fall Seller Update is always a source of trepidation, coming as it does right before the holidays, but I'm loving the changes. We were already doing 60-day free returns and delivering with the Guaranteed Delivery window, so love getting the recognition (and boost in search) for that.

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 11 of 85
latest reply

"Ask Me Anything" ...  Whats the best tips for us preparing for Cyber Monday?  I've been trying organize a few promotions to launch then. Do you suggest launching them on Thanksgiving day or Black Friday or just on Monday?  

Message 12 of 85
latest reply

@ebetsy wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@ebetsy wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@ebetsy wrote:

Hi Alan! Hi Sarah!

The Fall Seller Update is always a source of trepidation, coming as it does right before the holidays, but I'm loving the changes. We were already doing 60-day free returns and delivering with the Guaranteed Delivery window, so love getting the recognition (and boost in search) for that.

eBetsy: Are you TRYING to make my day?! That is such great news - thanks for sharing your success! Sarah

Message 13 of 85
latest reply

Yesterday I encountered a problem marking down items using ebay's promoted listings.  The new "SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN" is now capped with a maximum discount of 60%.  When I used the dollar feature to come down lower than that it reads "SKIPPED: MAXIMUM".   Been on the line with CS and they confirmed that 60% is the current maximum discount allowed. 

I need to know if this is a tool issue, programming issue, or has there been a new policy that markdowns greater than 60% are no longer acceptable on the eBay platform.   Right now I'm hearing it's the later... that 60% is the maximum allowance allowed off retail on ebay. 

Can you confirm this? 

photo HONEVILLELOGO-1.jpg

Message 14 of 85
latest reply

@danna wrote:

"Ask Me Anything" ...  Whats the best tips for us preparing for Cyber Monday?  I've been trying organize a few promotions to launch then. Do you suggest launching them on Thanksgiving day or Black Friday or just on Monday?  

Hey Danna:  I don't know that there is a BEST PRACTICE on this (and I think promotions are really specific to categories) but I think we get the most traffic on Black Friday and Cyber Monday so if I'm targeting my resources - those are the days I'd focus on.  Sarah

Message 15 of 85
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: