cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, May 3rd @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone!

Come and join the Community team today for our weekly chat. No set topic for today so feel free to bring your general questions for discussion with the team Smiley Happy

See you there!

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone!

The weekly chat is now open 🙂

Message 2 of 78
latest reply

Hello,

My onetime shipping went from 2.7% to 3.17% DUE TO THE POST OFFICE. I live in a large building with a postal drop. We have daily pickup.  I ship EVERY order with 24 hours.  I NEVER ship late (over 1 day).  Today I talked to my postal carrier. He said it is not his job to scan items he picks up, it is the post offices job.  He and I talked about this earlier this week.  He talked to a postal clerk who said that often packages do not get scanned due to the P.O. being short handed.  I am being penalized due to the post office's inability to do their job.  What is with ebay's policy that punishes small sellers?  If I sell 100 items and on one day sell 4 items that don't get scanned, there goes my Top Rated Seller status. There is nothing I can do about the post office not doing their job.

Message 3 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@electronicspart wrote:

Hello,

My onetime shipping went from 2.7% to 3.17% DUE TO THE POST OFFICE. I live in a large building with a postal drop. We have daily pickup.  I ship EVERY order with 24 hours.  I NEVER ship late (over 1 day).  Today I talked to my postal carrier. He said it is not his job to scan items he picks up, it is the post offices job.  He and I talked about this earlier this week.  He talked to a postal clerk who said that often packages do not get scanned due to the P.O. being short handed.  I am being penalized due to the post office's inability to do their job.  What is with ebay's policy that punishes small sellers?  If I sell 100 items and on one day sell 4 items that don't get scanned, there goes my Top Rated Seller status. There is nothing I can do about the post office not doing their job.

In our discussion with USPS, an acceptance scan is part of the service they provide to you. Email Griff@eBay.com with the details regarding these shipments as well as the info for your local post office and we can work with them to ensure that the service you are paying for is provided consistantly!

Message 4 of 78
latest reply

Hi Trinton, and I'm assuming Heidi and Alan as well.

So, the topics popping up over on the Seller board about the Turbo Lister has made me curious about something.

I never got Turbo Lister because shortly after I started managing the eBay sales for my company it was announced that the Turbo Lister would be discontinued, well, according to the emails people are getting, New Sellers won't be able to use it, but older sellers will still be able to.

But I never tried it since I was under the impression it would be going away, so, my question is, since I'm not a new seller but I never used TL, will I still be able to use it, or is it gonna go poof for me?

When I see new seller I assume new accounts, but, I can also see that blanketing to people who have never used TL as well.

Also I would like to bring up another issue while I'm at it. When I look at our eBay store from home on my mobile app, using the search engine (I can't log onto it at home), it shows older sales (2-3 sometimes 4 or 5 days old) as having sold the day before or the same day as I'm checking. Is this simply a display error?

It gives me the false notion that I will have a sale to package up when I get to work the next morning, and then I come in, and no sale.

I know this is an issue that would be singular to me and a few select other people, but, I'm just curious if this is a known display glitch or not.

Thanks.

Bigmotormania
Message 5 of 78
latest reply

I just want to thank my fellow eBay members for their support during this hard time in my life. My FIL is dying & my fellow members have been there for me again! Sometimes a kind word really helps. Thanks to everyone that replied, sent a message, prayed or just sent good thoughts!

I know this is off topic but I've survived a few tragedies because of my ebay friends.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 6 of 78
latest reply

Hi, Trinton…

Just a heads up to whatever team is responsible for maintaining/administering the survey for sellers who close their store.  On screen 5, it asks what your store subscription level was.  As you can see, the Basic store fee needs to be updated.

ebay-store-close-exit-survey-page5A-170430-FEES.jpg

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 7 of 78
latest reply

Why am I seeing different search results ?
If I am searching etienne aigner shoes It returns a normal search

If I search salvatore ferragamo Women it shows me a new  ebay shopping experience
search results with descriptions ?

And why all the men's shoes when I search Women?

I posted to the selling board just a short time ago wanted to see if other sellers are seeing different search results as well.

I cannot stay around I have to be somewhere at 430Pm
thanks

ebay new search 5-17.jpg 

Message 8 of 78
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Email Griff@eBay.com with the details regarding these shipments......

Ok, thank you. I'll do that. 
Next: I do not use java script in any of my auctions. ebay says I have java script in 419 of my auctions.  I did not put it there.  Turbolister may put java script in my auctions, but that is done by ebay NOT me.  What java script does ebay put in my listings? Why am I responsible for correcting ebay’s “error”.

Message 9 of 78
latest reply

How do I get on this chat?
Message 10 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious as to whether an item that a buyer paid for on Friday April 21 and shipped the same day that was delivered on Saturday, April 29 via USPS First Class Mail would be considered late or on time per eBay standards?   It was a domestic shipment, from CA to OH.

Message 11 of 78
latest reply

Received an email today titled "Upcoming Changes for Turbo Lister" which reads, in part:

"Beginning in June 2017, TurboLister will see a few changes as we move to our easy-to-use Seller Hub platform. Though Turbolister will no longer be available to new sellers, and no new features will be added, existing sellers can still use it and will continue to have technical support for the tool."

Q1: Does "existing sellers can still use it" mean for the forseeable future or is the plan still to cut off current users sometime this summer?

Q2: Any further clarification on "no longer be available to new sellers"?

- Q2A: The download link was removed months ago, but some of us still have the installer sitting on our hard drives. So, should I need to reinstall TL will I be able to do so?

- Q2B: There's a difference between "seller" and "account". If I open a new eBay account in July or later will I be able to use TL with it since I am an existing seller or will that account be unable to use TL since it will be a "new account".

Message 12 of 78
latest reply

@mg152

Thinking of you always, rough times still ahead
Hang in there  Patricia

Message 13 of 78
latest reply

Editing photos while posting a listing has been very valuable.

Suddenly, it didn't work anymore.

After griping to four technicians, over a period of about six hours, I finally found someone who understood what I was talking about (that's another perennial gripe I have) and told me that feature is being deleted on the newest listing page.

It still works on the Quick Listing Page, but he assured me that is going to disappear, too

...And there's no point uploading pictures on the Quick Listing Page and then returning to the Advanced Listing Page for the rest, because the act of switching erases everything you've already entered.

Why does eBay continue to make life harder for sellers with changes like this?

Message 14 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigmotormania wrote:

Hi Trinton, and I'm assuming Heidi and Alan as well.

So, the topics popping up over on the Seller board about the Turbo Lister has made me curious about something.

I never got Turbo Lister because shortly after I started managing the eBay sales for my company it was announced that the Turbo Lister would be discontinued, well, according to the emails people are getting, New Sellers won't be able to use it, but older sellers will still be able to.

But I never tried it since I was under the impression it would be going away, so, my question is, since I'm not a new seller but I never used TL, will I still be able to use it, or is it gonna go poof for me?

When I see new seller I assume new accounts, but, I can also see that blanketing to people who have never used TL as well.

Also I would like to bring up another issue while I'm at it. When I look at our eBay store from home on my mobile app, using the search engine (I can't log onto it at home), it shows older sales (2-3 sometimes 4 or 5 days old) as having sold the day before or the same day as I'm checking. Is this simply a display error?

It gives me the false notion that I will have a sale to package up when I get to work the next morning, and then I come in, and no sale.

I know this is an issue that would be singular to me and a few select other people, but, I'm just curious if this is a known display glitch or not.

Thanks.

Good afternoon! While TurboLister is slated to no longer be supported in the near future, the tool will still be available for a short time thereafter - we simply are no longer going to be providing updates to keep it current. At some point after enough updates have passed on eBay, the tool will no longer function as intended. We intend to replicate the features of TurboLister in the Seller Hub and you are also welcome to check out other third party tools that may meet your needs if you would like!

In regards to the error you describe, it does sound like a graphical issue if it is inconsistant. I still want to get some details from you so keep an eye out for an email from me here shortly so I can investigate and report to our tech teams as needed 🙂

Message 15 of 78
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: