cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, May 24th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello! 🙌

Please join the Community team at 1pm Pacific this Wednesday for our weekly chat. We do not have a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your buying or selling questions or share what's on your eBay mind. 

Last week I shared a link to a survey we're currently conducting regarding the weekly chat format. Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to give us feedback, we've received some great insights and suggestions for improvements already! If you haven't yet taken the survey, please do so via this link.

Talk to you tomorrow! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

The chat is now open! Looking forward to talking with everyone 🙂

Message 2 of 110
latest reply

Hi @Anonymous

#1 - I would like some clarification to the fairly new search option “Deals and Savings”, which were never explained when rolled out (at least to my knowledge). Deals and Savings, in my opinion, should display items that are either on sale, or are current hot deals.

When searching Nintendo Switch (apparently a hot item right now) and selecting Deals and Savings in search option, it comes up with pages of listings that are neither romoted, nor discounted.

When searching for a regular item, for example a J. Crew Sweater in Women’s clothing, and selecting Deals and Savings, it comes up with 1 low priced item, and 3 Sponsored listings.

As a seller, I would love to see the deals and savings search function synched with markdown manager and promotional tools, so when a seller has a sale, it would display under deals and savings.

As a buyer, I would love to see what is actually on sale by using the same search function, instead of Sponsored, Promoted, or other kinds of listings that are neither of value to me, nor a great deal.

I think both buyers and sellers would benefit from a Search option optimized to deliver current deals and savings, which would result in more income for eBay, more sales, and happier buyers.

For example, I ran a fairly significant sale for 48 hours, and none of the items appeared under Deals and Savings for any applicable category. Thus, the sale was displayed only to the people who actually visited my store.

#2 -  What is the purpose of using the Promotions tool in conjunction with Markdown Manager. I know Markdown changes the price, and the Promotions tool (Sale Event, specifically) should broadcast the sale to a wider audience. But does it really? Please clarify this.

Thank you.  

Message 3 of 110
latest reply

Hello there and nice to see you all.  I am bringing up a situation that is occuring today. I am a  seller, but there are other sellers I buy from. Today, if I tried to sort by Bin or Auction, all the listings would disappear. Also trying to select his items by category...they would disappear. Holy Smokes....I'm sure he's not happy.

Message 4 of 110
latest reply

Second item  I said to other sellers I would bring up is the problem with getting US eBay reps on Customer Service VS overseas US reps and the problems that occur, whether it's a problem with communication, understanding or generally just not beingpleasant.

Message 5 of 110
latest reply

There have been several, well-documented instances, over at least the last month or so, of very inappropriate material being added to sellers listings in the "people were also interested in...." section. This inappropriate material was of the very adult themed variety, including various adult magazines to very suggestive, sexually explicit material. Screen shots of several examples were emailed to Mr. Burke, raising the concern.

Checking today, one of the sellers very non-adult items with adult magazines attached previously, now doesn't have any other items attached to his listings, not even related. The second seller still has the objectionable items attached.

It appears the issue is being worked?  Any updates you can provide?

Thanks

Message 6 of 110
latest reply

There have been a few "connection Timeout" today using Firefox when listing, using Mobile Checker, or searching. Mostly around 12-2:00 PM EST. Other reports on Tech bords.

Message 7 of 110
latest reply

Good afternoon everyone!

I am having issues with the search for the past week.  I input small bubble wrap 350 ft in search and get all kinds of other sizes instead.  Is this a known issue?

Also why do I receive emails on items I have previously purchased over 6 months or so ago that they are available still? 

Thanks in advance!

Message 8 of 110
latest reply

I use Chrome

Message 9 of 110
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

Hello there and nice to see you all.  I am bringing up a situation that is occuring today. I am a  seller, but there are other sellers I buy from. Today, if I tried to sort by Bin or Auction, all the listings would disappear. Also trying to select his items by category...they would disappear. Holy Smokes....I'm sure he's not happy.

That's really unusual, and I wouldn't want it happening either. I'll reach out to you after the chat for more specifics as we'd want to get that looked into further. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 110
latest reply

What's going on with 0 or - views & watchers? Sales are nearly non existent. I had my store on vacation because of my father in law passing, I took it off to find views & watchers messed up. I've had a couple sales this week so I know there aren't 0 or - views. I'm not the only one either.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 110
latest reply

I'm not sure this is relevant to what I posted?
Message 12 of 110
latest reply

Oops! Forgot to say HI & I hope all is well! 😀
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 13 of 110
latest reply

Thanks Tyler...:-)
Message 14 of 110
latest reply

Hello Alan, and assumably Heidi, Trinton, and the new arrival Tyler.

I had a question in regards to recent... issues that have been popping up in regards to search problems. It has been stated through multiple posts that mostly on Chrome, for at least a day there were literally no search results unless you went through specific search channels, has this issue been addressed COMPLETELY (that's important) and what sort of updates on this issue can we expect?

I shouldn't need to link to these topics as they should no doubt have ended up on your radar without my assistance.

Another thing, I've noticed my listing impressions are down HEAVILY and I want to know if this is a common trend due to the aforementioned search issues, I'm not asking for specifics but certainly you have access to certain metrics that can be publicly stated with a yay or nay. This is a yes or no question.

Thirdly, can you put in a request to be able to change the background colour for the new listing page please? A lot of people like white, and that's fine with me, but the way the new listing format page is setup there's far more white and that is absolutely blinding to me and I often have to lower the brightness on my computer screen in order to not have my eyeballs blazed out of my head trying to post a new listing, a simple day/night style feature like a lot of other websites have would be nice, or even just an option to change the background colour with a few different ones (as I have mentioned multiple times I prefer a tannish cream colour as it's smooth and bright but doesn't sear my retnas out of my head).

Aside from those three questions I don't off the top of my head or at this very moment have any other questions and I'm distracted doing an inventory check so I may not respond to anything immediately, but I will ask if I have any other questions, as there's one poking at the back of my brain I wanted to ask today but alas I am at a loss for remembering what that question was, but it's important.

Bigmotormania
Message 15 of 110
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: