cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, May 10th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Join us today at 1pm Pacific for a Community chat. There isn't a set topic so feel free to ask us your buying and selling questions. 

If you are a small business, don't forget to submit your entry for our SHINE awards, the closing date for entries is fast approaching and we've got some fantastic prizes!!

Thank you.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The thread is now open!

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 136
latest reply

International Shipping Default settings

For New Sellers it would be beneficial that the Site Preferences for Excluded shipping areas were DEFAULTED to Domestic locations ONLY preventing new sellers from selling internationally as they get started and gain experience. There are regular posts on The Community from new Sellers who “thought” by checking the No International shipments on their listing form protected them from a foreign Buyer purchasing from them. By checking that box they are obviously indicating that they do not want to ship internationally. I have read many threads advising new Sellers to gain experience selling domestically before venturing in to International shipping AND I have given new Sellers that advice myself. Case in point, I got that very sound advice when the above scenario happened to me when I started to sell. I thought by checking the box on the listing form for No International shipping I was covered but soon learned the hard way on two orders that I was not.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 136
latest reply

Are sellers going to be forced to use the seller hub and the new listing tool or will we have a choice of either? I am not happy with the seller hub or the new listing tool.

Message 4 of 136
latest reply

Thank you for the notice about the SHINE awards.
I had not heard of that before, and will certainly investigate right after this session ends.

Message 5 of 136
latest reply

Still waiting for the auto relist questions.
Thanks

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 136
latest reply

Hi,

Regarding the user updates:  Is the only way to "opt-out" of the fixed-listing automatic relisting policy to manually "end" a listing before the scheduled end time?  Items that don't sell after several months get donated to charity and are no longer in my inventory.

Thanks,

DJ

Message 7 of 136
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr_lincoln wrote:

International Shipping Default settings

For New Sellers it would be beneficial that the Site Preferences for Excluded shipping areas were DEFAULTED to Domestic locations ONLY preventing new sellers from selling internationally as they get started and gain experience. There are regular posts on The Community from new Sellers who “thought” by checking the No International shipments on their listing form protected them from a foreign Buyer purchasing from them. By checking that box they are obviously indicating that they do not want to ship internationally. I have read many threads advising new Sellers to gain experience selling domestically before venturing in to International shipping AND I have given new Sellers that advice myself. Case in point, I got that very sound advice when the above scenario happened to me when I started to sell. I thought by checking the box on the listing form for No International shipping I was covered but soon learned the hard way on two orders that I was not.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thanks for this suggestion, @mr_lincoln! It can be a bit convoluted of a process with the two different preferences and I'll send it on.

Message 8 of 136
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Thank you for the notice about the SHINE awards.
I had not heard of that before, and will certainly investigate right after this session ends.

Awesome!

eBay for Business just did a broadcast on that topic, you can watch it here: https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/videos/1351294724948120/

Message 9 of 136
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kavi1030 wrote:

Are sellers going to be forced to use the seller hub and the new listing tool or will we have a choice of either? I am not happy with the seller hub or the new listing tool.

No plans to require Seller Hub at the moment. We are always working to enhance this feature for you, so if you have any feedback feel free to provide it! You can access the Advanced Listing tool from the Sell option in the upper right corner of any eBay page, then select Advanced tool from the top right of the next screen.

Message 10 of 136
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
Still waiting for the auto relist questions.
Thanks

Hi @loveyourimagination49 & @djmovers99 - We'll have more info on these questions later today and will update the thread once we know more.

Message 11 of 136
latest reply

Could you please answer and respond to all the questions that are here:

2017 Summer Seller Update
Message 12 of 136
latest reply

Listing Conditions

When listing an item, you agree to comply with eBay's rules for listing and Selling Practices policy and that:

When you use the consumer seller listing tool to create listings, your fixed-price listings may renew automatically every 30 days, based on the listing terms at that time, until the quantities sell out or until you cancel the listing.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

==============================================

So eBay intends to relist my unsold items without my knowledge or consent?

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 13 of 136
latest reply

@kavi1030 wrote:

Yes, we are forced to use the Seller Hub and the new listing tool. 
I found that my account had been transferred to the new listing tool when I was unable to edit photos after I uploaded them...and when the system started rejecting photos that were less than 600 pixels on the long side.

Why does eBay dispise sellers so much that they keep making it harder for us to list our items?

Message 14 of 136
latest reply

I have two questions that are closely related to each other.

1st question  -  If I have an ebay buyer who I decide to refund in full through Paypal, does that result in an ebay out of stock defect?  This should really only be a yes or not answer.  The reason why I would refund should not have any deciding factors to the answer.

2nd question  -  If a buyer on eBay opens a return request and opens the return request incorrectly with multiply problems and I decide it would just be better to refund the buyer in full through paypal Does this result in an out of stock defect on eBay?

In the 2nd question the refund has to be done through paypal because the return request was not done correctly and there would be no way to refund in full through the return request.

Thank You

Message 15 of 136
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: