cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, July 5th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

We hope that you had a wonderful Fourth of July!

Please join the Community team at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 7/5 for our weekly chat. There isn't a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions. 

Talk to you then!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the weekly chat everyone! I hope your 4th of July was bright and amazing! Looking forward to discussing whatever is on your mind this afternoon 🙂

The chat is now open!

Message 2 of 101
latest reply

Good afternoon Trinton and Alan. Hope you're 4th was as much fun as ours was. :-)):champagne:

Message 3 of 101
latest reply

Sellers like me recently have found that the item description was or is hidden behind a button “See Full Description Here”. Is this a test for the future? If so, please explain the reason WHY this would be a good idea and WHO is it going to benefit? I do not think buyers want to be clicking to find the description. Buyers like easy & simple.
After clearing my cache, my item descriptions went back to normal, no longer behind a button, but that does not mean buyers are not having to click the button to see the full description, if they see it.

Message 4 of 101
latest reply

Hi to Alan and Trinton.

When you are looking at someone's profile, and it says Top xxxx reviewer, it takes you to their reviews when you click on it. It used to show their reviews and guides, and I liked that version. Is there a plan to change this in the future at all?

And BTW, happy 4th to all of my fellow eBay sellers!

https://bio.link/langs
Message 5 of 101
latest reply

When is the 'See Full Description' link going to go away from the listings shown on laptops and computers?

And even if you leave it for mobile users, when is it going to show the CORRECT abbreviated description of the listing?

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

By the way - if you're still deciding on whether to attend eBay Open, we're close to selling out so be sure to sign up today! http://www.ebayopen2017.com/

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 7 of 101
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

Good afternoon Trinton and Alan. Hope you're 4th was as much fun as ours was. :-)):champagne:

Thanks, @odditiesandantiquities1. It was my first 4th living in the USA, and I had the best time. 

Message 8 of 101
latest reply

I need help. Thought I had easy problem to solve and was not going to bother you, but I have the most ridiculous week thinking I was talking to "CUSTOMER SERVICE" to solve an easy problem. Please check the email I sent. The buyer and I are not at odds, but EBay says they cannot fix it. They say they cannot let me open a case. I have no clue how to handle a return. I even had a customer service person say they would just take it out of my paypal without a written determination. The specifcs are in email to ya'll but how to fix a problem like this in general, please explain.

Texy :

P S Hi ya'll.... : )

Message 9 of 101
latest reply

Sorry Tyler....didn't see you there. Happy 4th to you too!

Message 10 of 101
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Thanks, @odditiesandantiquities1. It was my first 4th living in the USA, and I had the best time. 

I didn't know that you didn't live in the US before...you learn something new every day 🙂

https://bio.link/langs
Message 11 of 101
latest reply

Well I have come today to listen and learn. I actually had a fabulous 5 day string of sales pre and on July4th so I'm a happy gal. Cat Very Happy

Message 12 of 101
latest reply

I want to ask this question but I would apopreciate you reading all the way through so as to not assume what the post is about before replying. I am not asking about a specific transaction as this is a general security question.

My questions understands it is against eBay policy to try to conduct business off eBay with a potential buyer who started communications on the eBay site.  I am not trying to avoid anyfees or break any policies.  I am tryinf to clarify eBay polciy.

Is it possible for a potential buyer who has not purchased yet but has had eBay communications with a seller - to obtain the sellers registered eBay email address?   I want you to think about the possibilities like

• user agreement policys at different eBay country sites,
  • CS giving the buyer the info,
  • buyer submitting a request for sellers email address and eBay fulfilling the request.

Also if it is possible for a buyer to obtain this info without a purchase can you direct me and others to the policy that allows this? 

Good Luck Selling!

Message 13 of 101
latest reply

I have a Question  about Shipping to Brazil , parcels  delayed by Brazilian customs  in order to build up the VAT taxs they collect from  their people that buy .  which  Caused deliverys to take 98 days , there fore makes for easy scam buyers to defraud sellers  . 

Message 14 of 101
latest reply

Sorry Tyler....didn't see you there. Happy 4th to you too!

And to you too! Don't mind me, I'm a lurker. 😛

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 101
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: