cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, July 12th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good day Community!

Please join the Community team this afternoon at 1 PM Pacific Time for our weekly chat. No specific topic is set for this week, so feel free to bring your general questions for discussion.

See you then!

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us today - the thread is open for replies! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

UN-Enhancing the Buying Experience

Good afternoon eBay Support Team!

I Sell more than Buy but was on a thread earlier this week where Buyers were not happy with the new page layout in Search that only shows like 24-25 items instead of previously more … up to 200 items per the comments. Below are just a few threads on the subject. I suggested that these Buyers voice their concern on the Weekly Chat (1st thread on the list below) … but sadly the Weekly Chat time slot is not convenient for them and since eBay does not allow Pre-Register questions they cannot participate, though some would like to … so in an effort to Enhance their Buying Experience I am posting this …

We definitely want to keep Buyers happy so they continue to buy on eBay so perhaps the Buyer Experience Team can take another look at this recent change …

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/How-do-you-like-the-new-Ebay-search-layout/m-p/27202206#...

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Product-Discussions/can-t-choose-items-per-page/m-p/27193954#M6756

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying-Selling-Basics/Ebay-Items-Per-Page-Selection/qaq-p/27194590

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Items-per-page-pull-down-menu-gone/qaq-p/27197...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 68
latest reply

i created my first sponsered listing campaign last night. As of this morning none are showing as sponsered and they have dropped further in best match. can you please explain why this would happen. Thank you

Message 4 of 68
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I Sell more than Buy but was on a thread earlier this week where Buyers were not happy with the new page layout in Search that only shows like 24-25 items instead of previously more … up to 200 items per the comments. Below are just a few threads on the subject. I suggested that these Buyers voice their concern on the Weekly Chat (1st thread on the list below) … but sadly the Weekly Chat time slot is not convenient for them and since eBay does not allow Pre-Register questions they cannot participate, though some would like to … so in an effort to Enhance their Buying Experience I am posting this …

We definitely want to keep Buyers happy so they continue to buy on eBay so perhaps the Buyer Experience Team can take another look at this recent change …

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/How-do-you-like-the-new-Ebay-search-layout/m-p/27202206#...

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Product-Discussions/can-t-choose-items-per-page/m-p/27193954#M6756

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying-Selling-Basics/Ebay-Items-Per-Page-Selection/qaq-p/27194590

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Items-per-page-pull-down-menu-gone/qaq-p/27197...

@Thank you for compiling this info for us! I'll take a look for appropriate next steps. You are always welcome to @mention one of the Community team members if you feel our attention is needed directly on the thread 🙂

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

Greetings.

What did you do with Bob?  Did you lock him in a closet somewhere?  🙂

Seriously...is having a store one of the criteria eBay uses in determining higher or lower search placement?

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 6 of 68
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@selsa84 wrote:

i created my first sponsered listing campaign last night. As of this morning none are showing as sponsered and they have dropped further in best match. can you please explain why this would happen. Thank you

While there can be a delay of up to 24 hours for listing changes to go live, I'll be happy to look into this specific situation for you. Look out for an email from me here shortly.

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/How-do-you-like-the-new-Ebay-search-layout/m-p/27202206#M223183

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Items-per-page-pull-down-menu-gone/qaq-p/27197525

@Thank you for compiling this info for us! I'll take a look for appropriate next steps. You are always welcome to @mention one of the Community team members if you feel our attention is needed directly on the thread 🙂

@Our team is active in the Community Monday - Friday, please feel free to @mention us if there's something you'd like us to take a look at during the week. 

The Weekly Chat shouldn't be your only touchpoint with us. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

Greetings.

Seriously...is having a store one of the criteria eBay uses in determining higher or lower search placement?

Hi @llllady - having a store subscription doesn't impact your place in Best Match. If you do have a store, you can increase your visibility with Google Shopping by making sure your search engine keywords are updated! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Relative to scam messages, I'm a bit confused as to what should be done........

We get a message....."I'll pay you x amt over your asking price, just send me your pp address, etc"........

That may or may not garner the ebay bot message warning not to take a transaction off ebay.

As I understand it, we are supposed to answer, in the bot event, that we will not take the transaction off ebay........but what do we do if not caught by a bot? 

To be clear, there is no transaction/no purchase/no payment..........

Thanks

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

Also, when searching through the antique map category the refinement to show oNLY original antique maps disaapears often, and when you select original it show many reproductions.  Is the refinement (original antique) button going to go away completly and if so how does that make it easier for a buyer to find what they are looking for. when searching maps now the ratio of repros is nearly 100-1 making it very impossibletto find authentic maps.

Message 11 of 68
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@llllady wrote:

Greetings.

Hi @llllady - having a store subscription doesn't impact your place in Best Match. If you do have a store, you can increase your visibility with Google Shopping by making sure your search engine keywords are updated! 

Thanks, Tyler, but that doesn't really answer the question asked.  I'm talking about does EBAY lower your items in search, like if you don't offer 60 days returns, free shipping, use product identifiers, etc.  

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 12 of 68
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

Relative to scam messages, I'm a bit confused as to what should be done........

We get a message....."I'll pay you x amt over your asking price, just send me your pp address, etc"........

That may or may not garner the ebay bot message warning not to take a transaction off ebay.

As I understand it, we are supposed to answer, in the bot event, that we will not take the transaction off ebay........but what do we do if not caught by a bot? 

To be clear, there is no transaction/no purchase/no payment..........

Thanks

I wanted to start out by saying that responding to these kinds of offers to confirm that you will keep your sales on eBay is the best course of action should we have concerns of an off eBay sale. If you do not receive any kind of warning message from our automated filters and are looking to make sure it is reported, you can reach out to customer service to have it reviewed. Our goal is to have our filters catch any instances of off eBay sales requests, and by touching base with a customer service agent we can ensure this is not only actioned appropriately, but looked into in detail to see why it was missed by our automated process.

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

First a shout out to recognize eBay Customer Service team member "John" in Selling who went way beyond expected response in resolving a huge listing issue for me yesterday.   The man tried everything under the sun on Monday then promised to do more research and call me back.  Which he did in record time.  Result:  One HAPPY eBay Seller!!

Second a question:  I received a message this morning that some of my listings were missing item specifics and they would not be re-listed.  No information or tool link to discover which listings were referred to or how many needed to be updated or exactly what was missing.  I and some other sellers had an issue months ago where some item specifics were not being retained when listings automatically renewed.  I have about 775 active listings.   How can I easily search for those listings to correct them?  

Message 14 of 68
latest reply

Hi Alan, Trinton, Heidi, Doug, Brian, Tyler and all.

I have a question about the new push that is trying to spot "off ebay transactions" in email.

I frequently get "offers" from potential buyers that ask for a price/combination of something similar to what I am selling.  Some of the offers are quite pushy and many of them end with 'send me an invoice'

Of course, I am not about to endanger my selling account on ebay by accepting these things or sending an invoice but I am curious about one thing.  In the past, it was not allowed to send ebay sellers "best offers" unless best offer is listed in the listing.   Now it seems that I get them all the time.  Frankly, if I wanted to accept offers, I would add that to my listing.  (please no speeches about increasing sales or velocity by accepting offers)  I do not want to entertain offers and I do not want to fend off these requests and in particular I do not want to be accused of doing something untoward.  Asking me to send an invoice certainly fits the bill of wrongdoing by the buyer, in my opinion and could actually be used as a set up by ebay or a competitor.

I do not want accusatory emails by big brother ebay that picks up these attempts, particulary since they are coming from the buyers and not by me.  I also do not want these attempts at "best offers" when I do not have it listed in my ads.

I hate to ignore these emails but I also do not want to get in hot water from the "bots" or get warnings that I am doing something wrong.

what do you think?

What is the process that ebay is using to deter buyers from these types of offers

Message 15 of 68
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: