cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, May 2nd from 12:30 PDT - Retail Revival & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community! 

Join us here tomorrow from 12:30 PDT for a live video broadcast and chat hour.

We'll kick off at 12:30 PDT with a live video broadcast where we'll chat about our Retail Revival program. 

From 1-2pm, we'll have a general topics chat hour. Join The Community Team to ask your eBay buying & selling questions. 

See you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, May 2nd from 12:30 PDT - Retail Revival & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello Community, We’re about to go live with today’s video broadcast. We’ll be opening the thread for questions on general topics at the top of the hour.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

We're opening the thread for questions.

We hope you enjoyed today's live broadcast. Speaking of Retail Revival, we’ve invited those Akron sellers to this weekly chat, we’d love you to welcome them to our eBay seller community, and pass on any advice you might like to share.  You’re the experts in selling on eBay and I’m sure they’d love to hear from you! 

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

I Think I am early!

MyLittleGeneralStore
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Here is my question.  I have any number of items that are available in a multitude of colors.
Is is better to show each color on its own page, or to have the customer flip through pictures of  one listing for the items .

http://stores.ebay.com/cainlabs3d

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Hi @mylittlegeneralstore

You're right on time; the chat seems to be quieter than usual today. Do let us know if there's anything you need help with. 

Thanks! 

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

I keep getting emails with new items from my followed sellers, but I don't have any followed sellers.

I don't really care. I just ignore them. But I thought the appropriate people might like to know this is happening.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Hi Alan,

About 2 weeks ago the FedEx SmartPost calculations stopped applying the dimensional weight correctly again.  This was reported and we were told it would be addressed.  However, we have never received any feedback regarding when or if this will be fixed.

Not a big deal for me as I no longer use SmartPost, but there was no notice made to other seller's.  They may not be aware that the buyer is being undercharged since they are quoted the same estimated price and the final adjustment only appears in the next month's invoice.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 8 of 47
latest reply

alan@ebay

Good afternoon Alan. I hope you are doing well.

I have a General Topic question today. 

I would like to know why this seller is able to, and is permitted to, post listings with a banned payment method. Since this is not permitted, I would have expected these listings to be removed after they were brought to eBay's attention. This shooting star seller still has 741 listings up that do not accept a safe online payment method as eBay requires.

image.png

You can contact me for the seller's ID. Or, you can ask Brian.T. who posted on the thread after I tagged you guys. 

Since this is a shooting star seller, they really should be aware that this is not allowed. They insisted to the OP that this was an allowed payment method, and started an unpaid item case when the OP, quite understandably, refused to share their cc information with a potential scammer.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

There's a hot thread out there about a CC chargeback on a GSP sale that really needs to be reviewed for the appropriate handling.  Trinton is aware of the thread, but I think it needs handling at a higher level as it involves contractual relationships between eBay, Pitney Bowes, Paypal, the Seller and the Buyer.  Bottom line, regardless of how the money is being clawed back it should come from the GSP bucket, not the seller.

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Email notification of a sale has appeared to be MIA for a couple weeks now.  What I find odd is that I get them for any fragrance I sell, but if it is a craft pattern, supply or my beads, I do not receive the notification.  I know this has been reported and I've seen threads on the issue, but for me, it appears to be certain categories.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 47
latest reply

There is an increasing number of sellers that are listing with Local Pickup Only, but in the description state to contact them for shipping rates.  This is search manipulation and I've reported as such, but there's too few hours in the day for buyers or sellers to be expected to chase this. eBay should have a team in place that reviews sellers with multiple "local pickup only" listings to make sure they are not violating the rules.

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlqsportscards wrote:

I keep getting emails with new items from my followed sellers, but I don't have any followed sellers.

I don't really care. I just ignore them. But I thought the appropriate people might like to know this is happening.

Hi @carlqsportscards, I'd love to take a look at some of the emails you received. I will reach out to you for examples shortly!

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

Hi Alan,

About 2 weeks ago the FedEx SmartPost calculations stopped applying the dimensional weight correctly again.  This was reported and we were told it would be addressed.  However, we have never received any feedback regarding when or if this will be fixed.

Not a big deal for me as I no longer use SmartPost, but there was no notice made to other seller's.  They may not be aware that the buyer is being undercharged since they are quoted the same estimated price and the final adjustment only appears in the next month's invoice.

Hi @dtexley3, can you tag me in the specific threads you are referencing? I want to be sure that I fully understand the issue with SmartPost to get you the correct answer. Thanks! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 14 of 47
latest reply

What is the best way to clean up my business policies? We wnt thru the process with eBay at one of the meetups and I am still not able to delete or edit the policies. Would it be better to opt out and begin all over again?

MyLittleGeneralStore
Message 15 of 47
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: