cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, Mar 14th from 12:30 PDT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone,

Please join The Community Team here on Wed Mar 14th at 1 pm PDT for a one hour Q&A chat. We do not have a set topic, so please share your buying & selling questions.

We'll also be broadcasting live at 12:30 PDT with guest Brian Burke. Brian will be chatting about outreach we've done with the seller community recently through seller meetups and events across the country. 

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

[video]

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 113
latest reply
112 REPLIES 112

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The chat for the broadcast with guest Brian Burke is open.

Brian is chatting about outreach we've done with the seller community recently through seller meetups and events across the country. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 113
latest reply

Hi,   Can I get some clarification on which Arts+ Collectibles categories will be excluded from the 30 day free returns TSR Plus qualifications?  Search category drop down box, site map, and main page categories all have different umbrellas for this main category. For instance will Dolls+ Bears be included with the exclusion for the TSR Plus since that is a collectibles category? Here is a link which has more of the categories umbrellas which I think is new or newer first time I have seen this is recently. https://www.ebay.com/sch/allcategories/all-categories/?_rdc=1

Message 3 of 113
latest reply

Although it’s never happened to me, over the years there have been numerous threads on the sellers board about selling an item and days or months later eBay puts it back in the seller’s active listings (without telling the seller) and it “sells” again. But the seller doesn’t have it (since it was sold) and has to cancel the sale.

Does this result in an out of stock defect?

From what I’ve read, CS has never been very helpful in this situation.

Message 4 of 113
latest reply

I would like clarification on one point concerning free remorse returns.

Brian posted this on the PS board:

"Free returns means "free returns". That means full item price + shipping. The exception is ONLY if the item comes back in a condition other than you sent it out (e.g. dress no longer with tags, electronic item with an open box, etc.). If the item comes back as you sent it out - you must provide the buyer the item price, plus the shipping cost, that's what free returns means. Though you should send the buyer the shipping label so you control your return shipping cost."

I wanted to make sure that the original shipping cost can still be deducted from the refund per another rep on the Spring update board.  The above post doesn't mention the original shipping cost, so I just wanted to make sure.

Message 5 of 113
latest reply

I'm glad we got the 30 day free returns cleared up.

Sellers are expected to pay for buyers remorse returns or lose the 10% discount, no win just lose lose. Based on these new societal selling standards. Of which you list no businesses that use this practice, and your direct competition Amazon does not offer unless it is Amazon's fault, not a remorse reason.

So we've established you actually want to reduce the number of top rated sellers and create the standard of expecting free returns.
Message 6 of 113
latest reply

Estimated Delivery dates for packages shipped on ebay.

Could we please have a easy way to view (on ebay seller hub) the estimated delivery date of the package

The only estimate I can find is on the carrier's site when the package is accepted and on the way to the buyer.  Or after 5 clicks and view on the order details page.  (it is also available on the print label screen before you ship an item, but I want to know this information when looking at labels or sold items etc..)

And what is ebay's definition of estimated delivery? 

Websters says:

Estimate :

a : to judge tentatively or approximately the value, worth, or significance of

b : to determine roughly the size, extent, or nature of
c : to produce a statement of the approximate cost of

(according to Websters) Not ebay

And when you print a label it gives you "estimated delivery time" but on the item details page it says "expected delivery"

Second Question:

If I show 1 day handling and sell an item on Friday, the shipping date is Monday. (first business day) 

Where is ebay getting the estimated delivery date? From Friday when it sold or Monday when it is expected to ship?  And what if I ship it on Friday? Or Saturday?  Does the estimated delivery date change for the buyer?  In other words, am I expected to deliver the item before it is expected to ship?

How does this work with Guaranteed Delivery?

Third Question:

Do Weekends count in the estimated delivery time?  How are weekends counted? 

Fourth Question:

If the buyer selects a slower ground service, for example Parcel Select Ground, will the estimated delivery date be based on ground shipping?  And what if the seller upgrades the package to Priority mail shipping?   Is the seller then expected to have the package delivered faster than the original estimate?

Message 7 of 113
latest reply

Hi @deja8318, sorry we didn't get to your question in the live video, but all arts and collectible categories will be excluded from the 30 day free returns TSR Plus qualifications.

@deja8318 wrote:

Hi,   Can I get some clarification on which Arts+ Collectibles categories will be excluded from the 30 day free returns TSR Plus qualifications?  Search category drop down box, site map, and main page categories all have different umbrellas for this main category. For instance will Dolls+ Bears be included with the exclusion for the TSR Plus since that is a collectibles category? Here is a link which has more of the categories umbrellas which I think is new or newer first time I have seen this is recently. https://www.ebay.com/sch/allcategories/all-categories/?_rdc=1

Message 8 of 113
latest reply

Good afternoon eBay Support Team:

ADYEN question:

Will eBay-Adyen provide FREE CSV or Excel databases like the PayPal CSV formatted data base with programmable date ranges? Having a database is crucial to working on tax information and reporting state sales tax. The columns can be sorted by State as well as transaction type making tax info organization simple.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 113
latest reply

What’s going on with the eBay shipping supplies store? They have 5 items listed. Store owners feel cheated because they don’t have anything they need, 2 boxes, some tape, stickers & tissue paper that’s it. Are the supplies coupons going away?
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 10 of 113
latest reply

The last General Topic chat was on 2/21.  I posted a question on that thread, but did not receive an answer.  I know there was lots to deal with on that thread and I just got lost in the shuffle, no big deal.  But let me try again.

Is there a place where Ebay lists the USPS rates for First Class Parcel International as well as Priority mail?  Getting the FCP domestic is easy as Ebay like all other internet providers of postage get the Commercial rate, but FCP International is different.  That has been negotiated and Ebay usually does a good job with that negotiation.  But unless we get a sale to a given country, we can't look up or I haven't found a place to go to, to get the Ebay rate.  Please advise.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 113
latest reply

I had a buyer open an INR case.  The item was Purchased on Wednesday afternoon, shipped Thursday morning and the case was opened on Tuesday morning.    Washington To Louisiana. 

A customer support Rep told me that in order to avoid these issues, I should change my handling time. 

Does that really help?  Or does the clock start when I ship, not based on my handling time.

And second, the Rep told me that the case would close in three days if the item does not arrive.

Is that three business days?

I called to clarify and another rep told me that it would be five days.  And she counted weekends in that five days.  Surely you can't expect us to have packages delivered on the weekends?

And then I was told that the case would stay open as long as tracking showed movement.  (which it did.. it was updated each day, shipped on time)

So what is real here?   The claim said that the buyer could close in three days if the item is not delivered? Is that true and if so, it seems unreasonable to me.

1.  I can't even file for USPS to begin looking for a package until 7 days has passed.

2. The tracking showed it was in her city, just not delivered.

3.  The buyer was able to open a case in 3 business days after I shipped.

I know, my fault for not flying it out to her or choosing the wrong carrier or not shipping the second she paid or checking tracking every second and refunding her as soon as the item was a day later than the ESTIMATE.

How and why is ebay defining estimates as FACT?

Thanks

Message 12 of 113
latest reply

doug@ebay

doug@ebaywrote:

Hi @deja8318, sorry we didn't get to your question in the live video, but all arts and collectible categories will be excluded from the 30 day free returns TSR Plus qualifications.

@deja8318wrote:

Howdy Doug,

So in other words (and please confim my understanding) ... those who sell in the Arts and ANY "Collectibles" categories can maintain their TRS Plus status WITHOUT having to offer Free Returns?

Thanks,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 113
latest reply

How can eBay unilaterally change a contract? People that have 1 year store contracts will see a rate increase in May. That doesn’t seem right. Is there something in the TOS that allows such behavior?

Sorry but I’m a little unhappy these days. I don’t have a store right now but many people are complaining. EBay is going to lose sellers with this new update.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 14 of 113
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@this4chris2012 wrote:

Although it’s never happened to me, over the years there have been numerous threads on the sellers board about selling an item and days or months later eBay puts it back in the seller’s active listings (without telling the seller) and it “sells” again. But the seller doesn’t have it (since it was sold) and has to cancel the sale.

Does this result in an out of stock defect?

From what I’ve read, CS has never been very helpful in this situation.

Hi @this4chris2012, I've been discussing this with some of our Community members recently and have requested examples. In the past when this has been raised, we have not found evidence of improper relists. I would love the opportunity to take a closer look at this if I anyone has some details to share!

Message 15 of 113
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: