cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat Hour - Wed. July 18th @ 12:30 pm PDT

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join us here from 12:30 today, we'll be hosting a live video broadcast followed by a Community Chat from 1-2. 

During today's live broadcast, we'll be chatting about the 2018 SHINE Awards and eBay Open. The chat hour has no set topic, so join us to ask your eBay buying and selling related questions.

Chat with you then sunglasses

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us, the thread is now open for replies. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Just for the record (in case it's technical on your end), the video was so tetchy, it was unviewable.  I finally just closed the thread altogether, it was so laggy.  Haven't had trouble with anything else, so ........

~M

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

I hope everyone's summer is going well.  We are having beautiful weather here.  I do LOVE the Pacific NorthWest for so many reasons.

I noticed this morning that we are now receiving a new email when a sale happens.  It is titled Ebay Store Inventory Sold: then a description of the product sold.  But I am also receiving the normal email that has been around for awhile.  Fluke or temporary?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 4 of 52
latest reply

When will more / any details about the upcoming switch to Adyen be available?  We're now on the tail end of July.

(I have a lot more questions, but they don't vary much from many other sellers are already asking.)

~M

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

Hi @terrycanarsky, thanks for the feedback, we'll look into it.

What browser are you using and what platform are you on?

@terrycanarsky wrote:

Just for the record (in case it's technical on your end), the video was so tetchy, it was unviewable.  I finally just closed the thread altogether, it was so laggy.  Haven't had trouble with anything else, so ........

~M

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Firefox ... desktop computer

~M

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

Is there anywhere we can go to request or ask to be part of the Beta testing for the New Ebay Payment Process / Ayden?  I would really like to be part of that.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@terrycanarsky wrote:

When will more / any details about the upcoming switch to Adyen be available?  We're now on the tail end of July.

(I have a lot more questions, but they don't vary much from many other sellers are already asking.)

~M

Hi @terrycanarsky - we don't have specific details other than what we have available here. Since this is a multi-year transition there will be more information shared as it continues to develop.

We've already reached out to a small group of sellers to help us start the journey, and we anticipate a lot more discussion about payments to be happening next week at eBay Open, so stay tuned!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 52
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I hope everyone's summer is going well.  We are having beautiful weather here.  I do LOVE the Pacific NorthWest for so many reasons.

I noticed this morning that we are now receiving a new email when a sale happens.  It is titled Ebay Store Inventory Sold: then a description of the product sold.  But I am also receiving the normal email that has been around for awhile.  Fluke or temporary?

Hi @mam98031 - so jealous of your weather, send some my way (it's roasting out here)!

I haven't seen specifics of this email. Sounds like it could be a test, but I'd like to get more detail. I'll reach out to you offline to get more info. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 52
latest reply

The new shipping label set up is lacking.

The new shipping label that is being offered as an option now, and apparently by the end of the summer, will be shoved down our throats, no longer be optional (as in present process will be gone) is lacking an option that is currently available.

The ability to:

Ship from another Zip code.

Sellers currently have that option. The new form appears to only allow you to change the return address.
That is not helpful when only the ship from needs to be changed.

Shipping from a Zip code other than the return address may be needed when shipping from at a different Post Office:

1) because the return address Post Office is not open at the time/day shipping is being done, requiring shipping from an alternate location to meet handling time requirements/buyer expectations. Employees have been known to become testy when the proper "ship from" zip is not used. They feel they may not get credit at that office workwise/financial creditwise.

I often ship from different nearby Zip codes if I am going someplace, have several packages, or a large package to make things easier on my carrier. The cost of shipping is the same, as my locations when doing this, are within 40 miles of the return/normal "ship from".

2) because a seller may have a late day sale when they are leaving for vacation/emergency requiring them to take the item with them to be shipped. They may be hundreds of miles away ( flying/driving from Ohio to North Carolina in the middle of the night) resulting in incorrect shipping charges due to being in a different Zip Zone. The charge could be higher, or lower. Shipping from cost determines the amount of postage required. The buyer could be faced with a "postage due" resulting in an unhappy buyer.. The seller could get a charge from the Postal Verification checking along the way.

3) because the return address where the seller wants an item to go may not be the same address that it is shipped from. (ship from properly disclosed in the listing) Shipping from cost determines the amount of postage required.

This is the current option.  Ship from not there on the new label form.

new shipping label 3.jpg

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Hi @mam98031 - so jealous of your weather, send some my way (it's roasting out here)!

I haven't seen specifics of this email. Sounds like it could be a test, but I'd like to get more detail. I'll reach out to you offline to get more info. Thanks!

Well I suppose that depends on your definition of roasting.  We are quite warm here.  Two days this week were a little over 100.  A couple were in the high 90's.  Now wer are in the high 80's and it is gorgeous out there.  Well except for the fire danger now.  Lots of trees and no water in site.

Thank you, I found the email interesting.  

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Is there anywhere we can go to request or ask to be part of the Beta testing for the New Ebay Payment Process / Ayden?  I would really like to be part of that.

Hi @mam98031, we don't have any specific details about opt-in options aside from the small group of sellers that have already received an email about managed payments from us. The best thing to do for now is to keep on eye on this page for updates as we move forward! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 13 of 52
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

The new shipping label set up is lacking.

The new shipping label that is being offered as an option now, and apparently by the end of the summer, will be shoved down our throats, no longer be optional (as in present process will be gone) is lacking an option that is currently available.

The ability to:

Ship from another Zip code.

Sellers currently have that option. The new form appears to only allow you to change the return address.
That is not helpful when only the ship from needs to be changed.

Shipping from a Zip code other than the return address may be needed when shipping from at a different Post Office:

1) because the return address Post Office is not open at the time/day shipping is being done, requiring shipping from an alternate location to meet handling time requirements/buyer expectations. Employees have been known to become testy when the proper "ship from" zip is not used. They feel they may not get credit at that office workwise/financial creditwise.

I often ship from different nearby Zip codes if I am going someplace, have several packages, or a large package to make things easier on my carrier. The cost of shipping is the same, as my locations when doing this, are within 40 miles of the return/normal "ship from".

2) because a seller may have a late day sale when they are leaving for vacation/emergency requiring them to take the item with them to be shipped. They may be hundreds of miles away ( flying/driving from Ohio to North Carolina in the middle of the night) resulting in incorrect shipping charges due to being in a different Zip Zone. The charge could be higher, or lower. Shipping from cost determines the amount of postage required. The buyer could be faced with a "postage due" resulting in an unhappy buyer.. The seller could get a charge from the Postal Verification checking along the way.

3) because the return address where the seller wants an item to go may not be the same address that it is shipped from. (ship from properly disclosed in the listing) Shipping from cost determines the amount of postage required.

This is the current option.  Ship from not there on the new label form.

new shipping label 3.jpg

Hi @buyselljack2016 - thanks for this feedback and for a few of the scenarios you could see this feature being useful. I'll make sure it gets to the shipping label team and update this thread if I hear back any workarounds.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I am one of the "chosen few" being offered the chance to partake first when it rolls out in September. Wish I could give you my "offer". I will not "opt in".

Message 15 of 52
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: