cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, Apr 25th from 12:30 PDT - eBay Open & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello, 

Join us here today from 12:30 PDT. We'll start with a live video broadcast featuring our Events Manager, Jessie. Jessie will be chatting about eBay Open 2018, and she'll be taking questions live. 

From 1-2pm, we'll have a general topics chat hour. Join The Community Team to ask your eBay trading questions. 

See you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, Apr 25th from 12:30 PDT - eBay Open & General Topics

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Here is today's broadcast on eBay Open 2018:

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

The thread is now open for replies. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

Just stopped in to say HI! 😀

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 4 of 46
latest reply

I was doing my shipping this morning and one of my sales was to Puerto Rico.  Ebay has this labeled as an international sale.  Why?

In Ebay I can not print a shipping label to Puerto Rico, the rate is shows if fine, but the "continue" button is not active and therefore I can not print / create the label.

I then went to PP to print the label and I can't do it there either.  It says "Select Country Not Supported".

Help!!  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

Re:  FEEDBACK

I sell cosmetics on eBay.  I see many neutral and negative feedback comments reflecting the buyer’s unhappiness with the performance of certain products.  The comments range from “The color shown is not the same color as the item I received”, “I purchased for my mother who dislikes shimmery lipsticks”, and “Item didn’t work”. 

Why are buyers allowed to leave what are obviously PRODUCT REVIEWS instead of feedback comments regarding the actual performance of the seller? 

The issue regarding color will never be resolved as long as everyone’s computer monitor is calibrated differently.  The other two examples are PRODUCT REVIEWS.  

Is there some way to encourage buyers to leave feedback reflecting the seller’s performance, rather than comments about their displeasure with the product itself?  If that is not possible, can these feedback comments be removed?  It is not fair to hold sellers accountable (and punish them) for buyer’s opinion of the product. 

Also, I think NO neutral or negative feedback should be permitted until the buyer and seller first discuss the situation.  The seller should be allowed the opportunity to resolve the problem, thereby possibly avoiding a neutral or negative.  Most sellers agree that they would be willing to work with the buyer BEFORE the dreaded feedback is recorded.

Thank you for your consideration.

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

I need a little clarification on this Community rule.

Do not advertise items, listings, services, or commercial websites, including offers to trade, "wanted" posts, petitions or solicitations. Members are not permitted to tell others to stop selling on eBay or to leave eBay for any reason to include naming or posting links to off-eBay sites, groups or forums, for more information, click here.  For more information about our Want Ads and Trades policy, click here

Is this telling us that we are not allowed to post words like Amazon, Etsy, Stamps.com, etc.  Or is it saying I'm not allowed to post links to these other sites?

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I was doing my shipping this morning and one of my sales was to Puerto Rico.  Ebay has this labeled as an international sale.  Why?

In Ebay I can not print a shipping label to Puerto Rico, the rate is shows if fine, but the "continue" button is not active and therefore I can not print / create the label.

I then went to PP to print the label and I can't do it there either.  It says "Select Country Not Supported".

Help!!  

Hi @mam98031! There isn't an official reason why you'd run into an issue in printing a label for Puerto Rico, but check the buyer's input address. In many cases I've seen that a city name or state abbreviation can be input twice in a field, and once removed the label process reverifies and allows you to proceed. 

If you run into troubles still will you tag me in a thread and I'll see what more troubleshooting we can do! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 46
latest reply

We are confused on this Free Returns program:

If a buyer buys a item for $2.00 with $1.00 shipping for a total of $3.00 then requests a return will they be refunded the original $1.00 for shipping? No case just a regular return.

If so it seems like buyers would be able to purchase and return without any out of pocket expense. Kinda like renting or borrrowing a item.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

If a member is banned from posting on the boards, are they still able to access The Ebay Community to read announcements or the knowledge base?

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Do not advertise items, listings, services, or commercial websites, including offers to trade, "wanted" posts, petitions or solicitations. Members are not permitted to tell others to stop selling on eBay or to leave eBay for any reason to include naming or posting links to off-eBay sites, groups or forums, for more information, click here.  For more information about our Want Ads and Trades policy, click here

Is this telling us that we are not allowed to post words like Amazon, Etsy, Stamps.com, etc.  Or is it saying I'm not allowed to post links to these other sites?

Hi @mam98031, I noticed that this question came up in another thread today. I very recently replied in that thread with more clarity on this Community guideline and you can view it here

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 46
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Help!!  

Hi @mam98031! There isn't an official reason why you'd run into an issue in printing a label for Puerto Rico, but check the buyer's input address. In many cases I've seen that a city name or state abbreviation can be input twice in a field, and once removed the label process reverifies and allows you to proceed. 

If you run into troubles still will you tag me in a thread and I'll see what more troubleshooting we can do! 

Well that worked, thank you.  You are correct, they had PR in their twice which messed things up.  

BUT, Ebay is still considering it an International Sale and therefore requiring custom forms.  Why?

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

I need clarification on something.
I see people all the time in Facebook groups that say “I sold a widget & cant find it what do I do?”. I tell them to cancel & take the defect but I often get nasty comments cause others tell the poster to “get” the buyer to cancel to avoid defects. This is wrong & dishonest right?
I’m right that they should not “trick” the buyer into canceling to save their own behind?
It’s a problem & id like to be able to say per eBay cancel & take the defect. Thank you!
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Hi @mam98031, I noticed that this question came up in another thread today. I very recently replied in that thread with more clarity on this Community guideline and you can view it here

Thank you, that was very helpful.  So that I'm clear, it is ok to uses these other sites names as long as we aren't posting links or encouraging others to take their sales to those other sites.

So if I'm discussing something on a thread, I won't get in trouble for merely mentioning Etsy or Amazon.  Nothing more, just mentioning.

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

The Seller Hub thread is an absolute mess with non Hub related posts again.

When can it be cleaned up and kept clean and on topic?

Is that your job or Lithiums, as no one seems to be doing it?

Message 15 of 46
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: