cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 6th from 12:30 PDT - Seller Diversity & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, 

Please join us here from 12:30 PDT today for a live video broadcast with @dmholl1ns on the topic of Seller Diversity at eBay, followed by a General Topics Community Chat from 1-2pm PDT. 

Chat with you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 6th from 12:30 PDT - Seller Diversity & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The thread is open for replies. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 59
latest reply

Every time I listed a new item in the last 3 days,  I get a notice that it doesn't qualify for TRS+. I haven't changed any of my settings. What gives?

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

When I do a search, the default filter is Best Match, which I never, ever want. Is there any way to set the default to Price and Shipping Lowest First? If not, could that request be made to the PTB?

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Are you offering free return shipping? If not, your listings will no longer qualify.
Message 5 of 59
latest reply

The new storefronts are sorely lacking in functionality.  I don't understand why once again eBay has pushed out an updated feature before it's ready (for example Seller Hub, 1yr later, still waiting).

The search has several issues

1.  It was moved and many users have difficulty finding it because it's in the place where the site search USED to be.   Why did it need to be moved?  How does it enhance the buyer experience to have to spend time figuring out what happened to the search box?
  2. Once you find the search box and search for an item, if you add refinements to further limit results your search is then switched to all items, not limited to the store unless you notice that your search location was changed.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Say-goodbye-to-your-custom-store-design/m-p/28570...
  3. Searching for specific terms is inconsitent in returning the full results from the store.  Sometimes all matching items are returned, other times only some of the items are returned.  Multiple posts exist regarding this.

Featured Items are gone.  This was a nice way to highlight the types of items you are offering and did (at least for me) help make sales.

Promotions and sales aren't listed.  Previously there were links to show the items on sale or with promotions attached, they are gone.  These features helped drive multiple item purchases.  Orders for more than one item have almost ceased after the change.

I'm sure others have their specific issues, but these are the ones that affect me the most.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 59
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

When I do a search, the default filter is Best Match, which I never, ever want. Is there any way to set the default to Price and Shipping Lowest First? If not, could that request be made to the PTB?

Hi @vrykalak, there is not an option to change Best Match as the search default. I'm happy to pass your suggestion to the team!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 59
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Every time I listed a new item in the last 3 days,  I get a notice that it doesn't qualify for TRS+. I haven't changed any of my settings. What gives?

@vrykalak - if your account is Top Rated the items should qualify for Top Rated Plus if they offer same or one business day handling and a 30 day or longer money back return option.

If your items are meeting those requirements but you're still getting notices that they don't qualify please consider contacting CS so they can help get to the bottom of what's going on. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 59
latest reply

Sorry brian@ebay.  @vrykalak Next to the search button click Advanced.  Go to the bottom and set the default Sort By to the your preference.  Easy Peasy.

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

@vrykalak - if your account is Top Rated the items should qualify for Top Rated Plus if they offer same or one business day handling and a 30 day or longer money back return option.

If your items are meeting those requirements but you're still getting notices that they don't qualify please consider contacting CS so they can help get to the bottom of what's going on. Thanks!

Ok, I'm confused, I thought we also had to offer free returns for TRS+?

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

The new storefronts are sorely lacking in functionality.  I don't understand why once again eBay has pushed out an updated feature before it's ready (for example Seller Hub, 1yr later, still waiting).

The search has several issues

1.  It was moved and many users have difficulty finding it because it's in the place where the site search USED to be.   Why did it need to be moved?  How does it enhance the buyer experience to have to spend time figuring out what happened to the search box?
  2. Once you find the search box and search for an item, if you add refinements to further limit results your search is then switched to all items, not limited to the store unless you notice that your search location was changed.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Say-goodbye-to-your-custom-store-design/m-p/28570...
  3. Searching for specific terms is inconsitent in returning the full results from the store.  Sometimes all matching items are returned, other times only some of the items are returned.  Multiple posts exist regarding this.

Featured Items are gone.  This was a nice way to highlight the types of items you are offering and did (at least for me) help make sales.

Promotions and sales aren't listed.  Previously there were links to show the items on sale or with promotions attached, they are gone.  These features helped drive multiple item purchases.  Orders for more than one item have almost ceased after the change.

I'm sure others have their specific issues, but these are the ones that affect me the most.

Hi @dtexley3,

Thanks for the feedback on all this, I appreciate it. We'll share it with the Stores team for their consideration. There are functionality updates coming to Stores over the next few months, keep an eye out for more info. 

Thank you! 

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

Sorry brian@ebay.  @vrykalak Next to the search button click Advanced.  Go to the bottom and set the default Sort By to the your preference.  Easy Peasy.

Yes, I know that. And I do it at least once every day...more than once if the computer has been asleep and I wake it up to search for something. But I wish I could reset the default so I don't have to select it specifically every day.

Message 12 of 59
latest reply

Wouldn't be a better idea to NOT roll stuff out like the new store layout until all the "functionality" was already in place?

You've basically just replaced something useful with something that's not.

It doesn't even show expanded categories on the LH side anymore

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

FedEx SmartPost is broken again.  We have an ongoing thread in the Technical Issues that has not had any eBay input for quite some time.  I no longer use SmartPost (cost prohibitive) but that doesn't change the fact that it's undercharging the buyer at purchase and the seller when purchasing the label.  The seller doesn't know they were undercharged until their invoice arrives and then only if they check.

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Yes, I know that. And I do it at least once every day...more than once if the computer has been asleep and I wake it up to search for something. But I wish I could reset the default so I don't have to select it specifically every day.

When you do one of your searches using the search bar up top then check over on the right and see if you can open a window that lets you Customize. I have mine set to Newly Listed.

Message 15 of 59
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: