cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 20th from 12:30 PDT - eBay Guaranteed Delivery Performance Requirements

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join us here on Wed Jun 20th for a live video broadcast on the topic of eBay Guaranteed Delivery Performance Requirements with Greg Ross-Smith from 12:30 pm - 12:50 pm. Greg will also host a one hour Community Q&A chat from 1-2 pm on the same topic.

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive, off-topic & disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 20th from 12:30 PDT - eBay Guaranteed Delivery Performance Requirements

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

The thread is open for replies. Let us know if you have any questions regarding eBay Guaranteed Delivery. 

Thanks. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

It seems like my Fixed Price listings qualify for Guaranteed Delivery, but my auction listings do not. ?.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Here's a reason I opted OUT of GD (by changing my handling time to 2 days).

Buyer paid for an item on 6/19, so with 2 day handling it's showing I have to ship this FCP item on the 21st. So far so good. So being the good little seller I am, I go today (a day early because I'm so used to 1 day shipping) to ship my parcel off and what do I see on the new (and vastly unimproved btw) shipping label page?

Why a little note that says "your buyer is expecting this to be delivered by the 23rd".......excuse me?

I REALLY wish eBay would show the seller's handling time on the listing, not just their pie in the sky ESTIMATED delivery date.

But hey, look on the bright side, I saved you some money by not being in GD because no WAY that is going to be there FCP by Sat.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

One of the criteria for GD is they have to be IPR (lord knows why) so auctions don't qualify

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

It seems like my Fixed Price listings qualify for Guaranteed Delivery, but my auction listings do not. ?.

Hi Vrykalak - currently auctions are not included in guaranteed, only fixed price, as you are seeing. But we are looking at whether buyers would want or see value in a guarantee on an item when they still need to wait for auction to end. 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
One of the criteria for GD is they have to be IPR (lord knows why) so auctions don't qualify

Immediate Pay is no longer a requirement to qualify a listing for guaranteed. Neither is returns.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:

Actually, I want to turn off IPR. I want people to be able to buy more than one item, and IPR makes that pretty much impossible. How do I turn it off?

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

@greg_shipping wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Hi Vrykalak - currently auctions are not included in guaranteed, only fixed price, as you are seeing. But we are looking at whether buyers would want or see value in a guarantee on an item when they still need to wait for auction to end. 

1. Most auctions--including all of mine--also have a BIN price...no waiting.
2.Whether auction or fixed price, delivery can't be guaranteed until the item is shipped, and the item can't be shipped until the buyer pays, so what difference does it make which type of listing it is?

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

PROBLEM WITH SHIPPING CALCULATOR - Continued 4th week ?

We are still getting questions from buyers asking us for shipping cost for multiple items since the shipping calculator has been broken now for its forth week.  Not sure how many message we are not getting because buyers will simply move on to another page or website but it would be nice to get this fixed soon so we can continue selling multiple quantity items that have a shipping cost.  

Any updates as to when this problem will be resolved ?

Thanks

Rick

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Here's a reason I opted OUT of GD (by changing my handling time to 2 days).

Buyer paid for an item on 6/19, so with 2 day handling it's showing I have to ship this FCP item on the 21st. So far so good. So being the good little seller I am, I go today (a day early because I'm so used to 1 day shipping) to ship my parcel off and what do I see on the new (and vastly unimproved btw) shipping label page?

Why a little note that says "your buyer is expecting this to be delivered by the 23rd".......excuse me?

I REALLY wish eBay would show the seller's handling time on the listing, not just their pie in the sky ESTIMATED delivery date.

But hey, look on the bright side, I saved you some money by not being in GD because no WAY that is going to be there FCP by Sat.

For GD, your stated handling time is suppose to be 0-1 days.  So if your listing has a 2 day handling time, it shouldn't qualify for GD.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-guaranteed-delivery.html

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

@greg_shipping wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

2.Whether auction or fixed price, delivery can't be guaranteed until the item is shipped, and the item can't be shipped until the buyer pays, so what difference does it make which type of listing it is?

3. I always provide at least two shipping options: one fast, and one cheap.
Which one does eBay base the GD # on?

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

@greg_shipping wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

3. I always provide at least two shipping options: one fast, and one cheap.
Which one does eBay base the GD # on?

Great. If the buyer has searched specifically for GD items - then the cheapest ship option that can be delivered within the guaranteed delivery time is shown. If the buyer is not searching for GD then its still the default (i assume your cheap / free option) that shows to buyers.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

@mendelsons wrote:

PROBLEM WITH SHIPPING CALCULATOR - Continued 4th week ?

We are still getting questions from buyers asking us for shipping cost for multiple items since the shipping calculator has been broken now for its forth week.  Not sure how many message we are not getting because buyers will simply move on to another page or website but it would be nice to get this fixed soon so we can continue selling multiple quantity items that have a shipping cost.  

Any updates as to when this problem will be resolved ?

Thanks

Rick

Hi @mendelsons

It's a known issue that we're working to fix. I don't have an ETA at the moment. 

Sorry about that! 

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:

Actually, I want to turn off IPR. I want people to be able to buy more than one item, and IPR makes that pretty much impossible. How do I turn it off?

Hi vrykalak, you can turn off IPR by editing the listing & unchecking the Require IP with Buy it Now option ( shown in payment options). 

Message 15 of 29
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: