cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Sept 6th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community,

Please join us here for our weekly Community chat at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 9/6. There's no set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions.

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The thread is now open...

Message 2 of 95
latest reply

I am one of the sellers who got shoved into Seller Hub (weeks ago). I still hate it as much as I did on day one. Two questions:

1) Based on last week’s chat, please reconfirm the requirements to opt out of SH. I would have to cancel my store subscriptions, true?

2) How do I get rid of the three totally worthless, distracting, irritating, useless blocks of graphs, charts, whatever that dominate the very center of My eBay page? They are:

Sales

Sales (last 31 days) and

Feedback

Thanks.

Message 3 of 95
latest reply

Good afternoon eBay Team,

Last Friday I was put in Seller Hub. I decided beforehand NOT to opt out and simply learn it. From posts others made in the last two weeks and notes I took in 10 minutes I had the home page customized and the navigation down to know where to go for the things I need. It has some real potential and some of the shortcuts are nice, but it still needs a fair amount of work before I would put a good stamp of approval on it. Below are some things that really need to be looked at. I am hoping to get this post up before heading out for a late day appointment, not returning before the Weekly Chat closes …

Cart issue: I purchased an item on the 4th … the “1” is still showing in the cart … item paid for and $$ long gone to Seller. When you click on the cart to see what’s there the next window (pic below) says “Your cart is empty but doesn’t have to be.” Seriously? This is a pretty bush league sales ploy and I am certainly not inspired by it to go on a shopping spree and honestly, am a little offended by it. Doing this once, okay, but days later the “1” is still there. This whole sales tactic should be deleted and eliminated.

Guaranteed Delivery: almost every time I go to Seller Hub home page the Guaranteed Delivery banner appears … I have hit the “X” over on the right more times than I care to count and it keeps coming back. That banner, once deleted should NOT appear again. I know where to sign up for Guaranteed Delivery if I decide I want that feature. Pic below

Tile size and customization: There is simply too much white space or wasted space on the home page, however you care to describe it. Either eBay or the User needs to be able to make the “tiles” smaller and eliminate the white space in ones like Shortcuts, Selling Tools, Listings, Orders, etc. This would allow more tiles to be visible and cut out the constant scrolling required. The Customization tool in the Shortcuts tile does NOT work, I tried adding URLs from other places in SH and the site but they will not upload. If there are specific directions on how to use this then supply them on that tool when you click. Personally, I think ALL the tiles should be customizable so Sellers can configure Seller Hub to best suit and support their sales efforts. Would it make sense to be able to combine the Selling Tool and Shortcuts tiles in to one and allow the tile to be two columns wide? Pic below

Relisting page: The Classic format is narrower and uses bright blue Relist buttons over on the right, the newer layout does NOT and is wider forcing back and forth eye movement and the chance of making relisting mistakes. I tried moving the Status column to the left but you can’t so if you could at least add color to the status block that would be helpful. The Views column in the newer format is NOT sortable, it needs to be, sorting by Lowest View is a great way to see what is getting little to no attention and sorting by highest count shows what is being seen a lot. Pic below.

Can you please add a link to The Community on all the seller Hub pages?

CART issueGuaranteed Delivery issueWasted space issueRelisting format issue

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 95
latest reply

Hi, I brought this up back in February but never got a reply so I'm going to try again.

When creating a listing in kids' clothing, sizes in item specifics can be regular, slim or plus in girl's or regular, slim or husky in boy's. For example girl's 10, 10 slim or 10 plus. But when you search using category and item specifics, the only choice is the regular size.

Furthermore, today I realized if you create a listing using slim, plus or husky, it does not come up under the category/specifics search. For example, my listing for boy's French Toast school uniform shorts size 14 husky does not come up under size 14 nor does it come up under size "not specified". 

How in the world do we expect buyers to find our items? The only way I see is to list a 14 Husky under 14 and let the buyer wade through hundreds of listings to find the right size. Also, if Husky, Slim or Plus are not searchable item specifics, they should be eliminated from the size options when creating a listing. 

Is the department that can address this problem aware of the situation, and, if not, can you bring it to light?

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~ Author Unknown
Message 5 of 95
latest reply

Something new to report and it appears to be connected to the Seller Hub.  I've actually been using the Hub for a few months.  But starting last week, I can no longer enter a tracking number if I go directly into the listing to do so.  I must go through the Seller Hub to enter the tracking number.  Why would Ebay make this change.

On top of that, the error message is really bizarre, it is beyond not making sense, it is just extremely ODD to say the least.  This is exactly what it says on the screen if I try to enter a tracking number directly from the actual listing.

The page was supplied with an invalid link to return to after saving or cancelling. Please return to a page managed by eBay and come to this site via the eBay page. The save button and the cancel link below will not work now.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 6 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@this4chris2012 wrote:

I am one of the sellers who got shoved into Seller Hub (weeks ago). I still hate it as much as I did on day one. Two questions:

1) Based on last week’s chat, please reconfirm the requirements to opt out of SH. I would have to cancel my store subscriptions, true?

2) How do I get rid of the three totally worthless, distracting, irritating, useless blocks of graphs, charts, whatever that dominate the very center of My eBay page? They are:

Sales

Sales (last 31 days) and

Feedback

Thanks.

Hey @this4chris2012, we understand that adapting to a new tool can be a daunting task at times and are here to help you navigate. We aren't able to provide you with steps to opt out as the removal of the opt out button was an intentional choice we made and if you were to be removed from Seller Hub at this point you would loose access to important site functions.

As for your question about the information displayed, you can select customize from the upper right corner of the Seller Hub landing page to adjust the displayed boxes, as pictured below:

customize.JPG

You can remove and rearrange information on this page as you see fit. I also wanted to encourage you to explore the data being shared with you to learn more about which listings are giving you the most traffic so you can further grow your business.

Message 7 of 95
latest reply

Here is another one for you.  It is even more disturbing.  I received the following email from Ebay moments before the Chat started.

We noticed that your listings include contact information. We want to let you know that starting October 2017, you’ll no longer be allowed to share contact information on item descriptions, images, or eBay stores. To help you communicate with buyers, we’ve launched a new feature that allows them to call you after your sale. It’s available in your account settings under "Manage your Q&A with Buyers," and allows your listings to stay compliant with our policy update.

You can update your settings by going to Manage your Q&A for Buyers.
1. Check “Have your phone number” and enter your number.
2. Click Submit.

Be sure to take advantage of this new feature, which will give you an easy, secure way to communicate with your buyers once their sale is complete.

If you have any non-compliant listings, we'll let you know through email, My eBay Messages, and Seller Hub.

All transactions must start and finish on eBay, which makes our platform even safer for buyers and sellers. Read more about our contact information policy.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Now the strange thing is that I do not nor have I ever had "contact" info in my listings.  The ONLY thing this could possibly be referring to is in some of my listings I have a link to my Ebay Store.

Now is it that Ebay can't tell the link is to an Ebay store and plans on penalizing me if I don't go find them and fix them or what?????

Message 8 of 95
latest reply

Something that came up a couple of weeks ago:
"one of my listings had had it's description condensed into a single paragraph and everything was all jumbled together. I was able to fix it by revising the listing, and I didn't see any other of my listings do that but I also haven't been able to go through every one of them yet.
It seems to be an isolated incident from what I can see, have you ever heard of this and/or has this ever been reported that you know of and if so can you pass this along as a possible glitch?"

This has happened to me several times. I don't find out about it until I want to change something before relisting the item, or when I try to Sell Similar. 

Somehow, when I put in nicely formatted HTML...and saw the aforesaid elegant Description when I first listed the item...the tab at the top labeled my formatted Description as HTML...and therefore removed all formatting. The result is that my beautiful listing gets jumbled into a single paragraph of plain text.

It only happens maybe once in 100 listings/relistings, but it shouldn't happen at all. 
Every time I call in about it, the agent says this has never happened before, and it must be my fault.
Now that someone else has experienced and reported the same thing, it's time for eBay to fix it!

Message 9 of 95
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Team,

Last Friday I was put in Seller Hub. I decided beforehand NOT to opt out and simply learn it. From posts others made in the last two weeks and notes I took in 10 minutes I had the home page customized and the navigation down to know where to go for the things I need. It has some real potential and some of the shortcuts are nice, but it still needs a fair amount of work before I would put a good stamp of approval on it. Below are some things that really need to be looked at. I am hoping to get this post up before heading out for a late day appointment, not returning before the Weekly Chat closes …

Cart issue: I purchased an item on the 4th … the “1” is still showing in the cart … item paid for and $$ long gone to Seller. When you click on the cart to see what’s there the next window (pic below) says “Your cart is empty but doesn’t have to be.” Seriously? This is a pretty bush league sales ploy and I am certainly not inspired by it to go on a shopping spree and honestly, am a little offended by it. Doing this once, okay, but days later the “1” is still there. This whole sales tactic should be deleted and eliminated.

Guaranteed Delivery: almost every time I go to Seller Hub home page the Guaranteed Delivery banner appears … I have hit the “X” over on the right more times than I care to count and it keeps coming back. That banner, once deleted should NOT appear again. I know where to sign up for Guaranteed Delivery if I decide I want that feature. Pic below

Tile size and customization: There is simply too much white space or wasted space on the home page, however you care to describe it. Either eBay or the User needs to be able to make the “tiles” smaller and eliminate the white space in ones like Shortcuts, Selling Tools, Listings, Orders, etc. This would allow more tiles to be visible and cut out the constant scrolling required. The Customization tool in the Shortcuts tile does NOT work, I tried adding URLs from other places in SH and the site but they will not upload. If there are specific directions on how to use this then supply them on that tool when you click. Personally, I think ALL the tiles should be customizable so Sellers can configure Seller Hub to best suit and support their sales efforts. Would it make sense to be able to combine the Selling Tool and Shortcuts tiles in to one and allow the tile to be two columns wide? Pic below

Relisting page: The Classic format is narrower and uses bright blue Relist buttons over on the right, the newer layout does NOT and is wider forcing back and forth eye movement and the chance of making relisting mistakes. I tried moving the Status column to the left but you can’t so if you could at least add color to the status block that would be helpful. The Views column in the newer format is NOT sortable, it needs to be, sorting by Lowest View is a great way to see what is getting little to no attention and sorting by highest count shows what is being seen a lot. Pic below.

Can you please add a link to The Community on all the seller Hub pages?

CART issueGuaranteed Delivery issueWasted space issueRelisting format issue

Hi @mr_lincoln - thanks for these well thought out suggestions and images! I feel the cart issue may have more to do with cached data hanging around somewhere than an intentional sales tactic, but I am not an expert and will get it reported. 

You can also share this feedback directly with the dev team by using the 'Comments?' link in the upper right corner. Sometimes getting a suggestion in from my end and yours helps drive change faster. 

Hope your appointment goes well! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 95
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Something that came up a couple of weeks ago:
"one of my listings had had it's description condensed into a single paragraph and everything was all jumbled together. I was able to fix it by revising the listing, and I didn't see any other of my listings do that but I also haven't been able to go through every one of them yet.
It seems to be an isolated incident from what I can see, have you ever heard of this and/or has this ever been reported that you know of and if so can you pass this along as a possible glitch?"

This has happened to me several times. I don't find out about it until I want to change something before relisting the item, or when I try to Sell Similar. 

Somehow, when I put in nicely formatted HTML...and saw the aforesaid elegant Description when I first listed the item...the tab at the top labeled my formatted Description as HTML...and therefore removed all formatting. The result is that my beautiful listing gets jumbled into a single paragraph of plain text.

It only happens maybe once in 100 listings/relistings, but it shouldn't happen at all. 
Every time I call in about it, the agent says this has never happened before, and it must be my fault.
Now that someone else has experienced and reported the same thing, it's time for eBay to fix it!

I too have had this issue on several listings so far, but I have not even come close to looking at them all.  For me this issue came to my attention a month or two ago.

Message 11 of 95
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Something new to report and it appears to be connected to the Seller Hub.  I've actually been using the Hub for a few months.  But starting last week, I can no longer enter a tracking number if I go directly into the listing to do so.  I must go through the Seller Hub to enter the tracking number.  Why would Ebay make this change.

On top of that, the error message is really bizarre, it is beyond not making sense, it is just extremely ODD to say the least.  This is exactly what it says on the screen if I try to enter a tracking number directly from the actual listing.

The page was supplied with an invalid link to return to after saving or cancelling. Please return to a page managed by eBay and come to this site via the eBay page. The save button and the cancel link below will not work now.

Hi @mam98031 - I'm not certain this is an intentional change, we have several other reports of this from other members. I'll reach out to you for an example and work with our tech team contacts to see what we can do to get this resolved. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lexismah wrote:

Hi, I brought this up back in February but never got a reply so I'm going to try again.

When creating a listing in kids' clothing, sizes in item specifics can be regular, slim or plus in girl's or regular, slim or husky in boy's. For example girl's 10, 10 slim or 10 plus. But when you search using category and item specifics, the only choice is the regular size.

Furthermore, today I realized if you create a listing using slim, plus or husky, it does not come up under the category/specifics search. For example, my listing for boy's French Toast school uniform shorts size 14 husky does not come up under size 14 nor does it come up under size "not specified". 

How in the world do we expect buyers to find our items? The only way I see is to list a 14 Husky under 14 and let the buyer wade through hundreds of listings to find the right size. Also, if Husky, Slim or Plus are not searchable item specifics, they should be eliminated from the size options when creating a listing. 

Is the department that can address this problem aware of the situation, and, if not, can you bring it to light?

Hey @lexismah, this is a great callout! I am going to email you for some specific examples so I can write up a suggestion to the appropriate teams, so keep an eye out for this message 🙂

Message 13 of 95
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Hi @mam98031 - I'm not certain this is an intentional change, we have several other reports of this from other members. I'll reach out to you for an example and work with our tech team contacts to see what we can do to get this resolved. 

I look forward to it.  BTW, it appears to only happen on BIN/GTC listings, at least for me.  I don't seem to have the problem on auction listing.  At least not right now.

Message 14 of 95
latest reply

What's with the emails stating that people have contact info in their listings, when they don't?
And that phone number in the Q7A thing - that's not going to be mandatory, is it?
Message 15 of 95
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: