cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Sept 27th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, 

Please join us for our weekly Community chat this afternoon at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 9/27. We do not have a set topic for the week, so feel free to ask us what is on your mind!

Chat with you then slight_smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

We will open the thread at the top of the hour. Trinton and Tyler are out of the office today, so please allow a bit more time for responses than usual, we will get to you as fast as we can. wink

Thanks. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 77
latest reply

The thread is now open.

Message 3 of 77
latest reply

I have a Basic store, and was just getting ready to finally use my Q3 $25 Shipping Supplies coupon when I recieved the promotional offer from ebay to upgrade my store fro Basic to Premium. I'm considering doing this, but I have a question: If I do it today (or really anytime before Oct 1st), would I get the $50 coupon for Q3, since I would now have a Premium Store? And come October, would I then be able to use the Q4 Premium  $50 coupon as well? That would definitely make the offer more attractive.

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

I understand that if I markdown a listing, ebay will send my watchers an email notice. Lately I've heard that ebay is also sending notices to watchers when a listing receives an offer under Make An Offer. Can you confirm that?
Message 5 of 77
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I have a Basic store, and was just getting ready to finally use my Q3 $25 Shipping Supplies coupon when I recieved the promotional offer from ebay to upgrade my store fro Basic to Premium. I'm considering doing this, but I have a question: If I do it today (or really anytime before Oct 1st), would I get the $50 coupon for Q3, since I would now have a Premium Store? And come October, would I then be able to use the Q4 Premium  $50 coupon as well? That would definitely make the offer more attractive.

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - These coupons aren't prorated but you would get the full $50 for Q4 at the beginning of October.

Message 6 of 77
latest reply

Hello Alan, and presumably Heidi.

I had a question regarding the new user agreement update, moreso I want some certain details on exactly how the charging of FVF's on ended listings works, and what the process is that determines such a thing.

One could argue that, since our contact info is exchanged at the end of the sale, at any point a returning customer could ask about an item, just for us to find out that it's broke or there has been damage to it or it has been lost, and thus end the listing to prevent negative experiences for both ourselves as the seller, and for the buyer who wanted the item.

It doesn't seem to be very clear exactly how deep this rabbit hole goes, and myself working in a B&M Dealership it makes me uncertain how this may effect me since my circumstances might be a little different in regards to ended listings than it might be for your average from-home seller.

As a seller I am also human, I am not infallible and accidents happen, what I want to ensure is that your system isn't setting up the bots with the assumption that we are in fact infallible and therefore there is an ulterior motive or distinctive purpose behind ending these listings when there is actually nothing "sinister" (by eBay's definition) about it.

Maybe I'm thinking too far into this, but, when it comes to my livelihood, for which eBay sales ARE my livelihood, they are the entire purpose of my being employed, I do tend to take extra caution in regards to how these policies play a role in my business dealings on eBay.

Thanks.

Bigmotormania
Message 7 of 77
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
I understand that if I markdown a listing, ebay will send my watchers an email notice. Lately I've heard that ebay is also sending notices to watchers when a listing receives an offer under Make An Offer. Can you confirm that?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques@ - I haven't heard of this happening and I don't believe it should be working that way. If you receive or see a report of this, would you mind @mentioning one of us on the thread? We'd be happy to look into it and investigate what's happening. Thanks!

Message 8 of 77
latest reply

When is ebay going to provide us with a DETAILED webinar on the new Sales Event+Markdown Manager tool? I have been seeing a LOT of misinformation about this on various social media platforms (for example, that a fee will now be charged...clearly, some people are confusing this with Promoted Listings).  I realize the tool hasn't been rolled out to everyone yet, but  maybe you guys should consider: if you are actually going to put out a new tool, you should have a detailed webinar ready to go when the tool is announced---you could cut down on a lot of unnecessary confusion.

Message 9 of 77
latest reply

Will do.
Message 10 of 77
latest reply

When did eBay stop notifying sellers when extra free listings are available, or when other promotions start?

I missed out on some or all of three recent promotions because I didn't check the Promotions heading under All Selling for a couple of days.

Would you ask the PTB to (re)start informing us by email when new promotions become available?

Message 11 of 77
latest reply

Thanks Heidi. I kind of figured that, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Message 12 of 77
latest reply

@bigmotormania wrote:

Hello Alan, and presumably Heidi.

I had a question regarding the new user agreement update, moreso I want some certain details on exactly how the charging of FVF's on ended listings works, and what the process is that determines such a thing.

One could argue that, since our contact info is exchanged at the end of the sale, at any point a returning customer could ask about an item, just for us to find out that it's broke or there has been damage to it or it has been lost, and thus end the listing to prevent negative experiences for both ourselves as the seller, and for the buyer who wanted the item.

It doesn't seem to be very clear exactly how deep this rabbit hole goes, and myself working in a B&M Dealership it makes me uncertain how this may effect me since my circumstances might be a little different in regards to ended listings than it might be for your average from-home seller.

As a seller I am also human, I am not infallible and accidents happen, what I want to ensure is that your system isn't setting up the bots with the assumption that we are in fact infallible and therefore there is an ulterior motive or distinctive purpose behind ending these listings when there is actually nothing "sinister" (by eBay's definition) about it.

Maybe I'm thinking too far into this, but, when it comes to my livelihood, for which eBay sales ARE my livelihood, they are the entire purpose of my being employed, I do tend to take extra caution in regards to how these policies play a role in my business dealings on eBay.

Thanks.

Hi @bigmotormania

Thanks for the question. Off-eBay sale violations are reviewed by human eyes before we charge a final value fee for taking the sale off of the site. 

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

We would like to know why on the following:

All spring summer winter ect Ebay updates we follow to a "T"

Guaranteed Delivery also followed to a "T"

All items we sell are compliant with ALL ebay policies and updates.

However

I find that more than 50% of the items I sell when searched by me and people I employ we find in the results listings the following ahead of us in results sellers not:

Offering no returns

14 day money back guarantee

Searches are done using best match with either a OEM part number or worded item description.

If I as a seller are following ALL ebays updates ect why are my items listed below another who is not even following what ebay is asking of us as sellers to do?

Message 14 of 77
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

When did eBay stop notifying sellers when extra free listings are available, or when other promotions start?

I missed out on some or all of three recent promotions because I didn't check the Promotions heading under All Selling for a couple of days.

Would you ask the PTB to (re)start informing us by email when new promotions become available?

The emails usually come - at least for me - about a day after they start. 

And since they took out the selling piece from the my ebay summary, I've saved a lot of money by missing auctions I wanted to bid on .............

What good is a summary if it isn't a summary?

About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: