cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Oct 4th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello, 

Please join the Community team here at 1 pm PT today for our weekly chat. You may have seen that we were scheduled to discuss Structured Data today, but unfortunately, our eBay expert is unwell. 

Talk with you soon! grin

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! Please join the chat today if you can. It's unfortunately the last one I'll be attending: http://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/News-from-Heidi/m-p/27571175#M26 and I'd love to chat with you before I leave! heart

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us today! The thread is now open for replies. 

BTW - have you seen the new eBay branded Holiday shipping supplies that have just launched? heart_eyes heart_eyes
Check them out here: http://stores.ebay.com/ebay-Shipping-SuppliesLAM01356_edit3_HOLIDAY_jpg.png

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 3 of 61
latest reply

alan@ebay

Structured Data

Good afternoon eBay Team!

I see the topic changed from Structured Data to General Topics … Two questions here:

1. I am considering converting an Everyday Rate plan ID here to a Basic Store. Many items on that ID were created with the simple listing tool. The items of most concern are vintage and antique books. If the ID is converted with the items listed that are missing Item Specifics (Structured Data) for book categories will they be 1) taken down, 2) moved to the Un-sold file or 3) deleted altogether?
  2. ePids: any update on this Structured Data?
Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 61
latest reply

Nice holiday designs.  I have not used my coupon yet so I will have to go shopping.  Hard to believe that it is October already and holiday shopping is going to start soon!  I just passed my 19th anniversary of selling.  

This last year has been my best selling year ever.

Message 5 of 61
latest reply

@Anonymous, alan@ebay

Seller Hub Overview Page Customization:

On September 30th I created a thread asking if there is a place or thread eBay is using to update us on Seller Hub Changes and improvements … it was on the Seller Hub section of The Community …. ZERO replies but I am not offended. Here is again on today’s chat:

“Does anyone have a link or know where the Seller Hub update thread is where eBay lets us know all the changes they are planning to make and when?

I want them to make the Overview / Home Page completely customizable to allow each tile to be sized AND lists combined like the pic below.  That way we can have 4 tiles on a row instead of the space wasting 3 fixed sized ones.  The Hub has potential, that's for sure.  Some of the shortcuts are nice but generally things are too spread out and need to be condensed (and there is NO reason they can't be condensed).  If Sellers had this flexibility than they could customize it to meet their needs AND feel like they have a little ownership.

The other thing I want them to do (and I use the Comments link regularly) is get rid of that space wasting Opt in to Guaranteed Delivery banner ... I have to click the X almost every time I log on ... that banner should stay OFF by clicking the X once ... if I ever want to opt in I know I can find where to do it.  And NO, I am not opting in just to make the banner go away if that is the ploy?!?"

Screen Desired-1.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 61
latest reply

You may have seen that we were scheduled to discuss Structured Data today, but unfortunately, our eBay expert is unwell. 

That's good, because I've been searching for the last 15 minutes, trying in vain to find out what in heck Structured Data is.

Now you've provided a link. That's good. Maybe we can be ready to discuss it next week.

Message 7 of 61
latest reply

Congrats @golfingaddict, great to hear!

@golfingaddict wrote:

Nice holiday designs.  I have not used my coupon yet so I will have to go shopping.  Hard to believe that it is October already and holiday shopping is going to start soon!  I just passed my 19th anniversary of selling.  

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

@Anonymous

Sorry to hear you are leaving us... Hope we didn't scare you off.

Good luck in the future.  Thank you for all of your help.

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

I have called ebay about 10 times now over the last 2 weeks and have not been given an answer or any help what so ever. Ive used promoted listings and most of the times it wont let me  promote my higghest price items form some reason. When it does work the promoted listings seem to go ever further down the best match at times.  I set my ad rate at an astonishing 12 percent and had not one sale because it was only shown on the last page at bottom of 4200 listings. Ive called over and over about this and have been told theyll call me back and have never heatrd anything from anyone.

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

@golfingaddict - Congratulations! What a milestone! I'll always be chasing you since I'm at 18 years and counting. 

Thanks for selling on eBay.

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 11 of 61
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@Anonymous, alan@ebay

Seller Hub Overview Page Customization:

On September 30th I created a thread asking if there is a place or thread eBay is using to update us on Seller Hub Changes and improvements … it was on the Seller Hub section of The Community …. ZERO replies but I am not offended. Here is again on today’s chat:

“Does anyone have a link or know where the Seller Hub update thread is where eBay lets us know all the changes they are planning to make and when?

I want them to make the Overview / Home Page completely customizable to allow each tile to be sized AND lists combined like the pic below.  That way we can have 4 tiles on a row instead of the space wasting 3 fixed sized ones.  The Hub has potential, that's for sure.  Some of the shortcuts are nice but generally things are too spread out and need to be condensed (and there is NO reason they can't be condensed).  If Sellers had this flexibility than they could customize it to meet their needs AND feel like they have a little ownership.

The other thing I want them to do (and I use the Comments link regularly) is get rid of that space wasting Opt in to Guaranteed Delivery banner ... I have to click the X almost every time I log on ... that banner should stay OFF by clicking the X once ... if I ever want to opt in I know I can find where to do it.  And NO, I am not opting in just to make the banner go away if that is the ploy?!?"

Screen Desired-1.jpg

Hi @mr_lincoln, while we do not currently have a location where all future changes are outlined, I think that your recommendations would be great to share with our Seller Hub team using the "Comments?" link within the Seller Hub. Our team reviews these regularly to make updates and that are suggested to us. I can also let you know that I have personally passed along feedback about adjusting the size of the widgets, but it won't hurt for this to be submitted again to our team so they can get an idea of how many sellers would like to see this!

Message 12 of 61
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr_lincoln wrote:

alan@ebay

Structured Data

Good afternoon eBay Team!

I see the topic changed from Structured Data to General Topics … Two questions here:

1. I am considering converting an Everyday Rate plan ID here to a Basic Store. Many items on that ID were created with the simple listing tool. The items of most concern are vintage and antique books. If the ID is converted with the items listed that are missing Item Specifics (Structured Data) for book categories will they be 1) taken down, 2) moved to the Un-sold file or 3) deleted altogether?
  2. ePids: any update on this Structured Data?

Hi @mr_lincoln!

1. If your items truly don't have UPCs, you can still use Does Not Apply and nothing will happen to your listings. Transferring to a store shouldn't be an issue at all slight_smile

2. No update just yet but we'll let you know when we do!

Message 13 of 61
latest reply

What is the point of requiring BIN price to be 99¢ or more?

What supposed evil was that requirement supposed to fix?

Does it benefit anyone? Certainly not me or a potential buyer,

who may wnat the item, but can't wait 7 or 10 days to buy it.

If I want to sell an iten for 25¢, I should be allowed to.

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@selsa84 wrote:

I have called ebay about 10 times now over the last 2 weeks and have not been given an answer or any help what so ever. Ive used promoted listings and most of the times it wont let me  promote my higghest price items form some reason. When it does work the promoted listings seem to go ever further down the best match at times.  I set my ad rate at an astonishing 12 percent and had not one sale because it was only shown on the last page at bottom of 4200 listings. Ive called over and over about this and have been told theyll call me back and have never heatrd anything from anyone.

Hi @selsa84, I want to take a closer look at these specific listings and the conversations you had with customer service. I will reach out via email for more details!

Message 15 of 61
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: