cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Oct 24th from 1:00 pm PDT - Managed Payments on eBay

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Sellers,

Join eBay’s Vikas Mehta who is leading the rollout of Payments in North America on our Community Chat. Get the latest update on how it’s all going, hear stories of seller success and have your questions answered. 

This chat thread will open for questions at 1 pm and it will close for new questions at 2 pm. 

Chat with you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us today. The chat is now open for questions. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 66
latest reply

Welcome back.  How was your time off??  I hope you had some good fun!!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 66
latest reply

Hi guys... I have one simple request. When you post the link to the weekly chat on the selling board, can you set it so the link opens in a new window please? Thanks!

Message 4 of 66
latest reply

I've seen some concerning posts regarding the Mobile App.  I understand that by design there are certain things Ebay is auto adding to the listings.  But what about being auto opt'd into the promoted listings, specifically the stepped price reductions by certain percentages over time.  I'm not sure what Ebay is actually calling it.

Message 5 of 66
latest reply

Hi @mam98031

It was great, thanks for asking! 😃

Let's catch-up soon as we want to keep this chat session on the topic of managed payments.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 66
latest reply

My bad.  I overlooked that fact that this week is subject specific.  My apologies.

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

Hi Alan and team!!

I would like to know when is the GSP going to be incorporated into  Managed payment!

and alan@ebay I posted a  question in the group about seller HUB when you get a chance can you look into it, please?

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 8 of 66
latest reply

second question....

if someone has a paypal credit card or debit card , can they  use it  to pay for an item if the seller is in the managed payment program?

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 9 of 66
latest reply

For those sellers that are currently in the Managed Payments program, but did not realize that the program, in it's current form does not allow for PP payments, is Ebay allowing these sellers to exit the program if they are being significantly harmed by the inability to take PP at this time?  

I know that Ebay had said if you opt in you can't opt out.  But clearly from some of the chatter on the threads there were some sellers that did not educate themselves on what the program offered and didn't offer before opting in.  I do understand that they should have, but the fact is some just did not.

Is Ebay allowing these sellers to get out if they can show they are harmed by this?  I'm just curious as to what Ebay's position is on this.

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sellers, Welcome to the community chat!  For those of you who haven't seen it yet, we posted some information on how the program is going on https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/managed-payments/  Look forward to our chat today.

Message 11 of 66
latest reply

Are you considering making this rollout optional? I understand the original plan was to insist we all eventually do it. But as a small seller, this mini run shows it would significantly increase the amount of work in accounting and cash flow on my end. Far and above what the savings would be per the calculator. $3 saved a month is not worth it at an extra 4 hours worth of work a month or 1 extra hour per week. Thats a very low estimate and does not include setup time or taxes. Just for the time factor, I would prefer to keep paypal permanently managing my money.
Message 12 of 66
latest reply

Could you please explain the return and chargeback process.  I have noticed a delay in processing and a delay in charges to the account.   Will those fees and amounts be shown on a desperate line item in the monthly invoice?  I am looking ahead to reconciliation at the end of the year

Message 13 of 66
latest reply

As the managed payments program becomes manditory, will ebay give sellers a notice of any sort before their enrollment, or will a seller just wake up one day and be in for good?  

Has ebay done anything to alert prospective buyers that PayPal is not accepted by those sellers in the managed payments program, or do buyers still  only find out at checkout? 

Message 14 of 66
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

Hi Alan and team!!

I would like to know when is the GSP going to be incorporated into  Managed payment!

and alan@ebay I posted a  question in the group about seller HUB when you get a chance can you look into it, please?

Hi @theshoppingmom2, We are actively working to integrate GSP into Managed Payments.  The timeline isn't final yet, but we certainly want to integrate it as soon as possible.  We realize selling cross-border is an important part of selling on eBay.  Stay tuned on more details around GSP timing.

Message 15 of 66
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: