cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@stuff4divas wrote:

Hello

Regarding Monthly Invoices

I screenshot Feb, March, April 2021 invoices to show 'Subscription and onetime fees'.

I am using just these 3 for examples.

For Feb: I am being charged my regular 'Yearly Store (Premium): Subscription Fee $59.95 but also being charged again for the same thing another $29.01

For March: my regular 'Yearly Store (Premium): Subscription Fee $59.95 and 'Selling Manager Pro' $0.00 (which I never signed up for) so that zero charge is correct

For April: my regular 'Yearly Store (Premium): Subscription Fee $59.95 and 'Selling Manager Pro' $5.49 (again, which I never signed up for) 

Do I just call a regular customer service rep to explain?

Or does anyone here know why I am getting these extra charges? 

Thank you,

stuff4divas

@stuff4divas I can get that fee taken care of today. You should see it credited within 24 hours 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 76 of 87
latest reply

@vintgecollectibleworlda2 wrote:

Please fix log out issues create promotion - markdown - sale event for mac safari users. 

@vintgecollectibleworlda2 I'm not seeing an open report about this. Can you start a thread here and tag me with further information, so I can take a look into this for you?

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 77 of 87
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Re: Managed Payments

My business bank account has a limit on number of transactions/month without incurring extra fees.

In early discussions of MP, we were told transfers to our bank could be limited to once/week. 

That would work for me. But does that option still exist?

@vrykalak the option of weekly payouts does exist. You'll find more information about it here 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 78 of 87
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

I have shared feedback by the comments buttons many times as you suggested. Other websites can make pages that display and work well on most devices. Lots of people use laptops. Shouldn't Ebay be compatible with those? I use a Win10 desktop with 20 inch monitor and Ebay is the only site I use that requires horizontal scrolling.

@crazystuff4sale generally speaking, there's usually a size/resolution cut off set when designing a web page scaling. I'm sure this cut off can be adjusted, but it just depends what intent the designers have with sizing. They do review and consider feedback received as they plan future updates. I don't know what plans this team has for future changes/improvements, but if you've sent the feedback then they will consider it.

One work around is to change the resolution of your internet browser. On my laptop I have the horizontal scroll bar. If I change my browsers resolution (often called the 'zoom' option in browsers) to 90% then all of the Seller Hub page appears for me with no horizontal scroll bar. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 79 of 87
latest reply

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

Last week's discussion about the "eBay Standard Envelope" did not fully specify how billing would be handled. Is there any way to sum the cost of labels to number of labels and total cost for some convenient period like a week or month? Scattering the amounts randomly on the Managed Payments detail page does not seem like a good plan. Also, when will totals for amounts other than the payment amount become available?  It takes time to total multiple orders bundled into a payout. What does a seller do if hundreds instead of a few orders are included in a payment? Why not rename the process Unmanageable Payments?

Someone asked that each label be tied to an order in the detail window. If that becomes the case, the Payments summary window should display totals for labels, sales, and fees.

@clarkphilatelics - Feedback on how the charges for eBay Standard Envelope have been passed on to the right team, but we don't have an update on any future changes to that page at this time.

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to here. There's a number of ways you can view the payout information. If you click the payout ID, it will show the totals from the orders that comprise the payout with fees 

You can also use the Reports section in the Payments tab, there is a transaction or payouts report. You can choose the transactions types that are included in the drop down. 

If the above doesn't help, you may want to contact from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page to get more information.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 80 of 87
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

Can eBay provide a more comprehensive online way to report fraud?  Currently there are only 2 choices:  report buyer or report seller.  However I've had over 50 fraudulent transactions on my 2 selling accounts recently caused by 3rd parties making "unauthorized use of buyer accounts."  The only way I can report this is to call Customer Service and hopefully get transferred to Fraud & Safety.

Also when someone reports fraud, can eBay ALWAYS reply with their findings and/or actions?

Finally, when fraud results in a seller having to cancel a transaction, can the reason for cancel be expanded to include either Other or Fraud?  Currently I have been told by CS to select buyer requested cancel, which is NOT true, or to select problem with address, which is only indirectly true.

Hi @somanypostcards!

There isn't currently a way for you to report items or members other than the way you've mentioned, but I'm happy to make the suggestion.   

We aren't going to provide follow up on findings or action taken on other members' accounts - this is in keeping with our privacy policy. I can see why this information would be helpful, but it's not something that I see happening in the future. 

I'm happy to make this suggestion as well. In the meantime - using buyer requested or problem with address will allow you to end the transaction without impact to your seller rating, which is why CS would suggest it. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 81 of 87
latest reply

@vintgecollectibleworlda2 wrote:

Tyler,

I just left you a message at the number provided above. It was a answering machine. I believe anyone investing their time on this right now has already contacted ebay support. I would guess most at least 3x.  Please let me know when ebay will fix the safari it issues.  I am paying for a product, and expect to get the product. If you order cable and the package includes hbo. you don't get hbo, are you going to pay for the product?  Would you buy a benz with no door? Point is please help us.

@vintgecollectibleworlda2 the number you called is to ask a question that may appear on the eBay For Business Podcast, it is not a customer support phone number.

It's not clear what issue you are encountering based on the limited information provided in this post. If you are experiencing a technical issue with the Safari browser then the first troubleshooting step is to clear cache and cookies. In many cases this resolves browser issues. You can also go here and use the 'Contact us' option at the bottom of the page for further assistance. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 82 of 87
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I'm guessing the answer is no, but asking anyway. When I sell an item through Promoted Listings, there's a note in its "Orders" entry indicating it was sold by PL. If I sell an item via Coded Coupon, will a similar note appear? 

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - this is such a reasonable and sensible question that I was certain I'd be able to find you a quick answer. However, I can't find anything one way or the other, so I'll need to run it up the flagpole and let you know as I hear back. 

was able to find that coded coupon campaigns will exist in the Marketing tab, so it's probable that you'd be able to use that view to at least see usage rates at a high level, but not at the 'Orders' level.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 83 of 87
latest reply

@saturdaystoys wrote:

I'm in the same boat on this one.  The Concierge reference was removed two weeks ago... and the quality of Customer Service calls was seriously degraded as a result.  Based on the language / accent issues on every call... I'm assuming that an offshore call center is now involved.  The new "Help & Contact" link now leads to a long page of detail trying to push me into various posts about the issue I'm having at the moment... but only a generic "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page... and then several more hoops to narrow down the exact reason I'm needing help.  The "Concierge" level of service is now gone completely.

contact us.JPG

@saturdaystoys I'm not seeing concierge denoted on your account. This is something you'll want to contact customer support about to see what your concierge status is. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 84 of 87
latest reply

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

@Brittanie

I have tried reporting issues in the "Tell us what you think" but am afraid that my keyboard is wearing out. I am not sure we are on the same page with sorting. I can sort Active Listings by ending time, but it is not possible to also (at the same time) specify Auctions first.

The All Selling page is so overloaded with unwanted views that it slow loading and hard to navigate. I want one page with the summary, that can be configures, and sorted in the order I want, and stay that way each time it is opened.

I believe that the Active page is better, but it lacks a summary and cannot be sorted on multiple columns.

@clarkphilatelics - I appreciate that you've been providing feedback. I know it doesn't feel like it, but they do take this to make improvements.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. If you are on the Active Listing page in Seller Hub, you can filter by Auctions and then sort by time using the column. You are correct that you cannot sort all types of listings and make Auctions the top sort option, but you can exclude Buy It Now listings instead to just review your Auction information by time instead. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 85 of 87
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Cool. Now, how do I select weekly download in MP?

(I have been away from home, and from my business, for 8 months, so I am very ignorant in this area.

Hi @vrykalak - welcome back! Brian may have already shared this with you, but I wanted to make sure you got a link to the steps on changing your payout schedule. This Help Page will have the steps. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 86 of 87
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

RE: eBay Authenticity Guarantee

On the community chats, I've noticed a lot of concern with this program.

There seems to be long shipping delays and other concerns.

I've just been posting the link for them, but I don't think it is specific to what they are asking and I am not familiar enough with that program.

Does anyone know of any problems with this program? So I can properly answer the posts?

Thank you,

stuff4divas 

@stuff4divas - We’re experiencing an explosion in demand for sneakers and, as a result, processing times are delayed. That team is working around the clock to help resolve this. If you have people asking about what to do next, please have them check the estimated shipping time and all order details. They can also check ebay.com/check and contact customer service if they have further questions.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 87 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: