cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

This is a desperate attempt to resolve something before I have to have an attorney send a letter.  What is going on with Ebay customer service?  It's bad enough that it takes 2X as long normally to get your point across because English is a 2nd language, but it's really dropped off within the past 9 mos.  Pandemic aside, it's a complete failure.

Examples:

reference # 1-312312984723--I always have to call in for proper ebay bucks credit because it doesn't credit correctly, even though i activate the offer/ebay bucks booster multiple times and all other criteria are met.  I've even purchased the same day and not been credited properly.  After 3 calls and 3 manager callback requests that were not escalated, someone finally got what I meant, although she didn't know what to do.  We spent the hour going through everything and she noted it.  It's all there on the reference #.  I never did get a call from a mgr but someone faked one (an increasingly common occurrence) and noted it.  I've called over 10 times on this issue and to follow up, but am basically lied to and told whatever to get me off the phone.  I sat on hold for a mgr for 2 hours on 1-313686466815 and then was disconnected at transfer.  No one called.  On another call, I was told an IT ticket was opened--REQ000002781064 on 1-313700530173.  Again, nothing ever heard via phone, email, ebay messages, anything.  This is over $200 in Ebay bucks on just 1 transaction, so it's easy to see they did not credit it.  I've requested callbacks from managers each time so I can inquire as to why no resolution to ebay, and why no manager callbacks--never a callback.  Other related phone calls in trying to follow up and examples of poor service-1-309321106145, 1-310248529475, 1-313697165793, 1-313697444713.

Another example: call 1-319457187965 because of issues trying to do global shipping.  Since I know Ebay support is maddeningly frustrating and seldom helpful except for the simplest of items, I tried for 2 days to do a global ship print.  I was told they were having shipping issues, and a manager would callback on my request to follow up and address my repeated manager no callback issues.  It was suggested that I callback if I didn't hear anything.  Call 1-319723679518.  Since no contact, I called back.  I was told there was still shipping issues, and that I should just send it International shipping for $11 (instead of $4-$5 which buyer and I agreed it should be through domestic global shipping program).  He said he would credit me $15 to cover it and the repeated inconvenience.  As of when I called yesterday, this was still not done, and they said there was no escalation to the previous call.  Order 2-74238370010

Example 3--on one of these calls, I explained that a previous seller that I bought from and returned cards purchased (I buy and sell) still is sending me harassing letters (and has threatened me).  I said this is now a safety issue, and although ebay supposedly warned them before, I just received another letter.  They were to escalate to a manager--have not heard.  

Due to repeated service issues, and even rude reps, I am at the end of my rope.  I have 100% feedback and 1800+ feedback.  I strive to a higher level of service, but have absolutely no support at Ebay.  If I refuse to pay my invoices, it will automatically be pulled.  I can't even get a manager to call.  I can't even get someone that understands English without repeating multiple times and hoping they understand.  I've logged hundreds of hours on the phone with ebay support.  And it's only gotten worse in the past 9 months.  I've had issues in the past and I've noticed that people get a lot friendlier when you ask for the reference # of the call.  I've also noticed that with reps who had attitude issues, I would not get a feedback request on them in my ebay messages.  I think they know how to disable it or prevent it from happening.  I barely ever get a feedback request on any of my (failed) calls now.  

I know AMEX has international people (I've confirmed), but you don't ever really even know it.  I was kind of surprised when I found out.  They can do it, so you either need to do it, or pull the plug on your international call centers.  I can't help but thinking THAT'S WHY YOU'RE LOSING PEOPLE TO AMAZON.  Maybe they have better service, but at this point it can't get any worse.  Between poor communication at times, managed payments issues, and snafus with the $20 trading card & under $.91 shipping (and related Post Office issues), you're signaling that you can't manage the business, even as you advertise heavily.  It comes back to the cost to bring in new customers vs. just taking care of existing ones.  The wiser investment would be to get your act together before flooding the sinking ship.--just my 2 cents.  PLEASE HELP!  Kurt

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Message 31 of 87
latest reply

Something to be aware of... is that the Listing Quality Report that I received... had links to resolving 4 listings that had Google Product Listing Ads rejections (nothing special... just basic Vintage Disneyana collectible items).  It said I had to add more information due to "Invalid Age Group"... but I found no way to make the correction as this isn't a description offered within the eBay listing system.  I also called eBay Support and they said that "Invalid Age Group" option doesn't work yet on eBay and that I should ignore that page of the report at this point.  hmmmmm...  Bottom line... for someone trying very hard to improve on declining sales (down over 65% this week alone!)... that was a frustrating situation.  I learned something new... but there was no resolution.

Message 32 of 87
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

Is the CONCIERGE service gone?

A couple of folks asked on the Member to Member board since they were unable to access it.  This morning, I had a question for them, and the screen at HELP & CONTACT no longer states that since I have Concierge service, I can click this box for a call back.  The box is no longer there.  It was working over a week ago, so is it now retired?

@disneyshopper I'm still seeing the concierge 'Have us call you' option on your account, and I show that you're still part of the concierge program. Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Help & Contact page?

Brian,
Community Team
Message 33 of 87
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

How do I get specials privileges to break the rules as a seller?  I see the seller I reported still has over 80k listings miscategorized to avoid eBay fees.  I sure would love to have that privilege.

Hi @gwzcomps - We expect all members to abide by our polices and rules. That being said, we aren't able to discuss actions taken on another members account as we protect all member privacy . There are a range of actions that can be taken (coaching, warnings, removals and other actions), that may not be publicly viewable by other members. Please continue to use the 'Report an item' link to report any listings you feel violate eBay policy. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 34 of 87
latest reply

saturdaystoys,

Not sure what the issue is, but in my experience, ebay's toys Item Specifics usually has some sort of age range to choose.  Maybe look for the identical items on Google Shopping and see what age range they provide, and try adding that to your listings?  Sorry if this is no help, just sort of thinking out loud here....

Message 35 of 87
latest reply

Why is Item Condition not defined in the Stamps category? At a meeting with eBay at the APS Stamp Show in Sacramento more than a decade ago, eBay agreed to “Unused” and Used” as item condition definitions. Then about a decade ago, Item Condition disappeared. With the change to value ID instead of name-value pairs, ID values exist that would support “Unused” as an item condition. (New is not appropriate for postage stamps. Stamps did not start appearing in shrink wrap packaging until the turn of the 21st century. Most stamps sold at the post office are not shrink wrapped.) The Condition Description will not display in eBay listings unless the item is given the item Condition ID corresponding to “Used”.  Since condition is the second most important determination of price after the catalog number that describes the stamp, why does eBay ignore Item Condition in the Stamps category?

Although eBay has added mandatory item specifics to the Stamps Category, why is catalog number missing? Some item specifics in the US eBay Stamps category, like color, are properties associated with the Scott catalog number. Remaining item specifics are mostly condition attributes. Again, without item condition values "Unused" and "Used", it is not possible to correctly describe the condition of a stamp especially when eBay search filter values are substantially different from commonly accepted marketplace usage.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 36 of 87
latest reply

Thanks for that confirmation.  Yes, that's the workaround that I just implemented... but it's less than intuitive.  It also means that for that item... I'm limited to included only one store category (in my case, *Featured Item), as if I were to included a second category in the store (ie. Disney Contemporary; Disneyland Contemporary)... the automated system would pick it up.  Still... I'm giving it a try.  Can't hurt.  I'm into my 4th day with no sales... and working hard to improve on these circumstances.

Message 37 of 87
latest reply

Hello

Regarding Monthly Invoices

I screenshot Feb, March, April 2021 invoices to show 'Subscription and onetime fees'.

I am using just these 3 for examples.

For Feb: I am being charged my regular 'Yearly Store (Premium): Subscription Fee $59.95 but also being charged again for the same thing another $29.01

For March: my regular 'Yearly Store (Premium): Subscription Fee $59.95 and 'Selling Manager Pro' $0.00 (which I never signed up for) so that zero charge is correct

For April: my regular 'Yearly Store (Premium): Subscription Fee $59.95 and 'Selling Manager Pro' $5.49 (again, which I never signed up for) 

Do I just call a regular customer service rep to explain?

Or does anyone here know why I am getting these extra charges? 

Thank you,

stuff4divas

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 38 of 87
latest reply

@papermoney1948 wrote:

Hi Tyler

Clarification please.

On managed payments, a Canadian can not list on the actual .com site as they will not be able to set up a Canadian US denominated account and also will not be able to attach a US bank account as they don't have a SSN.

They would have to open a .ca account and list on .com with that account and set up a Canadian US denominated checking account for deposits.

If this is correct, what will happen to all the Canadians that have an account on the .com server and their listed items in US dollars?

Thanks for your help in this touchy area. 

Hi @papermoney1948 - if your account was registered on .com and you are Canadian you won't be asked to register for payments until such time as your account can be supported (meaning you will be able to register your account using your Canadian info). Keep an eye on your email inbox for that notification!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 39 of 87
latest reply

I’m concerned about 2 recent buying experiences I’ve had with eBay’s sneaker authenticity guarantee. The first pair of sneakers showed the authenticity guarantee in multiple places on the listing page and I was even blocked from sending a message to the seller, so there was every indication it would be authenticated. 

However, this order was drop shipped from Amazon directly to my address – it did not go to the authenticator first. 

The package ended up being lost and I was able to get a refund with an INR claim, but I’m confused why this listing showed the authentication guarantee if it didn’t qualify and why the messaging was blocked if it did not in fact go to the authenticator.

IMG_20210505_133511.jpg

IMG_20210505_133516.jpg

message2-2.jpg

My second sneaker buying experience was for a pair of shoes won on auction for $39 – this also showed the authenticity guarantee and in this case the shoes did go to the authenticator and were then sent on to me. 

IMG_20210505_133446.jpg

The shoes appear to be as advertised, but again I’m left wondering why shoes under $150 are showing up when filtering for authenticity guaranteed only and why this pair went to the authenticator but the other one didn’t.

Any idea what is going on here?

Message 40 of 87
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Since everyone has to use Seller Hub now can you PLEASE have your tech people fix it to fit into a browser window? Too much horizontal scrolling. It should fit automatically like other webpages do. I don't understand how anyone would think it was ready to be rolled out with this problem.

@crazystuff4sale Seller Hub pages do display in full depending on the screen size and resolution of the device. If you're using a smaller screen with lower resolution, such as a laptop, then the horizontal scroll bar may appear. The best way to share feedback is by clicking on the 'Comment' button in the upper right of Seller Hub. Feedback given there goes directly to the Seller Hub team for review.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 41 of 87
latest reply

sorry forgot to add these to my original post

Feb 2021 Invoice.png

March 2021 Inv.png

April 2021 Inv.png

  

Message 42 of 87
latest reply

@dhbookds 

That is what I am wondering.  Is the Concierge service retiring and folks are being removed slowly?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 43 of 87
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Brian, This thread includes a screen shot:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sponsored-Listings-within-Stores/m-p/31817548

There was another thread as well, but I don't have it handy...

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 44 of 87
latest reply

I got the Selling manager pro $5.......called and got it credited......used Concierge tho..  I had downgraded from Premium (where SM was always free)........but no way I could cancel SM............

Message 45 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: