cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@saturdaystoys wrote:

re: Automated Promoted Listings...  Is there a way to set up the new automated campaigns so they allow for me to choose which campaign I want newly created listings to go to?  There are situations where I may not want 100% of new listings to go to the automated campaign (ie. consignment listings or other "special" listings that I want to manually monitor).

Perhaps I just missed it... but I couldn't find a way to do that.  Thanks much.

@saturdaystoys  you are going to be pretty much limited to work within the rules you can set for auto PL.

Maybe set your campaigns up by store categories and create a specific category just for "special listings" and don't use auto PL for that category?

Message 16 of 87
latest reply

I just re-watched part of the April Check In last night....so it's available now.

Message 17 of 87
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Several posters have posted on the Selling Board that they have seen their own Sponsored (Promoted) Listings on their own Store's landing page...I have not seen this personally, but at least one seller provided a screen shot in a thread on the Selling Board. So, the perennial ebay question game: 

Glitch?

Test?

New Policy?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques it's not something I'm familiar with. If you have an example then I can ask the promoted listing team about it.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 18 of 87
latest reply

@unusual_retail wrote:

Unfortunate, because I looked at the subscriptions after this was announced and it still said there was a penalty of one hundred fifty plus. I guess I can assume there was some convoluted way to downgrade...or was I supposed to just downgrade and the fee would be waived?

As far as I knew, the down grade prior to April 30th would have automatically waived the prepayment fee.

Message 19 of 87
latest reply

I enjoyed the "Seven Questions" with Sandra Gustard, but have a question. She says her favorite ebay tool is the "listing optimization tool"  Where can I find that tool?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I'm glad you are enjoying the series! I'm not aware of an exact tool called 'listing optimization tool', but there are a couple of different pages that could accomplish similar things. 

We are currently rolling out a 'Listing Quality Report' that will give you data on items in your most listed categories. I'll include an introduction video below. 

There's also a tool called the 'Listing Improvements' page within the Research tab of Seller Hub. I'm not able to view that page for security reasons or I'd include a link. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 87
latest reply

yes... I've found the same thing... and the quality of the support service with the new system has significantly been reduced.  100% of the return calls I'm receiving now are from people with thick accents that are very difficult to understand.  I'm finding that they often have little or no experience with my specific issue... or they don't have access to the information needed to address my question... and they end up submitting a trouble ticket to "a higher department."  They very much want to be helpful... but sometimes that leads to providing answers that may not have been thoroughly vetted.  It's really a disappointing development.  The Customer Support effort was much more effective ... just two weeks ago.

Message 22 of 87
latest reply

Since everyone has to use Seller Hub now can you PLEASE have your tech people fix it to fit into a browser window? Too much horizontal scrolling. It should fit automatically like other webpages do. I don't understand how anyone would think it was ready to be rolled out with this problem.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 23 of 87
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

I enjoyed the "Seven Questions" with Sandra Gustard, but have a question. She says her favorite ebay tool is the "listing optimization tool"  Where can I find that tool?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I'm glad you are enjoying the series! I'm not aware of an exact tool called 'listing optimization tool', but there are a couple of different pages that could accomplish similar things. 

We are currently rolling out a 'Listing Quality Report' that will give you data on items in your most listed categories.

I agree; I think the "Listing Quality Report" might be it. It was the topic of some discussion already: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Introducing-the-Listing-Quality-Report/m-p/31829954#M1740672 

...and in the second paragraph of its introduction, it describes itself as a tool to "optimize your listings."

Message 24 of 87
latest reply

They don't do bug fixes just unrequested cosmetic changes. 🤣

Message 25 of 87
latest reply

Brian, This thread includes a screen shot:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sponsored-Listings-within-Stores/m-p/31817548

There was another thread as well, but I don't have it handy...

Message 26 of 87
latest reply

@unusual_retail wrote:

Unfortunate, because I looked at the subscriptions after this was announced and it still said there was a penalty of one hundred fifty plus. I guess I can assume there was some convoluted way to downgrade...or was I supposed to just downgrade and the fee would be waived?

@unusual_retail the fee was automatically waived, so no action was required on the sellers part other than downgrading their store. I know we shared this information in a few weekly chats, but I'm not sure where/if it was communicated elsewhere. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 27 of 87
latest reply

@dsnelnd wrote:

I enjoy and learn a lot from the monthly Seller check-ins, but I missed the April one. I know they are posted at the Ebay for Business youtube page, but I don't see the April one posted there yet. Any idea when it will be posted on youtube for those of us who missed it?

Hi @dsnelnd - I've been waiting for this too! It looks like it got uploaded yesterday, thanks @my-cottage-books-and-antiques !

I'll make sure it gets added to the Seller Check-in board too. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 87
latest reply

I thought too that she meant that tool, but its quite recent....I got the impression she was talking about something that had been around longer. 

Message 29 of 87
latest reply

@saturdaystoys wrote:

re: Automated Promoted Listings...  Is there a way to set up the new automated campaigns so they allow for me to choose which campaign I want newly created listings to go to?  There are situations where I may not want 100% of new listings to go to the automated campaign (ie. consignment listings or other "special" listings that I want to manually monitor).

Perhaps I just missed it... but I couldn't find a way to do that.  Thanks much.

@saturdaystoys - Great question!  There isn't a way to choose which campaign new listings go to outside of the category rules you can set up when creating your promoted listing campaign. @valueaddedresource  did give a possible workaround that may work here.  I hope this helps!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 30 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: