cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Several months ago, I commented here with a diagram noting the disparity in prices for seller subscriptions. Recently that has been amended to increase the amount of listings available for sellers with an improvement in price per listing. It seems like the value scale for the chart reflects savings across the board for sellers, but I challenge eBay to really look at the value they are providing sellers and continue to make improvements. From my end, I can still see more that needs to be done.

However, since I agreed to a year subscription last year, I cannot downgrade my store subscription without taking a monetary penalty for another seven months. I’m now stuck in a tier that I don’t need.

I think with the recent changes, eBay should allow sellers to make a one time change to their subscription without penalty. It only seems fair considering the position sellers were in, and the changes that were made to make the system more equitable.

______

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 2 of 87
latest reply

@unusual_retail wrote:

Several months ago, I commented here with a diagram noting the disparity in prices for seller subscriptions. Recently that has been amended to increase the amount of listings available for sellers with an improvement in price per listing. It seems like the value scale for the chart reflects savings across the board for sellers, but I challenge eBay to really look at the value they are providing sellers and continue to make improvements. From my end, I can still see more that needs to be done.

However, since I agreed to a year subscription last year, I cannot downgrade my store subscription without taking a monetary penalty for another seven months. I’m now stuck in a tier that I don’t need.

I think with the recent changes, eBay should allow sellers to make a one time change to their subscription without penalty. It only seems fair considering the position sellers were in, and the changes that were made to make the system more equitable.

They had that up to April 30th. You were able to downgrade or close your store with no penalty

Message 3 of 87
latest reply

Guess I look dumb now.

Message 4 of 87
latest reply

I enjoyed the "Seven Questions" with Sandra Gustard, but have a question. She says her favorite ebay tool is the "listing optimization tool"  Where can I find that tool?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 5 of 87
latest reply

re: Automated Promoted Listings...  Is there a way to set up the new automated campaigns so they allow for me to choose which campaign I want newly created listings to go to?  There are situations where I may not want 100% of new listings to go to the automated campaign (ie. consignment listings or other "special" listings that I want to manually monitor).

Perhaps I just missed it... but I couldn't find a way to do that.  Thanks much.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 6 of 87
latest reply

@papermoney1948 wrote:

@unusual_retail wrote:

They had that up to April 30th. You were able to downgrade or close your store with no penalty

@unusual_retail what @papermoney1948 is correct, there was a period of time where sellers could downgrade with no early termination fee. We're not able to waive the early termination fee now that the April 30th cut off date has passed, unfortunately 🙁

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 87
latest reply

Several posters have posted on the Selling Board that they have seen their own Sponsored (Promoted) Listings on their own Store's landing page...I have not seen this personally, but at least one seller provided a screen shot in a thread on the Selling Board. So, the perennial ebay question game: 

Glitch?

Test?

New Policy?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

_____

Message 8 of 87
latest reply

I enjoy and learn a lot from the monthly Seller check-ins, but I missed the April one. I know they are posted at the Ebay for Business youtube page, but I don't see the April one posted there yet. Any idea when it will be posted on youtube for those of us who missed it?

----

Message 9 of 87
latest reply

Unfortunate, because I looked at the subscriptions after this was announced and it still said there was a penalty of one hundred fifty plus. I guess I can assume there was some convoluted way to downgrade...or was I supposed to just downgrade and the fee would be waived?

_____

Message 10 of 87
latest reply

How do I get specials privileges to break the rules as a seller?  I see the seller I reported still has over 80k listings miscategorized to avoid eBay fees.  I sure would love to have that privilege.

_____

Message 11 of 87
latest reply

Is the CONCIERGE service gone?

A couple of folks asked on the Member to Member board since they were unable to access it.  This morning, I had a question for them, and the screen at HELP & CONTACT no longer states that since I have Concierge service, I can click this box for a call back.  The box is no longer there.  It was working over a week ago, so is it now retired?

_____

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 12 of 87
latest reply

Hi Tyler

Clarification please.

On managed payments, a Canadian can not list on the actual .com site as they will not be able to set up a Canadian US denominated account and also will not be able to attach a US bank account as they don't have a SSN.

They would have to open a .ca account and list on .com with that account and set up a Canadian US denominated checking account for deposits.

If this is correct, what will happen to all the Canadians that have an account on the .com server and their listed items in US dollars?

Thanks for your help in this touchy area. 

-----

Message 13 of 87
latest reply

Now that the "My eBay All Selling" page has finally slipped into oblivion I feel blinded while weekly auctions are closing. Although the information about total bids and bid amounts is available on the Seller Hub Overview page, it is not available on the Listings Active page or the Listings All Selling page. Although the Active page can be configured to display the SKU (Custom Label), number of bids, bid amount and buyer eBay ID, the page cannot easily be sorted in chronological order with auctions first. The All Selling page includes summary information in an oversized panel at the top and can be sorted Auctions first, the auctions are not sorted in closing order from soonest to latest. The Active Listings page cannot be configured to display SKU numbers (Custom Labels) or buyer ID. Useless columns like Available quantity cannot be suppressed. Page navigation is difficult, especially for sellers with more than 1000 or so listings. Page navigation, a relic of the late 20th century is buried in the middle of the page. While it is possible to set the page to show only auctions, the setting disappears when the page is opened a second time.

Why is it not possible for eBay to create a convenient web page that provides convenient at-a-glance information about closing auctions or other rapidly changing events? I associate loss of the old-style My eBay Selling page with loss of control over selling. The new page creates a high wall between me as a seller and information I need for selling.

_____

Message 14 of 87
latest reply

I still see the Concierge service contact on mine...............do you get taken off the "list" at some time?

Message 15 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: