cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Community Chat, May 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

They are telling me I need to go to the returns page and do the deduction.  I CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE THEY ESCALATED THE CASE INCORRECTLY.  They won't help me with this and have blown off my attempts to get a resolution.  This is ridiculous that everyone but the sellers are allowed to break eBay policy.

Message 16 of 88
latest reply

@arrowhead10-7 wrote:

Can you shed some light on the changes for sports cards...lot of conflicting information out there and lots of listings that are being changed with categories not showing up. 

Also, are we will able to list variations for sports cards.  Mine give me an error.  Thank you. 

Hey @arrowhead10-7 - Our categories team addressed this here. You should see those issues resolved soon if they aren't already fixed. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 17 of 88
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

Item Specifics - OK to Ignore Required?

On variation listings, when we go to ‘Add item specifics that will be required soon’ I get ‘Listings are not eligible for this Add item specifics feature if they have variations’ (see screenshot) 

item specifics.png

So why am I told ‘Add item specifics that will be required soon’ ? (see screenshot) all 28 are variation listings

my ebay overview.png

Also, it wants to pull the brand name into the ’Theme’ (and anyway why would a ‘theme’ be required)

Theme: Australia

But there is no theme, the brand is UGG Australia

Thank you to anyone who knows and answers,

stuff4divas

@stuff4divas thanks for letting us know about this. We'll get it reported. You can also send reports about item specifics to sdsupport@ebay.com if you find anything else that seems odd. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 18 of 88
latest reply

Ugh this is part of the reason I have been selling here less.  It is bad enough eBay can't setup the IS correctly.  Now every so often they shuffle them and it breaks listings.  I don't think the site designers realize sellers don't have time to fix the designers shoddy workmanship.

Message 19 of 88
latest reply

This question should be an easy one for the Community Team. With the recently announced retirement of the Power Seller status (effective June 20th), what is the fate of the 2 Power Seller Community Discussion Boards? 

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 20 of 88
latest reply

Been meaning to post this but missed a couple of chats

eBay really needs to fix a couple of things in the labels process.

Most important, when you to print a label it does not default to the shipping you have specified in a listing. I have never, because they are too small, used International flat rate though that’s what comes up. I specify International Priority and put in the package specs, which are always larger than any flat rate offering from the PO. Yet, look what I get as default. And the service I choose is way down the list.

glasser_0-1620850627116.png

When I packed the item, I needed to adjust the weight. When I recalculated I got eBay standard as the default. I don’t use eBay standard. (I you want to know why see here: Problems with eBay International Standard Shipping - The eBay Community)

glasser_1-1620850627134.png

If I selected standard, I would be overcharging my customer for shipping and committing to a longer arrival time. I get that eBay would like me to use standard but I choose not to and don’t think it should default to that method if I have not selected it.

My other comment is that in the new system to see what someone paid, I know have to click to expand a window. My general UX comment is you have added a click where one wasn’t there before you have failed UX 101. That information is very handy when you sell internationally, and  like the case above, may have to make adjustments in packaging for international shipping.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 21 of 88
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  What about being able to list variations within sport cards?

Message 22 of 88
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Also nice to see eBay is still allowing the continued fee avoidance with the seller I reported.  Still at a solid 80K listings.  Sure would be nice if eBay consistently followed their policies.  I get you can't discuss the actions, but I also have more than a single digit IQ on most days.  Pretty sure if eBay actually did something about this egregious policy violator said listings wouldn't be in the wrong category still.

Maybe, ebay like myself, does not see the problem.   The few things I looked at were all in the motherboards category and would incur the common FVF for store subscribers.   So where is the fee avoidance?

Message 23 of 88
latest reply

Credit where due...a big Thank You to the Packing Slip/Coded Coupon team for the addition of the ability to print out a coded coupon directly on the new packing slip , or as a stand alone insert. Sent my first one yesterday. Very happy with it!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 24 of 88
latest reply

AGAIN, sending a reminder about adding combine shipping to ebay's app, lost 2 more sales so far this month and a couple last month.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 25 of 88
latest reply

@alcoforever  Computer motherboards is one of the lowest fee categories.  Many of these items are not computer motherboards.  That first item in the picture is a digital surface thermometer which would belong in:

Business & Industrial > Test, Measurement & Inspection > Test Meters & Detectors > Thermometers & Temperature Measurement

That category would be paying 11.7% instead of the 6.55% the motherboards category pays.  They would be saving 5.15% in FVFs by listing in the wrong category.

Message 26 of 88
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Don't know if this is a glitch or what.......but might be worth looking into ...... the Shipping in the offer.........  The seller is from PA, as am I.  I do have a PO Box but PO's  are not excluded according to the shipping page on this item..........Screenshot (129).png

HI @dhbookds - this isn't the first report I've seen of this happening today, both reports are with PO Boxes which is interesting too. 

I don't have any formal tech issue opened for this so I'll make a report and get it sent their way. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 88
latest reply

Just a observation - the change from "fast & free" designation to "Free X day shipping" on a search page reads terribly. The first time I saw this on a search I was doing - my first thought was "this seller won't even send this out for 4 days - probably due to the still misunderstood MP delay time in money arriving in their bank account". Not "Hey, I should have this in 4 days". It wasn't until I saw one of my own listings with this same verbiage that I realized what was going on.

In addition it does not seem to be uniformly done. Some listing will still show "Fast& Free", others the "Free X day shipping" with no rhyme or reason.  The shipping time does not make any sense, either. My own listing says "4 Day Shipping" to my own zip code, but ones from 500 miles away say three days.

This is what I see when I limit items to my user ID:

Screenshot_2021-04-28 Items for sale by glgenterprise eBay.png

This is what I see when I search by a part number for all sellers:

Screenshot_2021-04-28 20922513 eBay.png

______

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 28 of 88
latest reply

Thanks Tyler.........doesn't bother me as I wouldn't take the offer anyway (I was researching mine when I looked at this one)........but would not want to think offers of mine were going out this way.......

-----

Edit: a reply to your comment can be found here

Message 29 of 88
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

Refunds on ‘Item Not Received’ cases

After the last tracking scan, do we have 7 days to wait before having to refund?

My situation: Buyer paid 4/30, Acceptance scan 4/30. Buyer opens INR case 5/11, there is a May 12, 2021, 9:28 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility scan, today. Case says I have to ‘take action by 5/14’

Once I upload the tracking to show this latest scan, do I have 7 more days from the last scan date before having to refund? That is my interpretation taken from this link>

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/helping-buyers-items-not-received?id=4116

Refund the buyer: The buyer will get a full refund, including the original shipping costs. Choose this option if you don't have tracking details from one of our integrated shipping carriers showing the item was delivered to the address on the order, or showing the package has been in transit without movement for 7 days or more.

Thank you!

stuff4divas

@stuff4divas - Great question! We do have the option to delay the case resolution if the item is still in transit in some cases. In order to look at the specific options for this particular case, I would recommend contacting customer service.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 30 of 88
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: