cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 20 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! We hope to see you today at 1 PM PT for the Weekly Chat with the Community Team. Bring any general buying and selling questions you might have to discuss slight_smile

Message 1 of 109
latest reply
108 REPLIES 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon, everyone! The chat is now open for replies.

Message 2 of 109
latest reply

What I would like to suggestion for consideration that in the seller hub and specifically in the tasks section can eBay give us a link telling us that these listings are set to renew as GTC listings within the next 24 to 48 hours, and then the link takes us to a page showing only those listings? Sellers can then end the listings or edit them with updated info, or do nothing.

I realize the seller hub already has a link for listing ending today and I guess I want 24 or 48 hours heads up to show in the tasks section as many sellers are saying they will need to do this almost daily.

I also understand using active listing page and sorting by different time frames that will allows us to gather similar sets of listings for changes.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 109
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any chance all the GTC posts could be combined into 1 thread and monitored so that every one does not start a new one?

Message 4 of 109
latest reply

Thank you for the improvements to Item Specifics data entry!  It did not go unnoticed. Easier and faster for some entries, especially the Language Item Specific.

Could we have a chat topic on the announced change re Item Specifics and the Product Catalog in the future?

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 109
latest reply

Promoted Listing question: I understand that if a buyer looks at my PL and then buys that item within 30 days, I'll be charged a PL fee (which is true even if the buyer actually makes his purchase from the non-PL version of my listing. I get that, no problem. What I'm wondering is this: I revise my listings from time to time and that can include revising the PL fee I've chosen (sometimes up, sometimes down) Which PL fee am I charged : the fee in place at the time the buyer first looked at the PL listing, or the fee at the time of purchase?
Message 6 of 109
latest reply

Any update on a fix for the broken bell notification on the Community Boards? Is a fix for this still an eBay Priority?
Message 8 of 109
latest reply

Hi,

Buyers can not make repeat purchases in a 30 day period using the cart - only buy it now is available. This means they can not make multiple purchases without paying duplicate shipping - full shipping on each item.

I was wondering if, with the shift to all GTC listings, if this might be on the list to be changed, since this will now impact even more items?

thanks,

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 7 of 109
latest reply

I'm sure eBay keeps track of how many people have spoken up for or against the GTC requirement. Please report those numbers.

Message 9 of 109
latest reply

I see on the Announcement Board that ebay is running a make offer test (BTW, thanks for actually announcing it, rather than letting us guess about what is going on). The new test allows select buyers to choose the durations of their offers: rather than the default 48 hours, they can choose for their offer to be good for 12, 24, or 48 hours. I can see the value in this, and will be interested in seeing how it works out. My question is: If I receive a 12 hour offer from a buyer, do I have a choice of duration for my counter offer? Or will my counter offer be the standard 48 hours? (I'm guessing the standard 48 hours, but that's just my guess.)
Message 10 of 109
latest reply

I saw Brian's Update to Harry's Update on the GTC issue. Any update on an ETA for the other feature Harry mentioned, a column in Seller Hub's Active Listings section that would give us a count for our listings? Harry said: " By the end of March, we’ll do the math for you and will show you the number of days each listing has been active. " Is this still on track for the end of March? Also, I believe in the original update, we were told that the ability to Make Offers to buyers from Seller Hub would roll out gradually this month and be available to all of us by the end of the month. Is that also on track? I know some people have received it, but I'm not yet one of them. I'm looking forward to both these features.
Message 11 of 109
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any chance all the GTC posts could be combined into 1 thread and monitored so that every one does not start a new one?

Hi @papermoneyforme, while we may create specified boards for related announcements initially, the Community is free to begin new conversations as they see fit beyond that time. Centralizing discussions has pros and cons, particularly as the length of the conversation grows. Allowing new discussions to pop up and grow or fade naturally serves the Community best in most situations.

Message 12 of 109
latest reply

GTC: We know that GTC listings are treated like 30 Day FP listings for purposes of the "Ending Soonest" search order, that is, as they near the end of their 30 day cycle, they rise in Ending Soonest. Does eBay also treat GTC listings like 30 Day FP listings for watchers? To be clear: I believe with 30 Day FP, a watcher receives a reminder that the listing is about to end as the end date approaches. As a GTC listing nears the end of its 30 day cycle, does a watcher receive a similar notice? (I think there is some confusion about this, with some sellers believing that a GTC listing is a "permanent" listing with no end date. Wouldn't it be more accurate to describe it as a 30 Day FP listing that ends at the end of Day 30, and then renews automatically? (I do realize that time frame may change, depending on ebay's solution to the billing sync issue plays out, but that's a couple months in the future)
Message 13 of 109
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

What I would like to suggestion for consideration that in the seller hub and specifically in the tasks section can eBay give us a link telling us that these listings are set to renew as GTC listings within the next 24 to 48 hours, and then the link takes us to a page showing only those listings? Sellers can then end the listings or edit them with updated info, or do nothing.

I realize the seller hub already has a link for listing ending today and I guess I want 24 or 48 hours heads up to show in the tasks section as many sellers are saying they will need to do this almost daily.

I also understand using active listing page and sorting by different time frames that will allows us to gather similar sets of listings for changes.

Good Luck Selling!

Hi @goodluckselling - I can definitely pass your suggestion to the Seller Hub folks! I'm sure they'd also love to hear from you, if you use the 'Comments?' link in the upper right hand corner you can send them any thoughts you have on other improvements or features you'd like to see in the future. 

As you note, you can see that now within the Overview section, or by sorting your active listings by Time Remaining, but more places with this info never hurt. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 109
latest reply

It was explained to me that the service metrics compared us to peers selling similar items at similar prices in similar categories. In my category however, that does not appear to be the case. Big ticket item sellers are being compared to high volume low priced item sellers leaving us at a serious disadvantage, almost ensuring at some point many of us will be paying penalty rates simply for selling high quality and high priced items.  

This is easily confirmed by the fact that the service metrics show INR claims significantly higher then SNAD return rate. That is not something you would expect to find on big ticket item sales comparisons, but rather where low value items are too cheap to be worth returning and too cheap to be worth buying tracking! How ebay can call feedback manipulating $3 item sellers shipping with a postage stamp my peer simply makes no sense! There is no way sellers with an average of selling price over all of $266 at high volume would have more INR's then SNAD returns. Can someone please look into this and see if it is a glitch or error?

Message 15 of 109
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: