cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 13 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! We hope to see you here today at 1 PM PT for our Weekly Chat with the Community Team. Bring your general buying and selling questions for discussion slight smile

See you soon! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: Community Chat, March 13 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler, Yes, yes I'm hopeful to, but then, I'm just a cockeyed optimist who likes to believe if ebay promises something , they'll deliver. Do you think you could check into this, and get back to us? I'm sure a lot of people would like some sort of status report.
Message 46 of 93
latest reply

Thanks Tyler. I hope to hear some good news about this in the Spring Seller Release.
Message 47 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@desertboss wrote:

I'm not sure how to really get this info out to eBay especially buyers. But there are sellers on eBay selling vehicle tires without providing the DOT manufacturer code.

(quote shortened)

This was brought up 2 months ago if you want to read the reply:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Jan-16-from-1-00-pm-PT-Gene...

Message 48 of 93
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Last year at eBay Open Mohan Patt promised sellers that by 2019 (I think he said Q1, which is coming to an end in a few weeks), sellers with employees would have the ability to provide employees with limited access to the sellers account, so that the employees could do more without actually being privy to all the account info. This was greeted with much applause by sellers, many of whom had been asking for this tool for years. Since then, I'm hearing....nothing. Is this still in the works? For Q1? For Q2? Or...what?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I remember that, it was a really exciting announcement! 

I also have not heard any updates on this as a roll-out, though I'm hopeful that we'll see this as a feature in the future.

I think this should be a priority before eBay opts any sellers into managed payments.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 49 of 93
latest reply

Thanks for getting back to me Tyler. Sellers will continue to believe whatever they want to in the absence of any data from eBay. It's a shame you can't provide at least some rough idea, transparency would be good here, but, if your hands are tied, they're tied I guess.
Message 50 of 93
latest reply

ebay and Sales Velocity: Wouldn't a better negotiated rate with USPS help with sales velocity? App sites competing with ebay have negotiated these, why not ebay? The easier and cheaper it is for us to ship, the more time we can devote to sourcing and selling. Also, in this regard, what is going on with the ebay shipping supplies store? I remember when it first opened, ebay was asking us what size boxes we wanted to see, etc. A lot of people were pretty enthusiastic about it. But last I looked the selection had diminished yet again. I'm fine with shipping supplies that help brand ebay, but you guys provide an ever diminishing selection for me to choose from.

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques, while I'm not to familiar with how shipping rates work on other apps, I can say that we do work to negotiate rates for eBay labels. 

The Shipping Supplies Store does take seller feedback into consideration, as well as which items sell well. I don't know what the future plans are for shipping supply options, but I can pass along your feedback!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 51 of 93
latest reply

I'm a little confused about the status of Terapeak. I'm a long time subscriber, but was happy to drop that in favor of the free subscription that comes with my store. However, the free Terapeak (and I'm happy for it, don't get me wrong) is a stripped down version of the old Terapeak. Obviously, I figured they would drop Amazon data once you guys bought the company. I get that. And I gather they are saying that some former features have been (or will be) incorporated directly into Seller Hub. So my question is: ebay sellers who don't get the free Terapeak can still purchase it. I assume they are buying the same thing we are getting for free? Is that correct? And, is there a way to pay for a more robust version, similar to the old Terapeak? Or is this now the only version available? Also, will there be a Terapeak app available for smart phones? Apps are usually easy to use than the browser version on a phone?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - the standalone subscription of Terapeak is the same as you would receive with the store subscription. There aren't any different levels to the service at this point in time. 

No word on an app at this point in time, but I'll keep my ear to the ground and let you know if I hear anything!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 52 of 93
latest reply

I enjoy the Volume Pricing tool.  We were told last year that in January of 2019 we would be able to use this tool on Variation Listings.  Is there any update to when it may arrive?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 53 of 93
latest reply

trinton, Just want to say, I agree with buyselljack2016 on this. I hope ebay can get this taken care of quickly.
Message 54 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Concerning Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro

When Seller Hub was coming in were we not told that these would go away as well as TL?

What is the situation with these?

Hi @papermoneyforme, while many of the features of Selling Manager/Selling Manager Pro are included in Seller Hub, they have not gone away to my knowledge. You can check out more details on these tools here and let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns about the features they provide.

Message 55 of 93
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@mg152 wrote:

I feel like all FB should be done away with. Feedback is a dinosaur these days and some buyers get really angry if they don’t get FB in the first 30 seconds after they buy. The whole FB system is obsolete 

How would a buyer vet their seller before choosing where to purchase?????

I think ebay having a method for a buyer to supposedly "vet" a seller gives people the impression that ebay can't be trusted.  The MBG is there for problems.  I agree feedback needs to go.

Message 56 of 93
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Hi, what is the actual date when we will no longer be able to access the shorter duration listing cycles and ALL listings get changed to GTC sitewide? Also, will our current active listings AUTOMATICALLY change over or will they ACTUALLY END first so we can make any necessary changes to a listing before it gets the GTC designation upon a relist or sell similar? Thanks

Hi @ekmadonna - no word on an official implementation date.

Your listings will not automatically change over to GTC (unless you have automation rules in place). They will end and when you go to relist the only option for duration would be GTC.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 57 of 93
latest reply

Mr Lincoln, Niether one of us has polled all the sellers. I respect your opinion as well, just don't agree with it. That's known as "we'll just have to agree to disagree".
Message 58 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mg152 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @mg152 - hoping your fur baby heals quickly! Spoil her a bit for sure. 🙂

I will try but they are already pretty spoiled. I’ll give you an example, for dinner the dogs had homemade dog food I made them with ground chicken, turkey, rice and various veggies. Hubby had frozen pizza he cooked himself. Lol!! 

I used to make the same thing for my friend's dogs, @mg152! I'm still their favorite "uncle" heart_eyes

Message 59 of 93
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Concerning Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro

When Seller Hub was coming in were we not told that these would go away as well as TL?

What is the situation with these?

Hi @papermoneyforme, while many of the features of Selling Manager/Selling Manager Pro are included in Seller Hub, they have not gone away to my knowledge. You can check out more details on these tools here and let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns about the features they provide.

Hi Trinton, I know they are still there. I was asking if they ARE going away some time in the not too distant future, the same as TL is supposed to?

Message 60 of 93
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: