cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, July 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close the thread from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will work review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Community Chat, July 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

I registered for MP a few weeks ago. Last week I got a request saying my bank information needed to be verified. Okay. So I uploaded a printed form from my bank for setting up direct deposit. It has my name (identical to my registered name on eBay), the bank name, account type (checking), account #, routing #, bank address, and a copy of a voided check. 

Now 5 days later, I'm back at square one with the red message at the top of my pages saying I need to verify my bank information but with no feedback as to what the problem is or what else I might need. I uploaded the same form again hoping that it will get approved this time.  If it doesn't, I don't know what other information to give.

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

Last week, ebay made either an unannounced change to the Packing Slip layout or began running a test for a new Packing Slip. A few questions:

1. Some sellers have worked hard to personalize their Packing Slips, and overnite: poof! all their work went up in smoke! We've been promised there would be announcements when ebay makes changes that effect people so dramatically, but , once again, NO advance notice. Why on earth was this not announced in advance?

2. I'm sure there are workarounds sellers can use in order to send out more personalized packing slips, but they really shouldn't be necessary. Jordan has talked a lot about how unique ebay sellers are, how one size doesn't fit all, and yet here we have a clear effort to impose a relentless uniformity . I know you guys don't usually answer "why" questions, but I'll ask: WHY? Why did anyone at ebay thinking REDUCING our ability to personalize the packing slip would be a good thing? Maybe you can ask the Shipping team for an explanation. This is just one more example of ebay taking away the sort of personalization that small sellers can and should bring to ecommerce.
Message 17 of 51
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

I'd like to suggest adding something a little more noticeable in listings regarding combined shipping. Like right next to the shipping price by the picture.

I can't imagine too many people click on the shipping tab, and even those that do might miss it since it's just a little green blurb there.

Hi @carlqsportscards - interesting idea! Do you mean the little blurb that says 'Seller offers combined shipping'? or the more detailed item on the shipping tab that says something like 'Shipping $X, each additional $Y'?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 51
latest reply

Message 13 of 6?

That's still not fixed?

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

Since it's July......I presume no Summer seller updates?  Any ideas on a fall one? 

Hi @dhbookds, any seller update will be announced on our Announcement Board. The Community Team wouldn't be the ones to communicate this first, nor would we be able to provide a teaser for potential announcements. I can recommend you keep an eye on the Announcement Board for any future updates 🙂

Message 20 of 51
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Rockstar
@vrykalak wrote:

Someone mentioned last time that there was a special coupon given to store owners for an extra discount on shipping supplies. 
I didn't receive such a coupon.  Were certain store owners excluded?

Well it is a little too late as the coupon is expired now.  But if it helps, some got the email only in My Messages and others only got it directly to their email address.  I don't remember anyone saying they got it to both.  It also had the words "Thank you" in the subject line, so it was easy to miss and think it was just a marketing thing.

---

Thanks, In that case, I did receive it, and used it. 
So now my question is: 
Aren't store owners supposed to have a $25 discount every three month's anyway? How do I find THAT to use it?

A basic store would get a $25 coupon each quarter.  Today is the start of the 3rd quarter.

Your coupon is located in your Subscriptions Link.

Go to Manage My Store.  Then on the left click on Subscriber Discounts.

Shipping Coupons 1.JPG

Shipping Coupons 2.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

Since I've used the Seller Hub, which is a long time, the link in the Orders box for the Resolution Center has never been accurate.  It always shows zero even when there is an open return request, INR, UID, cancellation, etc.

After all this time I think it is reasonable to think this line would be functioning.  Any ideas if Ebay intends on fixing it or just leaving it the way it is, which isn't helping at all.

Hi @mam98031, happy to dig into this and work with our Seller Hub/Tech teams to investigate. Can you send us some screenshots of what you are seeing in Seller Hub and the Resolution Center to the Community email address? Thanks in advance!

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
Doesn't look like I will be selling here much longer, but I figured I would check to see if there was an update on why listings were loading weird on Firefox. Also searches have not been loading right consistently either I have noticed. Done all the clear cache and cookies troubleshooting already.

What you are experiencing with search right now may have something to do with the recently announced changes to how listings are displayed in search. 

eBay Makes Search More Efficient Through Personalization
Jun 23, 2020

eBay introduces Best Match to personalize buyers’ search feeds.

https://tech.ebayinc.com/product/ebay-makes-search-more-efficient-through-personalization/ 

20200701_151659302.jpeg

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

what is the matter with the chat board?

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:
Doesn't look like I will be selling here much longer, but I figured I would check to see if there was an update on why listings were loading weird on Firefox. Also searches have not been loading right consistently either I have noticed. Done all the clear cache and cookies troubleshooting already.

@gwzcomps Trinton reported this when it was brought to our attention. We don't have an update on the progress of this yet.

Ok thanks for the update.

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

what is the matter with the chat board?

It appears to be normal again, finally moved from message 20 of 9

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

@wheredidiputthatremote wrote:

Howdy, and Happy Wednesday Blues -

Regarding managed payments.  So - my biz checking has been verified - but in my Seller Hub on the Payments Tab there is just a mere vague statement that says "we'll notify you in Late July when we're ready for you".  Do you have a more accurate ETA for MP to kick in?

@wheredidiputthatremote I don't have a specific date on when your account will moved to managed payments. You can go to this page and select 'Have us call you' at the bottom of the page and a member of our payments team will contact you and be happy to help you further 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 27 of 51
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Since I've used the Seller Hub, which is a long time, the link in the Orders box for the Resolution Center has never been accurate.  It always shows zero even when there is an open return request, INR, UID, cancellation, etc.

After all this time I think it is reasonable to think this line would be functioning.  Any ideas if Ebay intends on fixing it or just leaving it the way it is, which isn't helping at all.

Hi @mam98031, happy to dig into this and work with our Seller Hub/Tech teams to investigate. Can you send us some screenshots of what you are seeing in Seller Hub and the Resolution Center to the Community email address? Thanks in advance!

OK, but this can't possibly be a new issue.  It has been this way all along on the Seller Hub.

7.JPG

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

Gottit. Thanks.
I tried that link a couple of days ago, and it didn't work.
Now it does.
Message 29 of 51
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:
Gottit. Thanks.
I tried that link a couple of days ago, and it didn't work.
Now it does.

You are welcome.  

A couple days ago there would not have been an available coupon.  Today is the first day of the new quarter.

Message 30 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: