cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Jan 3rd @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please join us today at 1 pm Pacific today for our weekly chat with the Community Team. We don't have a set topic for this week, so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions.

The thread will open for replies at 1 pm and will remain open for one hour.

See you then! slight_smile

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Anonymous
Not applicable

The chat is now open! Looking forward to talking to everyone here in the New Year 🙂

Message 2 of 97
latest reply

Happy New Year Everyone. Hope you had a great holiday. I won't talk about mine...between flights and the flu.

Question. Have you heard recently of any problems with uploading photo's when responding to messages? I have never had a problem until this morning when I couldn't get a picture to attach. It was like all my other pictures. No real difference in size. It just wouldn't upload.

Message 3 of 97
latest reply

I carried a parcel to the post office, stood there while they scanned it, and got a receipt.

No, 20+ hours later,  it still doesn't show as having been scanned or accepted.

I'm concerned because, if it didn't get scanned yesterday, I'll be liable for a late shipping defect...or at least be in danger of losing my TRS status.

Living in the middle of nowhere as I do, I often have packages delivered "late" even though they were sent "on time." So being sure I get credited for when I turned the package in is important.

I called eBay to ask about that, and they said if it doesn't show up on the USPS site as having been scanned yesterday, the defect is unappealable! because they can only go by what the computer says.

I said I have a receipt showing exactly when it was scanned at the PO. The agent says it doesn't matter. If the computer says it's late, I'm stuck with the defect.

Does that make sense? Has that happened to anyone else?

Message 4 of 97
latest reply

I brought this up several weeks ago.  At the time it was sort of passed over as not a big issue.

It is important to me and it is important to follow the rules, both by ebay and by the seller.

I have a blocked buyer list and I don't use it willy nilly.  I added a buyer to the list when it was apparent to me that they didn't like the way I do business or they were costing me money.

That buyer then immediately turned around and purchased using a guest account.  I knew it was the same guy because of the address and name. 

In another instance, I put a buyer on my blocked bidder list and he later  purchased with a guest account and then immediately registered the account as a regular user.  However, it again was easy to see that it was the same guy based on zip code, the name he used and the user name he chose (closely matched the other name I had blocked)  This user then tried to use feedback extortion on me to get a partial refund and when I refused, he left me negative feedback.  (It was removed)

But my question is:   Is the blocked bidder list a waste of time if these guys can buy anyway? And what actions can and will ebay take against users that manipulate buying this way?   The first guy didn't do much, but by my count the second guy broke several ebay rules.

I don't trust blocking buyers is doing much good.  What do you think?

Message 5 of 97
latest reply

Is it just me or is it awfully quiet right now? Are you the only one on today Trinton?

@Anonymous wrote:

The chat is now open! Looking forward to talking to everyone here in the New Year 🙂

Message 6 of 97
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

Happy New Year Everyone. Hope you had a great holiday. I won't talk about mine...between flights and the flu.

Question. Have you heard recently of any problems with uploading photo's when responding to messages? I have never had a problem until this morning when I couldn't get a picture to attach. It was like all my other pictures. No real difference in size. It just wouldn't upload.

Howdy @odditiesandantiquities1 - glad to hear you made it in one piece (hopefully at least Smiley Wink)

Can you get me more detail about what happened when you tried to upload photos to the message? Did it upload very small or give you an error? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 97
latest reply

Well I also throw in another issue for you all. Castlemagic was asking about the process of sending messages to customers that an item has been shipped, when the only thing that happened is the label has been printed.

In my case, we can only ship every 3 days. I used to like getting things done ahead, but it was causing problems with my customers, even though I told them the date we were shipping. Now I have to wait to print the labels until the night before.

Can't you consider changing the code to send the message to the customer based on the shipping date not the printing date?

Thanks so much.

Message 8 of 97
latest reply

[eBay chat, follow-up 160928] wish to propose a pagefor people to request system changes. Maybe part of the Community pages. Where people can propose changes to any aspect of eBay, and others can comment, and VOTE on the idea...eBay staff can comment, of course, including saying a request is not feasible, or against policy [must give ref URL]...but no one can remove a request except the proposer!
How can we make this happen?

Message 9 of 97
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vrykalak wrote:

I carried a parcel to the post office, stood there while they scanned it, and got a receipt.

I'm concerned because, if it didn't get scanned yesterday, I'll be liable for a late shipping defect...or at least be in danger of losing my TRS status.

Living in the middle of nowhere as I do, I often have packages delivered "late" even though they were sent "on time." So being sure I get credited for when I turned the package in is important.

I called eBay to ask about that, and they said if it doesn't show up on the USPS site as having been scanned yesterday, the defect is unappealable! because they can only go by what the computer says.

I said I have a receipt showing exactly when it was scanned at the PO. The agent says it doesn't matter. If the computer says it's late, I'm stuck with the defect.

Hi @vrykalak, if you loose Top Rated status due to a late scan but you have proof that it was shipped within your stated handling time we will be able to review this for a manual reinstatement into Top Rated. It can take up to 48 hours at times for our system to update with the carrier information so definitely keep an eye on it and retain the documentation you received from USPS in case it is needed. Additionally, I recommend you discuss your concerns with the service you are receiving with the local management to ensure they are scanning packages as they should be.

Message 10 of 97
latest reply

4 months ago I asked here if eBay team can fix for us this situation:

"

Problem with new Promotions interface.   When you ebay started to farce everybody in Seller Hub interface they changed Promoted Listings interface (nothing bad) and Promotions interface, which is really bad. I understand that people do not like changes, I don't like too. But this is not about just interface. You took our important functionality. I need to be able to have $1 or $2 off from like every $20 customer spend in our store. It wasn't a problem until you took our old interface. Some programmer would like to make life easy and they started from $5 off without any ability to put anything smaller. It was an option "OTHER", which were giving us that option. Now, $5 is the smallest possible. Old Interface New Interface   After more than a month and few calls to Dedicated Support I almost lose my hope anybody even cares about small seller problem. Is there any possibility you will be able to let those programmers know about our situation so they will be able to make that small change for them but crucial change for us?   Thank you very much in advance for your help."

It was a promise to forward it to the appropriate team.

After four months we still with the same interface and I feel like nobody cares about the situation that we couldn't create any new sales for 4 months just continue run the same sale over and over again. Why it is not important for eBay to help us?

Message 11 of 97
latest reply

I sold an item with shipping and local pick up options. Someone bought it as local pick up. After they picked it up they requested it to be marked as paid. When I marked it as paid there were 2 drop down menus with shipping options. If one is marked as local pick up the other must be marked with a shipping option, both cannot be local pick up. As a result I had a no tracking ding and had to call to get it removed. Why?

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 12 of 97
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@golfingaddict wrote:

I brought this up several weeks ago.  At the time it was sort of passed over as not a big issue.

It is important to me and it is important to follow the rules, both by ebay and by the seller.

I have a blocked buyer list and I don't use it willy nilly.  I added a buyer to the list when it was apparent to me that they didn't like the way I do business or they were costing me money.

That buyer then immediately turned around and purchased using a guest account.  I knew it was the same guy because of the address and name. 

In another instance, I put a buyer on my blocked bidder list and he later  purchased with a guest account and then immediately registered the account as a regular user.  However, it again was easy to see that it was the same guy based on zip code, the name he used and the user name he chose (closely matched the other name I had blocked)  This user then tried to use feedback extortion on me to get a partial refund and when I refused, he left me negative feedback.  (It was removed)

But my question is:   Is the blocked bidder list a waste of time if these guys can buy anyway? And what actions can and will ebay take against users that manipulate buying this way?   The first guy didn't do much, but by my count the second guy broke several ebay rules.

I don't trust blocking buyers is doing much good.  What do you think?

Hi @golfingaddict, when a buyer has circumvented your blocked list in an effort to disrupt your selling account we are happy to review and take appropriate action. I recommend you report the buyers behavior for review so we can work to keep the site safe.

Message 13 of 97
latest reply

Are buyer questions/answers no longer being shown on listings when the box is checked to show them, or is it my browser?

Message 14 of 97
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Hi @vrykalak, if you loose Top Rated status due to a late scan but you have proof that it was shipped within your stated handling time we will be able to review this for a manual reinstatement into Top Rated. It can take up to 48 hours at times for our system to update with the carrier information so definitely keep an eye on it and retain the documentation you received from USPS in case it is needed. Additionally, I recommend you discuss your concerns with the service you are receiving with the local management to ensure they are scanning packages as they should be.

Thanks for the comment, but I don't see what the local post office can do other than scan the item, give me the receipt, and throw it in the bin.

Message 15 of 97
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: