cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Jan 24th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi eBay Community! 

Please join The Community Team here for our Community chat hour between 1-2pm Pacific on Wed. Jan 24th. There isn't a set topic this week so feel free to join in and ask your buying & selling questions. 

We'll keep the thread open for an hour, and we'll stay around after the hour is up to ensure we answer all questions. 

Chat then! 

Q_A_Graphic.png

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us, the topic is now open. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 121
latest reply

Items being Relisted without my knowledge problem:

Good afternoon eBay Team:

I hope this finds you well!

I have been experiencing Sold items being relisted on one account here and Unsold items being relisted as duplicates on another account. Thus far I caught most of the duplicate listings but not the Sold item that occurred yesterday, eBay Relisted it and it sold again. I did some research and found numerous threads from last year (below) about this and apparently this has been going on for a very long time. Has eBay made announcements about this issue and are they actively pursuing a permanent fix? I am trying to avoid Canceling orders that never should have happened in the first place.  You don't have to read the threads below but I just wanted you to know they exist ...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-relisting-sold-items/m-p/27087447#M980986

https://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Sold-items-relisted-Active-items-deleted/m-p/2799...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Sold-items-are-getting-relisted-automatically/m-p/2443...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/A-sold-item-got-relisted-by-Ebay-without-my-k...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 121
latest reply

Suggestion 1

Please forward

To the feedback team.

Now that ebay has product reviews where buyers can review the products that they purchase, it is time to allow sellers to have feedback removed if it is clearly a review of the product and not the seller's performance.

Many buyers leave product reviews.  I understand that there is a place for that, but I do not think it is in my feedback.  My feedback is about how  perform, not how a product fits, is made, etc...

Thank you

Message 4 of 121
latest reply

When I called Customer No-Service to ask about the problem printing international shipping labels, I had 3 different agents tell me that the USPS no longer allowed shipping any merchandise internationally.  All used the same exact words, so this was obviously a script.  Who wrote that script and why?  When a problem exists why can ebay never admit they are wrong?

Message 5 of 121
latest reply

Please make it so that only listings in categories VALID for Media Mail can have the Media Mail shipping option.

It’s a widely reported rookie mistake (or intentional fraud). People list darn near anything, then select the cheapest form of shipping. Shoes, boots, purses, computer parts, cell phones…many things are reported here as having been shipped MM. Even worse is the constant competitive disadvantage for sellers in categories for which MM is widely abused, such as magazines.

For ebay, the lost revenue from FVF has to be significant. Consider magazines: Sold stats show almost 250,000 magazine sales in back issues alone. Maybe one in ten magazine listings will specify FC, PM or FedEx. Many sellers offer “free” shipping, but keep prices artificially low by using MM, as shown in their listing details. Make this change, be a hero, and return this lost revenue to your bottom line!! A beautiful side effect is that you’re helping ethical sellers who use appropriate shipping methods in all categories.

I’ll give you just one example of a current magazine lot listing, screen shot below. This seller offers Media Mail or Priority Mail. It’s $22.92 more to ship these magazines (legally) from the seller’s location to mine. Multiply that times a few thousand transactions each month…

Message 6 of 121
latest reply

I have a problem, first time in 19 years for me. I bought a cheap item, I think it was $3.41 from a US seller or so I thought. The item was removed by eBay, has not arrived & I can’t get a refund. I went to Paypal because I couldn’t find the seller on eBay either. I do t think I’ve ever gotten a refund for an eBay purchase though I advise people according to policy. It’s the principle not the $3.41. Also someone used my Paypal CC online, I filed in their resolution center for that one too. There’s no way to escalate my 2 claims, I guess I’ll have to call Paypal but I’m way too busy right now to worry too much about $25 total.

How do I get a refund? Thanks & happy Wednesday! 😀

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 7 of 121
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Items being Relisted without my knowledge problem:

Good afternoon eBay Team:

I hope this finds you well!

I have been experiencing Sold items being relisted on one account here and Unsold items being relisted as duplicates on another account. Thus far I caught most of the duplicate listings but not the Sold item that occurred yesterday, eBay Relisted it and it sold again. I did some research and found numerous threads from last year (below) about this and apparently this has been going on for a very long time. Has eBay made announcements about this issue and are they actively pursuing a permanent fix? I am trying to avoid Canceling orders that never should have happened in the first place.  You don't have to read the threads below but I just wanted you to know they exist ...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-relisting-sold-items/m-p/27087447#M980986

https://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Sold-items-relisted-Active-items-deleted/m-p/2799...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Sold-items-are-getting-relisted-automatically/m-p/2443...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/A-sold-item-got-relisted-by-Ebay-without-my-k...

Hi @mr_lincoln,

We'll need to get some examples from your account(s) so that we can review this fully. We'll contact you via emails to get that information. 

Thanks! 

Message 8 of 121
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@golfingaddict wrote:

Suggestion 1

Please forward

To the feedback team.

Now that ebay has product reviews where buyers can review the products that they purchase, it is time to allow sellers to have feedback removed if it is clearly a review of the product and not the seller's performance.

Many buyers leave product reviews.  I understand that there is a place for that, but I do not think it is in my feedback.  My feedback is about how  perform, not how a product fits, is made, etc...

Thank you

Hi @golfingaddict, happy to pass along this suggestion. While there may still be instances where the buyer's comment on the product reflects the service the seller provided (ie. description was lacking, damaged due to poor packaging, etc.) I think that this is something we can look into!

Message 9 of 121
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/ebay-Logo-Mailers-Being-Discontinued-and-Permanently-Replac...

This topic is of great interest to many on ebay. I brought it up last week, and Brian asked for me to tag him. He just posted on that thread with a non-answer. I am not being sarcastic. This is a serious issue and needs to be addressed.

Message 10 of 121
latest reply

Good afternoon all

Seller hub board has a few posts as well as other boards asking how sellers can switch from old version to new version, many switching to old version & not being able to get back to the new one.

This post has sellers from 10/17 until now 1/18 asking and not one ebay person has responded
Why is that? 
I must say I find that strange that ebay would just stop responding to the sellers or offer any guidance .

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/Opt-in-for-new-version-of-Orders-Page-on-Seller-Hub/td-p/27...

At one time Sandy from ebay was switching people into the new version, now all attempts to @ someone from ebay fails
Is there a way or will there ever be a way for a seller to opt into the new version , No answers are being given 

I never clicked to go back to old version but appears I am in it as my orders say ship within 1 day & not the date like th new one had.

Thanks

Message 11 of 121
latest reply

Why are the bots programmed so well that they can link individual words left when someone is attempting to leave feedback, deeming them to be vulgar, but they are unable to see the words --- sealed---, ---unopened--- , ---whiskey----, bourbon--- in listings where alcohol is being listed---------- and sold daily??????
Why can't the bots detect enough to get human eyes on these listings??

How about the one that said --- 6 "empty" Bottles--- in the title, but are listed as NEW New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item .

And then there is:
Extremeley Rare A. H. Hirsch Finest Reserve 20 year old bourbon Maybe the $3,000 selling price exempts it from being restricted !!!!!!!!

How about:
Empty-034-Weller-12-Bourbon-750ml-see-description
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items).
With this statement:
The value of the item is in the collectible containers, not their contents. * The containers have not been opened and any incidental contents are not intended for consumption.
Does that statement, and many others like that in many listings, exempt them from being restricted ???????

Old Grand-Dad Grandad Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 1965 unopened half pint

Walkers 8 year DeLuxe Bourbon-Trans International Airlines 1/10 pint whiskey
listed as "used" but described as:
Walkers 8 year DeLuxe Bourbon bottled for Trans International Airlines. Very cool historical airline bottling. The metal cap seal is still perfectly intact and has a what appears to be a very faded tax stamp still intact as well.

Blantons Original Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskey ---- NEW

Vintage 1968 VERY OLD FITZGERALD bourbon whiskey BOTTLE in BOX
collectible VERY OLD FITZGERALD barreled in 1960 and bottled in 1968 bourbon whiskey...bottle is still sealed and intact with original seals and stamps and hangtags...even has original outer box.

Van Winkle Bourbon 12yr extremley rare (unopened)

Vintage 1966 Very Very Old Fitzgerald Bourbon 12 years Old Red Velvet Bag
barreled in 1954 and bottled in 1966 bourbon whiskey...bottle is still sealed,

Old Rip Van Winkle Bourbon 12yr extremley rare (unopened)
If you’re a bourbon drinker, you don’t need an explanation. (unopened)

Vintage 1956 1963 Sealed Old Fitzgerald Kentucky Bourbon Whisky Bottle Tax Stamp
This bottle is very collectible and it's not meant for consumption only to be displayed in your mancave or ladycave. Perfect for the holidays! This sealed bottle had always been

RARE 10 YEAR OLD RIP VAN WINKLE BOURBON BOTTLE 2017
100% Authentic unopened 10-year-old Rip Van Winkle collectible bottle from 2017.
Collectible value is in a sealed glass container, not the contents.

Van Winkle Bourbon 12yr extremley rare (unopened)

You are bidding on the collectable value of this unopened, with original contents, bottle.
By bidding you are stating you are over 21 yr of age and can legally obtain this collectable.

Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year Bourbon sealed collectible bottle

Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year Bourbon Sealed collectible bottle. No Reserve

Message 12 of 121
latest reply

Suggestion number 2

Feedback Team

In the newly designed feedback page, there is a lack of description for the detailed seller ratings.   These ratings are shown without information and it is possible that buyers, particularly new buyers, do not get it right

DSRS1.jpg 

In the screenshot you see what happens when you hover over the star for item as described.

That's it, nothing more.

Is 1 the best? Is 1 the worst? Does one mean that it is as described or not as described.

dsr2.jpg

Here is what happens when you hover over the number 5

That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

In the older version of leave feedback there were descriptions for these star ratings and it popped up that it meant something.  The redesigned, although streamlined, does not begin to give buyers the information they need to give correct detailed seller ratings.

Message 13 of 121
latest reply

@dcintennessee wrote:

Please make it so that only listings in categories VALID for Media Mail can have the Media Mail shipping option.

I have to disagree. 
Eligible Media Mail items my be offered for sale under categories that are not normally eligible, like Collectibles.
When I list a collectible book in a "soft" category like Collectibles, eBay gives me a warning screen asking about it before posting the listing. That should be sufficient.

Message 14 of 121
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcintennessee wrote:

It’s a widely reported rookie mistake (or intentional fraud). People list darn near anything, then select the cheapest form of shipping. Shoes, boots, purses, computer parts, cell phones…many things are reported here as having been shipped MM. Even worse is the constant competitive disadvantage for sellers in categories for which MM is widely abused, such as magazines.

For ebay, the lost revenue from FVF has to be significant. Consider magazines: Sold stats show almost 250,000 magazine sales in back issues alone. Maybe one in ten magazine listings will specify FC, PM or FedEx. Many sellers offer “free” shipping, but keep prices artificially low by using MM, as shown in their listing details. Make this change, be a hero, and return this lost revenue to your bottom line!! A beautiful side effect is that you’re helping ethical sellers who use appropriate shipping methods in all categories.

I’ll give you just one example of a current magazine lot listing, screen shot below. This seller offers Media Mail or Priority Mail. It’s $22.92 more to ship these magazines (legally) from the seller’s location to mine. Multiply that times a few thousand transactions each month…

Hi @dcintennessee, I appreciate the screenshot and detailed description! I will get this feedback over to the appropriate teams to review for changes to available shipping options within certain categories. 

Message 15 of 121
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: