cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, February 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on February 12th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome!  Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

*Please note that we're not able to address account-specific queries. Questions regarding your account should be directed to eBay Customer Service.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Community Chat, February 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

when did the 10¢ charge for scheduling the posting of an item start? I know that was true 10 years ago, but there was no charge since then...until last week.

Hi @vrykalak - if you have a store there is a fee of 10 cents to schedule a listing (either fixed price or auction style). That's been the case for several years now. Thanks!

While I don't use this option, the help page doesn't seem to support what describe.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

Tip
You can add up to 12 photos with zoom and enlarge, as well as schedule your listings to start and end at a future date and time, free of charge. If you use the Classified Ad format, scheduling a listing will cost $0.10.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 31 of 56
latest reply

Firefox is supposed to be supported by eBay as per: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

It seems like the site keeps getting more and more buggy on Firefox browsers though. Regardless of what computer I am on, cookies, or updates I am noticing more and more issues. Is there any explanation to what is going on here? Primary issues I am seeing are pages not loading correctly and layouts of listings not looking the same on other browsers.
Message 32 of 56
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

What is going to happen to the coin, currency and bullion sellers when all sellers are forced into managed payments, when they can't use managed payments for payment?

Hi @papermoneyforme - If you're enrolled or invited to participate in managed payments you're welcome to contact that team directly for any information . The Community Team is unable to provide additional information outside of the resources available already. 

tyler@ebay 

Tyler

That is not an answer. Finding out you are shafted after the fact is not acceptable.

We need to know before.

Secrets are not acceptable when it is people's listings and livelihood are involved

Maybe someone should wake the Managed Payments team up

I'm sorry if I missed the whole dialogue on this topic (which seems to have carried forward from several previous threads elsewhere), but couldn't we get the Managed Payments people in here for a Weekly Chat sometime? That might help to clear the air on several nagging concerns. Having to wait until you're either invited or drafted before getting your questions answered seems a little unusual.

Message 33 of 56
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Recently got an offer to have a store free for 2 months. The 2 months runs until April 7th...but the store will renew April 1st. How will that work?  Am I going to be charged April 1st?

Hi @vrykalak - it looks like the terms and conditions state you will need to cancel the subscription during the promotional period in order to not be charged. So if your promo period ends the 7th, you should cancel the subscription before that to avoid any fees. 

To cancel, click on Subscriptions within the account tab of My eBay, then click or Cancel Subscription. 

----

I'm hoping you are correct, but if I DO get charged April 1st (as the email I received implied), how do I get the charge reversed when I close the store before the promotional period ends...but after April 1st?

Message 34 of 56
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Simple question and simple answer requested.

What is going to happen to the coin, currency, and bullion sellers when all sellers are forced into managed payments, when they can't use managed payments for payment?

Hi @papermoneyforme - If you're enrolled or invited to participate in managed payments you're welcome to contact that team directly for any information . The Community Team is unable to provide additional information outside of the resources available already. 

tyler@ebay 

Tyler

That is not an answer. Finding out you are shafted after the fact is not acceptable.

We need to know before.

Secrets are not acceptable when it is people's listings and lively hood are involved

Hi @papermoneyforme - that's the simple answer I have to provide you, namely that I'm not able to discuss managed payments questions outside of what's available.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 35 of 56
latest reply

I got one today too. Asking if I’m still interested in an item I stopped watching only a few hours earlier. If I stopped watching it, seems like that should be indication that I’m no longer interested. If we get too many irrelevant messages from ebay, we tend to stop taking them seriously and could miss one that really is important. I noticed that “still interested” just started today, if that helps to add to the report to marketing.

Message 36 of 56
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

when did the 10¢ charge for scheduling the posting of an item start? I know that was true 10 years ago, but there was no charge since then...until last week.

Hi @vrykalak - if you have a store there is a fee of 10 cents to schedule a listing (either fixed price or auction style). That's been the case for several years now. Thanks!

While I don't use this option, the help page doesn't seem to support what describe.

Tip
You can add up to 12 photos with zoom and enlarge, as well as schedule your listings to start and end at a future date and time, free of charge. If you use the Classified Ad format, scheduling a listing will cost $0.10.

Hi @mam98031 ! The page you link to is for members that don't have a store subscription, and to that point you are correct that scheduled listings don't cost extra (for folks without stores). 

If you do have a store subscription the page I linked to is the best resource for what services cost and what fees to expect. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 37 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gwzcomps wrote:
Firefox is supposed to be supported by eBay as per: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

It seems like the site keeps getting more and more buggy on Firefox browsers though. Regardless of what computer I am on, cookies, or updates I am noticing more and more issues. Is there any explanation to what is going on here? Primary issues I am seeing are pages not loading correctly and layouts of listings not looking the same on other browsers.

Hi @gwzcomps, what version of Firefox are you using? Have you tried clearing your cache & cookies? I use Firefox all day and have not had any issues, so want to see what might be going on. As much detail as you can provide would be best for us to investigate this further, along with screenshots if you have them. 

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:
@vrykalak wrote:

Recently got an offer to have a store free for 2 months. The 2 months runs until April 7th...but the store will renew April 1st. How will that work?  Am I going to be charged April 1st?

Hi @vrykalak - it looks like the terms and conditions state you will need to cancel the subscription during the promotional period in order to not be charged. So if your promo period ends the 7th, you should cancel the subscription before that to avoid any fees. 

To cancel, click on Subscriptions within the account tab of My eBay, then click or Cancel Subscription. 

----

I'm hoping you are correct, but if I DO get charged April 1st (as the email I received implied), how do I get the charge reversed when I close the store before the promotional period ends...but after April 1st?

Hi @vrykalak - if you see anything unusual in your invoice about this promotion I would definitely contact CS so they can review and assist you. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 39 of 56
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

I got a message saying the store would renew on March 1st, 

so I assumed it would renew on April 1st, as well. ?.

If that is what they tell, I would go with that.

Stores run from the 1st and anything other than that would be billed for a partial month on your next billing cycle with the full price of a full month.

-----

So, if I didn't cancel before April 7th, I would get a partial month's charge in May.
That would be much better...and it actually makes sense.

Message 40 of 56
latest reply

@krys888 wrote:

I got one today too. Asking if I’m still interested in an item I stopped watching only a few hours earlier. If I stopped watching it, seems like that should be indication that I’m no longer interested. If we get too many irrelevant messages from ebay, we tend to stop taking them seriously and could miss one that really is important. I noticed that “still interested” just started today, if that helps to add to the report to marketing.

Hi @krys888 - thanks for this detail, I appreciate it and will add it in with @wooden_flower's! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 41 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a_c_green wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

What is going to happen to the coin, currency and bullion sellers when all sellers are forced into managed payments, when they can't use managed payments for payment?

tyler@ebay 

Tyler

We need to know before.

Secrets are not acceptable when it is people's listings and livelihood are involved

I'm sorry if I missed the whole dialogue on this topic (which seems to have carried forward from several previous threads elsewhere), but couldn't we get the Managed Payments people in here for a Weekly Chat sometime? That might help to clear the air on several nagging concerns. Having to wait until you're either invited or drafted before getting your questions answered seems a little unusual.

Hi @a_c_green, definitely something we will continue to look into, though due to the evolving nature of this program and varying account specific details related to promotional sign-up periods, it is challenging to address a lot of questions in a public forum that would be applicable to the general public. We'll work on potentially getting something scheduled with the managed payments team and provide updates here if anything gets planned.

Message 42 of 56
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Tip

Hi @mam98031 ! The page you link to is for members that don't have a store subscription, and to that point you are correct that scheduled listings don't cost extra (for folks without stores). 

If you do have a store subscription the page I linked to is the best resource for what services cost and what fees to expect. Thanks!

Thank you, now I would have never thought this was different for store owners and non store owners.  While that doesn't make any sense to me, thank you for explaining it and I now understand.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 43 of 56
latest reply

Mam...under "Optional Listing Upgrades"
Message 45 of 56
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: