cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, February 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on February 12th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome!  Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

*Please note that we're not able to address account-specific queries. Questions regarding your account should be directed to eBay Customer Service.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Community Chat, February 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alcoforever wrote:

It appears that ebay has relaxed the prohibition on lottery tickets as there are
now over 100 Safeway Monopoly tickets listed. Could you confirm this?

Hi @alcoforever, what you are seeing is a spike in items that violate our listing policies. You can confirm here that lottery tickets are prohibited. We do proactively review the site for potential violations, but depending on the volume of listings to review or potential violations with a higher priority, it may take us a little longer to investigate and take action on what you are seeing. There is also the possibility that something has gotten past our filters; though we work to identify potential violations and are always working on improvements, those that intend to circumvent our policies are also continually working on new ways to list these items. You are welcome to report any concerns you have using the report item option directly in the listing and we will review as soon as we can.

Message 16 of 56
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

Another easy one for you - I do not like getting an 'are you still interested...' email on an item I have reported for a policy violation 😀

Could you suggest to the marketing types to find a way to avoid this? The latest was just an expired food product - not a high value target for removal - so I understand why it hasn't been removed.  But to suggest that i might want to buy it is a bit annoying!

thanks,

Sue

Or when we are just doing research.  I'm not sure how Ebay would determine this, but that is why I typically get the darn emails.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 56
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Simple question and simple answer requested.

What is going to happen to the coin, currency, and bullion sellers when all sellers are forced into managed payments, when they can't use managed payments for payment?

Hi @papermoneyforme - If you're enrolled or invited to participate in managed payments you're welcome to contact that team directly for any information . The Community Team is unable to provide additional information outside of the resources available already. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@khurtz11 wrote:

Are there any plans being made to display the actual price with applicable taxes after an item is searched or at the very list when a bid is about to be placed? I won an auction last week and paid for it and I wasn't shown the price I actually paid with tax until several hours after payment had been submitted. This is extremely frustrating and causing me to look elsewhere for items I would normally buy on ebay. Thanks for listening.

Hi @khurtz11, tax is shown on the checkout page, as this is where a buyer confirms the address they intend to ship their item to. The shipping address is what determines if sales tax is applied and at what rate, and showing this at checkout is the normal experience not only across online marketplaces, but also for purchases made in physical stores. You can read more about paying taxes for items here

Message 19 of 56
latest reply

stores don't run on thirty day calendar. It should renew on the 7th.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 20 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Realized only this week that MP sellers can now use funds from pending payments to front shipping costs. Is this a permanent 'bump-up'?

Hi @mtgraves7984, the Community Team is not able to discuss details of the managed payments program that are not present within our announcements or the Help Pages, but you can contact Customer Service to speak with our managed payments team directly about this question.

Message 21 of 56
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

when did the 10¢ charge for scheduling the posting of an item start? I know that was true 10 years ago, but there was no charge since then...until last week.

Hi @vrykalak - if you have a store there is a fee of 10 cents to schedule a listing (either fixed price or auction style). That's been the case for several years now. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 56
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

when did the 10¢ charge for scheduling the posting of an item start? I know that was true 10 years ago, but there was no charge since then...until last week.

You have a store and stores get charged for scheduling.

Been that way for a long time if you don't use a third party listing tool.

----

Oh, okay. Gottit. It's because of the store.
Where can I read up on what rules change when you open a store?
,..and general guidance on HOW to open a store successfully?

Message 23 of 56
latest reply

@divwido wrote:
stores don't run on thirty day calendar. It should renew on the 7th.

You can go to Manage your Store, then drop down to the bottom of the options on the left side of your screen and select Manage Subscriptions.  There you can find out what day of the month your store subscription renews.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 24 of 56
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Simple question and simple answer requested.

What is going to happen to the coin, currency, and bullion sellers when all sellers are forced into managed payments, when they can't use managed payments for payment?

Hi @papermoneyforme - If you're enrolled or invited to participate in managed payments you're welcome to contact that team directly for any information . The Community Team is unable to provide additional information outside of the resources available already. 

tyler@ebay 

Tyler

That is not an answer. Finding out you are shafted after the fact is not acceptable.

We need to know before.

Secrets are not acceptable when it is people's listings and lively hood are involved

Maybe someone should wake the Managed Payments team up

Message 25 of 56
latest reply

I got a message saying the store would renew on March 1st, 

so I assumed it would renew on April 1st, as well. ?.

Message 26 of 56
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Recently got an offer to have a store free for 2 months. The 2 months runs until April 7th...but the store will renew April 1st. How will that work?  Am I going to be charged April 1st?

Hi @vrykalak - it looks like the terms and conditions state you will need to cancel the subscription during the promotional period in order to not be charged. So if your promo period ends the 7th, you should cancel the subscription before that to avoid any fees. 

To cancel, click on Subscriptions within the account tab of My eBay, then click or Cancel Subscription. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maxoptical wrote:

Hello eBay,

I have my listing set for same day shipping with cut off time of 10:00 AM EST.  I can't figure out how my listings are showing customers I will ship same day if they buy and pay before 5:00PM EST?   I have confirmed my cut off time is 10AM EST.temp ebay 5.JPG

Hi @maxoptical, thank you for the example! I've looked over this listing and don't see any reason why this would be showing the way it is, as you've set up all your selections correctly from what I can see. I'll get this reported to our tech teams and see what might be going on.

Message 28 of 56
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

Another easy one for you - I do not like getting an 'are you still interested...' email on an item I have reported for a policy violation 😀

Could you suggest to the marketing types to find a way to avoid this? The latest was just an expired food product - not a high value target for removal - so I understand why it hasn't been removed.  But to suggest that i might want to buy it is a bit annoying!

thanks,

Sue

Hi @wooden_flower  - thanks for letting me know what you're getting! I'll make sure that marketing is aware. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 56
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

I got a message saying the store would renew on March 1st, 

so I assumed it would renew on April 1st, as well. ?.

If that is what they tell, I would go with that.

Stores run from the 1st and anything other than that would be billed for a partial month on your next billing cycle with the full price of a full month.

Message 30 of 56
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: