cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Feb 7th @ 1pm PT - eBay Guaranteed Delivery

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

We made some updates to eBay Guaranteed Delivery to improve the program for sellers:

• First, using eBay labels is no longer a requirement for the handling time option of eBay Guaranteed Delivery.
  • Second, through June 30th eBay will make it right for your buyer if they receive their item late, even if you miss your handling time or the carrier scans the package late. This means that if a buyer receives their item past the guaranteed date and raises a case, eBay will either reimburse their shipping cost or provide a free return label, buyer’s choice.
  • Also, have you tried out the Guaranteed Delivery bulk editing tool? It shows you which of your listings aren’t yet guaranteed, and how to update them. Use the “Updates” filter on the left to see which listings aren’t meeting specific program requirements, then update them in bulk.

We’re working toward opening up the program to more sellers in the coming months, and will email sellers when it’s time to opt in.

Any questions on eBay Guaranteed Delivery? Join this chat with the Shipping team and let us know.

About this chat:
This chat thread will be open from 1-2pm Pacific on Wed Feb 7th. The thread will close at 2pm, and the eBay team will continue to answer questions after the hour is up if there are questions that we do not get to during the hour. 

The topic of the chat is eBay Guaranteed Delivery - please be aware that off-topic posts will be removed. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us, the thread is now open!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 100
latest reply

Hi Alan
Will there be a chat about the new payment processor? People are upset.
Off topic but important! Thank you!
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 3 of 100
latest reply

Bear with me, this is a wordy question but takes some explaination and background:

For listings which have more than 1 shipping option, which option is used for buyer search results that filter on or offer GD? For example: A listing that offers 2 shipping options: Option 1) FedEx Home Delivery takes 5 days to arrive and costs $10 to ship. Option 2) USPS Priority Mail costs $25 to ship and 3 days to arrive.   I assume the answer is you only use option A for GD search results, correct?   So, if I want this item to offer GD I have to offer Priority Mail as the FIRST shipping option? That raises the effective price of the item by $15 when anyone looks at the default shipping or sorts by price plus shipping.   This example makes it nearly impossible for me to consider GD on any item that has a shipping profile like this.

I think with the GD filter on… it needs to look at all the shipping options available and choose the one that fits GD if it is available in ANY of the shipping options given.   If the GD filter is not on, then the first shipping option should be used in the search and default shipping displayed. This, or some workable variation is needed for those who offer a variety of shipping choices to meet every buyer’s needs and wants. We should not be forced to raise our (default) shipping cost to all buyers to meet a GD filter search! Right?

I always offer a shipping option that could arrive in 2 to 3 days, but it is never the first option because it costs so much more to ship faster except for a limited number of small items less than 1 or 2 pounds. Even in the case of 8 oz priority mail versus first class package this issue applies where first class is less than 1/2 the cost of priority mail. Nobody would even consider my offer for a $5 item with $7 shipping (priority GD2) over the same $5 item with $2.77 shipping (first class GD4 or none) which might make the 4 day GD but certainly not 3 or 2.

Please give us some good news of how you plan to handle this “clash” of lowest price for buyers who don’t care about GD and fastest shipping for those who do care about GD. Other marketplaces handle this issue fairly well with a different flow. I can see no good way to do both in the same listing with the options I have given above. And we certainly can’t create 2 listings for the same item that cater to both situations. eBay does not allow duplicate listings.

Message 4 of 100
latest reply

Is there a sound reason why the second point here---about the June 30th thing---has not been posted to the Announcement Board?
Message 5 of 100
latest reply

The June 30th change: If my item sells with Free Shipping, and the buyer wants to keep it, will ebay still give the buyer a Five Dollar coupon?
Message 6 of 100
latest reply

Why not use the Guaranteed Del Board to announce stuff concerning GD?  or has it been abandoned? 

I put a note over there that this discussion was taking place, but sure discouraging when that kind of thing isn't done by the team/members involved............

Message 7 of 100
latest reply

Under the June 30th change, if my item (sold with calculated shipping) arrives late, ebay will provide the buyer original shipping costs. Will this cost be based on what the buyer paid for shipping, or what I paid (I get the TRS discount)
Message 8 of 100
latest reply

Waving at the team!!!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 9 of 100
latest reply

Under the June 30th change, if ebay recompenses one of my buyers due to late delivery, will I be notified by ebay that they did so?
Message 10 of 100
latest reply

Could you elaborate on the June 30 issue? Is that just for guaranteed delivery?
I have no idea how to get GD on my listings. Thank you!
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 100
latest reply

I tried opting in to the GD program months ago and was told I was on the Waiting List. Do I need to opt in again,or should I just continue to wait for ebay to eventually get around to actually opting me in?
Message 12 of 100
latest reply

When the GD program was first opened up, I saw two common objections from sellers: 1. Some sellers did not want to give up their third party mail label program. To its credit, eBay has apparently now eliminated that objection. 2. Some sellers objected to the "immediate payment" requirement, because they have buyers who often buy multiple items from multiple listings and want combined shipping. Will eBay finally fix check out to that buyers can request an invoice in these situations, or will this objection remain?
Message 13 of 100
latest reply

Hi Patty
Hope you’re doing well! 😀
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 14 of 100
latest reply

While this type of service sounds really, really handy (especially from a buyer's point), what is the REAL draw for a shipper to use it?  It makes zero logical sense to expect a shipping service to be "guaranteed" to deliver on a certain day when dealing with things like natural catastrophes, weird shipping hub delays - or even just weather.  Seriously.

And please do not patronize us with "but eBay promises to take all that into consideration".  Unfortunately, most of us have real life experience with shipping delays beyond our control and eBay's "understanding". 

~M

Message 15 of 100
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: