cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Feb 14th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join The Community Team here today at 1 pm PT for a Q&A Community Chat. We don't have a set topic today, so please come prepared with your buying & selling questions. 

Before our chat, make sure you check out a live video broadcast with Bob Kupbens, VP of B2C Selling and Global Trust. The broadcast will begin around 12:30 PT here, and it will run for about 20 minutes. 

Thanks & talk to you later!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us, the thread is now open for replies. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 102
latest reply

Hey gang, not your normal area, but can one of y'all look at something for me?  One buyer has dropped about 50 or more Negatives on a single seller in the last day or so.  Since only one counts, would it be possible to clear the rest?  They seem to have a vendetta and the seller is too new to know what to do.  Most of the other buyers seem satisfied, with a couple of exceptions.  Seems like there's a policy issue here, but since I'm neither the buyer or seller, CS would not respond.  I can email or PM the Seller ID.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 102
latest reply

Error Message I get when I attempt to access contact info on a sold item with the other person ATTACHED. I end up calling ebay for the info. I go out of my way to try and call a BUYER to bring their non-payment to their attention because it often is simply an oversight on  his or her part. I need this also posted here besides the technical page because contacting the BUYER by phone in an expedient fashion is necessary so that I don't take the shortcut of just opening a case that results in an unnecessary defect on the BUYER's account.ERROR MESSAGE WHEN REQUESTING CONTACT INFOERROR MESSAGE WHEN REQUESTING CONTACT INFO

Message 4 of 102
latest reply

Hello to all the wonderful CSRs that work on this thread.  

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!!!!

Valentines-Day.jpg  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 102
latest reply

Thanks you for providing this forum to address issues
There are FREE National Museum of African American History and Culture up for sale on ebay.
Because of demand the museum has an online form for individuals and families to get the free tickets.
The Museum says in its policies that they are not to be sold.
Ebay was informed in the forums of this practice. Ebay said that individuals may report each individual seller via report item link. That makes it seem if ebay is just tring to get its share of the revenue. Instead of the ebay users reporting can the ebay staff forward this to the correct department and get back to us with what the decision is on the sale of these free tickets that the museum does not want sold?

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 6 of 102
latest reply

This is an ongoing glitch, receiving less than 5 star automatic DSR feedback on Communication and Shipping Time since December, and it was mentioned on the PS Board at that time.

I have received less than the 5 star automatic DSR ratings for Communication, given according to the ebay Seller Protection Policy, several times. I have contacted customer service 5 times FIVE TIMES since December. One of the agents I spoke with removed one of the feedback and DSR ratings, but refused to remove the other 2. Another customer service agent, after I pointed out the glitch and the ebay seller protection policy, said that it is impossible to remove the DSRs and feedback. One customer service agent asked if I checked with my buyer why he/she left that less than 5 star feedback. I informed the agent that it's a big NO NO to ask customers about DSRs and feedback.

With a machine with as many moving parts as Ebay glitches are going to happen. I get that. In order to repair the damage done by glitches, customer service has to be excellent. The level of customer service at Ebay is absolutely unacceptable. In my life outside of ebay, if I had to call a company's customer service 5 times I would never do business with them again. Period.

Can you help fix this, please?

My buying id

Message 7 of 102
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrysylys wrote:

Hey gang, not your normal area, but can one of y'all look at something for me?  One buyer has dropped about 50 or more Negatives on a single seller in the last day or so.  Since only one counts, would it be possible to clear the rest?  They seem to have a vendetta and the seller is too new to know what to do.  Most of the other buyers seem satisfied, with a couple of exceptions.  Seems like there's a policy issue here, but since I'm neither the buyer or seller, CS would not respond.  I can email or PM the Seller ID.

Hi @chrysylys, send Alan a PM with the username and we can take a look at what may be going on. While details aren't able to be shared with you about the accounts of other users, a review can certainly be performed for appropriate action.

Message 8 of 102
latest reply

The Manage Orders Drop Down Menu defaults to Buyer's ID. The easiest thing to recall without needing to do any research is to search by TITLE.  Please consider this.

Message 9 of 102
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

Hello to all the wonderful CSRs that work on this thread.  

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!!!!

Valentines-Day.jpg

Hi @mam98031! Happy Valentine's ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Message 10 of 102
latest reply

Alan, any news on the refurbished mess??

Message 11 of 102
latest reply

Thank you for providing this forum to address issues
Can you please address the length a of time a thread is allowed to be open.
When posting I have received many replys (not always nice) from people who do not know the correct policy, as explained by Alan as 6 months without a reply, and report threads as necrothread when it is an active thread with a reply in the last 6 months. Also threads have been closed in error due to people simply repling necrothread to the message.

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 12 of 102
latest reply

This is from an August 2017 and November threads and still continues to be an issue when searching by XXX miles within item location / zipcode:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/some-of-my-listings-are-appearing-under-international-sellers/...

When I search anonymously / not signed in and use the SEARCH WITHIN xxx Miles option, any zipcode that outside mine shows my listings as International Seller, not United States Seller.

Only in the DEFAULT mode do my listings appear as United States Seller.

When I click on and open a listing, then it does show as United States Seller. But potential buyers are not going to click on the listing if they think it is from an international seller.

Any update on this yet?

Message 13 of 102
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rosevelyn wrote:

The Manage Orders Drop Down Menu defaults to Buyer's ID. The easiest thing to recall without needing to do any research is to search by TITLE.  Please consider this.

Hi @rosevelyn, you can submit this directly to our Seller Hub team by using the "Comments?" link in the upper right corner of the screen. Feel free to direct them to this post so they can see the screenshot you have provided 🙂

Message 14 of 102
latest reply

So, I see Bob didn't have time to share WHEN the seller release will be.

I'm sure he'd appreciate your help in spreading the word............. 

Message 15 of 102
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: