cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Dec 27th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Please join the Community team here at 1 pm Pacific today for our weekly chat. We do not have a set topic for this session, so please feel free to ask us your eBay related buying & selling questions.

The thread will open for replies at 1 pm and will remain open for one hour.

Chat then! slight_smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us today, we hope that you're having a great holiday season. 

The thread is now open for replies. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 67
latest reply

Hi Alan - hope you enjoyed your holidays!

Not sure you can help me - but I wondered if you have a contact for the Litium boards I can talk to. Many threads get a little heated and people have reported them as there is baiting and outright abuse - but the mods, depending who is on, do nothing about removing the offending posts or quieting the anti-Ebay crowd. Then you have a helpful poster who mentions another business - like Walmart and they get a warning.

I'm friendly with a mod who is kind enough to message me as to which threads to avoid as they are baiting many of us - and I pass along the info - but she's not always on - and I'm sorry but I'm sick of the anti Ebay rhetoric all the time. Some of these people were kicked off long ago for a reason - Ebay thought they should give them a second chance - but these boards have become less helpful as people do not want to contend with being challenged everytime they try to address an OP's question. 

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

I have a buyer that claims that something is not quite perfect with an item they purchased.  They said that they do not want to return it but they are demanding a partial refund (about 30% the value)

I said "return for refund" and received an even harsher demand for a refund.

I know that there are not a lot of rules for buyers, but how is this type of behavior viewed by ebay?

PS. my thinking is that if they have a problem with an item, a partial refund is not going to fix the problem and they should return the item for a full refund. 

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

alan@ebay

looks like we should open a cold one as this place is empty.

There have been a couple threads where sellers were not able to bulk edit listing handle time.

This seems to be from using Business policies, and sellers not getting that each shipping policy.

Is an individual policy... I don't use Business policies, and I can bulk edit my listings.

But there was a guy who had 100 different shipping policies.

Message 5 of 67
latest reply

Just curious as to when the external store links are going to be removed from a large toy sellers listings?

There has been a problem for a week with bulk edit period - I've had to physically go into each listing to make changes and relist from my unsolds.

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Not sure you can help me - but I wondered if you have a contact for the Litium boards I can talk to. Many threads get a little heated and people have reported them as there is baiting and outright abuse - but the mods, depending who is on, do nothing about removing the offending posts or quieting the anti-Ebay crowd. Then you have a helpful poster who mentions another business - like Walmart and they get a warning.

I'm friendly with a mod who is kind enough to message me as to which threads to avoid as they are baiting many of us - and I pass along the info - but she's not always on - and I'm sorry but I'm sick of the anti Ebay rhetoric all the time. Some of these people were kicked off long ago for a reason - Ebay thought they should give them a second chance - but these boards have become less helpful as people do not want to contend with being challenged everytime they try to address an OP's question. 

Hi @tunicaslot

The best person to speak with on that topic is me. I work closely with the Lithium moderation team lead to discuss moderation best practices to ensure that we have fair moderation in our Community. 

Please send me a PM with your thoughts on the matter, and I will chat with the Lithium moderation lead to see if tweaks need to be made to our approach. 

Thank you. 

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Just curious as to when the external store links are going to be removed from a large toy sellers listings?

Hi @d-k_treasures, the appropriate teams will take action on this to ensure that no link policy violations persist. I will email you for any issues you are still seeing so I can get this addressed promptly!

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

Thank you - I appreciate it!

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have a buyer that claims that something is not quite perfect with an item they purchased.  They said that they do not want to return it but they are demanding a partial refund (about 30% the value)

I said "return for refund" and received an even harsher demand for a refund.

I know that there are not a lot of rules for buyers, but how is this type of behavior viewed by ebay?

PS. my thinking is that if they have a problem with an item, a partial refund is not going to fix the problem and they should return the item for a full refund. 

Howdy @golfingaddict - while there's nothing against the rules about a buyer requesting a partial refund, in the specific situation you mention we would not require you to issue one. Offerring a return makes sense to me too, especially as they are not happy with the item. 

I know that 'harsh' is a little subjective for everyone, but if the member is vulgar or profane please report them, so we can get it addressed properly.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 67
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

alan@ebay

looks like we should open a cold one as this place is empty.

There have been a couple threads where sellers were not able to bulk edit listing handle time.

This seems to be from using Business policies, and sellers not getting that each shipping policy.

Is an individual policy... I don't use Business policies, and I can bulk edit my listings.

But there was a guy who had 100 different shipping policies.

Hi @sockmonkeydave, I'm happy to clarify. The option to edit handling times in the Bulk Edit tool isn't available for members using Business Policies. They will need to edit the handling time within each shipping policy, which will automatically change the handling time for any listings using the edited policy. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 12 of 67
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Thank you - I appreciate it!

Sure thing! We always want the Community to be a valuable and welcoming place to be. 

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

@tunicaslot alan@ebay

@tunicaslot wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

I am with tunica on this many come here with a chip on their shoulder and just trash ebay.

Then when we try to help they just bash us and ebay.

And tell the mods to cut us good guys some slack.

Message 14 of 67
latest reply

I have a suggestion for an improvement to the Return Process.  More specifically for an INR.

Let's say a buyer files an INR because they have not yet received the item.  In checking the tracking, it is discovered that the package is on it's way back to the seller because it was undeliverable as addressed.

Using the format that is currently available to a seller, there is no way to handle this without having to get Ebay involved.  Some kind of mechansim within the Request would be nice so that a seller could select the reason for an incorrect buyer address and to issue a partial refund [less original shipping, whether free shipping or stated shipping].  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 67
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: