cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, August 7 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on August 7th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a set topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have on buying or selling. 

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread. While no additional questions can be submitted after this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that may still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it with you slight smile

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Community Chat, August 7 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The chat is now open for questions Smiley Happy

I’d like to begin the chat with more information about the Good ‘Til Cancelled fees that were incorrectly charged on some listings. The appropriate teams were engaged quickly, and the issue has been resolved.  Any credits due to impacted sellers will automatically be completed by the end of this week. Since this will be automatically credited, Customer Service will no longer be able to credit these fees if you call in. Please let the automated process complete the credits by the end of this week.

As a reminder, Starting July 1, 2019, we changed the Good 'Til Cancelled renewal schedule from every 30 days to once per calendar month. The August renewal date for Good ‘Til Cancelled listings is now based on the listing initial start date or last manual relist or sell similar date. For more details, be sure to review the Spring Seller Update.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 52
latest reply

I have been in an appeal with eBay for the past couple weeks. I recently sold an iPhone 7 plus to a buyer with a known scamming address (which turned out to be a freight forwarding company, shipping packages out of the US)

-Are freight forwarding addresses allowed on eBay?

-Buyer stated the logic board didn’t work (which it did). eBay forced me to accept the return, which I gladly did.

-As soon as I accepted the return, I had a package shipped to my door the next day that was supposed to be my phone. 

-The buyer had actually dropshipped an amazon package to me containing a tiny package of SIM card tools. It was from an amazon warehouse in KY. Buyer was originally from New Castle, DE

-I went to my local USPS and received a Product Tracking Report, showing the weight of my phone that I shipped the buyer (1lb 2.2oz) vs the package he sent back to me (less than 1oz). eBay declined all my information and sided with the buyer.

-This buyer also has feedback stating that he scammed other people in a similar fashion. I also provided eBay extensive proof for everything. The buyer's address is all over the community forums here as a known scamming address as well as other websites.

I just want to know what you guys do to help sellers that suffer from scams like this? I have provided evidence, the buyer was refunded, my item wasn't returned. What else do you need from me? I want to continue to sell on the platform, and I want to make sure that I do everything I can to help you guys stop buyers like this from taking advantage of people. Based on the evidence I have provided, and the weight of the package, it is clear the buyer is taking advantage of and violating ebay return policies

Any suggestions on this one? Thanks!

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

On a hopefully positive note, I was able to hide my multiple purchases this morning and they have not reappeared.

I am hoping the glitch has been fixed.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

The last active link for the PowerSeller program is no longer working.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SDPowerSeller

Is PowerSeller being dropped or is there a new link that I haven't found yet?

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

File Exchange user's guide last update is dated back to October 2015!!!

Will be ever released an update documentation?

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

When a partial refund is issued for combined shipping discount (at the time of shipment) by a seller in managed payments, does that mean the buyer can no longer return the items for any reason?

"Please note: You can only issue one full or partial refund per order, and the refund option will not be available if there's a dispute or claim open against an item within the order."

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795#section2

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

Okay, so, straight to the important stuff. Is that a new photo?
Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

On a hopefully positive note, I was able to hide my multiple purchases this morning and they have not reappeared.

Hi @papermoneyforme - I'm showing it as resolved too. If there are any recurrences will you tag me so I can get it reported?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coffeebean832 wrote:

The last active link for the PowerSeller program is no longer working.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SDPowerSeller

Is PowerSeller being dropped or is there a new link that I haven't found yet?

Hi @coffeebean832, looks like we need to make some updates; I can currently only find a reference to the PowerSeller program here. I will touch base with our content teams on this matter to ensure related details are publicly available.

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

I am someone who follows ebay policy to the letter. I do everything by the book and cut no corners.

With that said the items I sell are expensive and I tend to get a lot of buyers sending me offers though messages. Any acceptable offer is sent though the appropriate "send buyer an offer" feature by email which obviously allows the buyer to purchase though ebay.

However, many buyers include or try to include contact information. We either reject those or send the offer the appropriate way. But if I reject one how long do I have to wait to cancel a good til cancel listing?

Example. I had a buyer send me an offer to buy outside of ebay. I rejected the offer and told him that is a violation of ebay policy and we could not do such a thing. 3 weeks later the listing renewed and showed it had not had a sale for 16 months. I ended the listing and repriced it since there was a markdown sale and decreasing prices is temporary. Several hours later I get a message from ebay telling me I sold something outside of ebay. That was absolutely false. I called customer support and they read the message where I rejected the buyer, but said they couldn't help me because no action was taken against me, it was just a warning.

How do I end a good 'til cancelled listing where someone sent me an offer? How long do I need to wait to prevent getting such a violation in the future?
Message 11 of 52
latest reply

First of all, thank you very much to @Anonymous and/or whoever else is writing up those end-of-Chat weekly summaries; they are enormously useful for being concise and having all the followup info in one place.

Following up from last week: 

We're coming up on two months now since the latest update (here) on the problem of Shipping confirmation emails having lost all their data in an unexpected revision. As the sale record ages off the eBay site, there is now no permanent record in the seller's email files for later reference. Have you received any more updates on progress towards a fix?

We unfortunately do not have an update on this. We'll bring it up again with the shipping team though.

What have you heard on this, and where are they at in the process of reinventing the confirmation email?

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

My items all ship USPS and I use calculated shipping on every listing.  Some items are Priority Mail only, while others (small stuff) has both a First Class and a Priority Mail option.  My shipping policies are designed this way so that when buyers want to purchase multiple small items together, the Priority option will become cheaper (the First Class option will charge both full shipping amounts, because they will be too heavy to go First Class together).

Since the beginning of June, when a buyer puts multiple of First Class size items in their cart and go to checkout, they are presented with the two shipping options, but the Priority option is showing an outrageous amount.  For example, lets say each item could ship priority for $7 and they can go together for $8; The buyer is being shown $14 in Priority shipping for these two items.  IF they actually select this outrageous amount, checkout will correct itself to the correct $9 amount, but meanwhile the default shipping option is First Class (which in this case would likely be something like $10-$11).

Some buyers will pay the high First Class amount, some will message me to ask why my shipping prices are so high, and I'm betting a lot of people just abandon the cart; to them it looks like I don't combine shipping at all!

Over the last 2 months, I have spoken to CS multiple times, during which the CSR has been able to duplicate this problem easily each time.  Meanwhile, I have been given no answers at all except nebulous promises to "pass it along to the tech/engineering team."  I NEED this to work correctly; it costs me (and I assume others on the site) money every single day it isn't fixed.

Who do I need to talk to about this?  I am happy to have a sit-down and present all the information, screenshots from buyers, etc. that I have to share.  Please, please tell me there is an actionable solution (not just another promise to pass along the info to a team I am not allowed to interact with directly).  Thank you!

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Hi @papermoneyforme - I'm showing it as resolved too. If there are any recurrences will you tag me so I can get it reported?

will do

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a_c_green wrote:

First of all, thank you very much to @Anonymous and/or whoever else is writing up those end-of-Chat weekly summaries; they are enormously useful for being concise and having all the followup info in one place.

Following up from last week: 

We're coming up on two months now since the latest update (here) on the problem of Shipping confirmation emails having lost all their data in an unexpected revision. As the sale record ages off the eBay site, there is now no permanent record in the seller's email files for later reference. Have you received any more updates on progress towards a fix?

We unfortunately do not have an update on this. We'll bring it up again with the shipping team though.

What have you heard on this, and where are they at in the process of reinventing the confirmation email?

Hi @a_c_green, no update yet. As soon as we have more information we will update the previous chat recaps and ensure you are notified slight_smile

Message 15 of 52
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: