cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 9th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join us here for our weekly Community chat at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 8/9. There isn't a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions. 

Don't forget the eBay Guaranteed Delivery webinar that's happening at 11:00 AM on 8/9. 

Register here: http://ebay.yourbrandlive.com/c/ebay-guaranteed-delivery

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone! Welcome to our chat this afternoon. The thread is now open for replies 🙂

Message 2 of 65
latest reply

Geez, if no one else wants to share the love...take this!

heart heart heart

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 3 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llllady wrote:

heart heart heart

heart_eyes

Message 4 of 65
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! Welcome to our chat this afternoon. The thread is now open for replies 🙂

Hello Trinton, Alan, and probably Heidi and Tyler.

I had a question in regards to something my boss asked me about earlier today. I was wondering if there was a listing program through eBay that allows me to import item information directly from our inventory system so as to speed up how long it takes for me to process listing information.

Also, is TurboLister still available at present to be used and if so does it still work the same? I'm starting to come to the realization that my method of just using the quick list format, while convenient, is also very time consuming.

Thanks.

Bigmotormania
Message 5 of 65
latest reply

On August 2, 2017 Weekly Chat I posted (#10)
As a Buyer, I have been having many problems trying to pay for My orders. I have found that Many orders I can't pay with an e-Check, even though PayPal has Normally given me an instant transfer from My account. What I have found out that My checking account is virtually unusable for MOST Sellers at the moment.
Sellers that I have not been able to pay I could pay if I used My card instead of e-Checks. I am Not talking BINs (You stated before that IPR is on all BINS NOW) I am having problems paying for invoices also. Not only that Sellers can't combine orders for me, so I am getting too many packages, not counting the extra postage I am paying.
I have also found that When I pay for auctions that Instead of the shopping cart combining them automatically for each Seller I have won bids,(most with free shipping) on I am paying them Separately. I have had The cart pay for only One item from a Seller and NOT Pay for the other.
I posted here about all My difficulties here...http://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Problems-with-Payments-ALL-MY-PROBLEMS/m-p/27298129#M44...

I am wondering IF You Can Tell Us/Sellers how to Set their payments up so they are able to take e-Checks with Auctions, and why this problem also happening on Auctions. I never had this problem before the "New" cart changes were implemented.
Thank You for answering My question! Smiley Wink Sugar

You answered Post # 83
@imakesugar - how frustrating! From a quick, once over of your post you linked to it seems that PayPal has changed your default from checking account to your debit card. Have you gone through and changed the default back to checking account? If so are you still getting the same errors?

In My post in payments section I wrote: 11) Pay Pal started trying to use My debit card instead of My checking account about July 11, I have my account set to take money out of the checking account first. So why were they using My outdated debit card? (of course, that was rejected) Could that have caused problems? Why did they change the order of My withdrawals for Pay Pal? There has "always" been money in My checking account to Pay for everything I have bought.
allen@eBay.com So, Yes it is set to take the money out of MY account first. As I wrote in the update to the payments link above.
This is what is happening...
I have My Pay Pal account set up to take from My bank account first. I am still getting rejected from Paying for AUCTIONS. ( I do know that IPR is automatically set up for BIN's) I do have a debit card set up now since July 20th. That still does NOT work to use e-checks even with the debit card in place with ALL Sellers. (which it should with a card back-up. )

I do get a notice (when MY E-Check IS rejected. ) something like chose another method of paying. IF I don't choose the card right away It will get rejected. Otherwise, I back up and chose the card and IT has been going through every time.
I do not think I have a problem with Pay Pal I have a problem with eBay.
Kattinsanity wrote: I spent all day Saturday on the phone with both eBay and pay pal. They both told me there was nothing wrong. I finally got a USA eBay rep on Sunday morning. He found a problem with eBay and pay pal. He told me to remove "immediate payment required" on all my BIN listings.

I am pretty distressed by all this... I got many Items not paid for filed against me. The Seller when he says how many times I had tried to pay let me cancel at MY request. Now I have ?? canceled BIDS... Another Seller I could not pay was advised by eBay and me to sent me a bill through My email and that would NOT go through with an e-check but finally went through with a debit card. Since when did they recommend that? I was told that 3 times by BOTH Pay Pal and eBay. The One Seller that I paid and eBay did Not acknowledge that I'd paid sent me the items. It was taken out of My checking account but NOT RECORDED as paid by Pay Pal. ( Not Your problem I am sure)

NOW, How am I going to be able to bid on Auctions when I have those cancellations? It is not on my record yet...maybe it will stay OFF!!

I guess at least this experience has taught me many things about payments now! At any rate, this is No real problem...I can transfer money to my card and pay that way. Just the time to figure it out was time-consuming and problematic. I am an eBay fan, I take the time to work this all out... I don't know If new or occasional buyers would do that! I bet the number of frustrated Buyers will just abandon the cart.
Is there anything about possibly being in a beta TEST? I have been told that.
So back to My original question...
I am wondering IF You Can Tell Us/Sellers how to Set their payments up so they are able to take e-Checks with Auctions, and why this problem also happening on Auctions. I never had this problem before the "New" cart changes were implemented
Thank You again for Your time in answering MY question. Sugar

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

heart heart heart

Thanks for breaking the ice heart

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 7 of 65
latest reply

Why are there still listings with the "See full item description" showing up when using a laptop or PC? 

Obviously, if I clicked on it, I want to read the description. Why would I want to(and why should I have to) click on yet another link and have just the description(and nothing else) show up on another page?

This debacle is going to cause a lot of unhappy buyers - I know I won't be clicking yet again to see what I should be seeing when I go into the listing. I'll just google it and see if another site has it.

Unfortunately, I only buy antiques and such on here, so I have to hope that the same thing is listed on multiple sites.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigmotormania wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Trinton, Alan, and probably Heidi and Tyler.

I had a question in regards to something my boss asked me about earlier today. I was wondering if there was a listing program through eBay that allows me to import item information directly from our inventory system so as to speed up how long it takes for me to process listing information.

Also, is TurboLister still available at present to be used and if so does it still work the same? I'm starting to come to the realization that my method of just using the quick list format, while convenient, is also very time consuming.

Thanks.

Hey @bigmotormania, while TurboLister is still available to those sellers who already have it installed, it is no longer available to download for new users. I recommend you go here to see a list of third party listing tools we recommend. There are a variety of tools that may provide the functionality you are looking for and help you to improve efficiency 🙂

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

I'm wondering how many more major changes are expected for Seller Hub?

I'm still unhappy with so many aspects compared to Seller Manager Pro.  I now have to pull data from other reports to manage my business to get accurate information. 

Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage - Demorestville / Toronto, Canada
Message 10 of 65
latest reply

When will the new Sales Event tool (the one that will actually be combined with the functionality of Markdown Manager) go live?
Message 11 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@imakesugar wrote:

On August 2, 2017 Weekly Chat I posted (#10)
As a Buyer, I have been having many problems trying to pay for My orders. I have found that Many orders I can't pay with an e-Check, even though PayPal has Normally given me an instant transfer from My account. What I have found out that My checking account is virtually unusable for MOST Sellers at the moment.
Sellers that I have not been able to pay I could pay if I used My card instead of e-Checks. I am Not talking BINs (You stated before that IPR is on all BINS NOW) I am having problems paying for invoices also. Not only that Sellers can't combine orders for me, so I am getting too many packages, not counting the extra postage I am paying.
I have also found that When I pay for auctions that Instead of the shopping cart combining them automatically for each Seller I have won bids,(most with free shipping) on I am paying them Separately. I have had The cart pay for only One item from a Seller and NOT Pay for the other.
I posted here about all My difficulties here...http://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Problems-with-Payments-ALL-MY-PROBLEMS/m-p/27298129#M44...

I am wondering IF You Can Tell Us/Sellers how to Set their payments up so they are able to take e-Checks with Auctions, and why this problem also happening on Auctions. I never had this problem before the "New" cart changes were implemented.
Thank You for answering My question! Smiley Wink Sugar

You answered Post # 83
@imakesugar - how frustrating! From a quick, once over of your post you linked to it seems that PayPal has changed your default from checking account to your debit card. Have you gone through and changed the default back to checking account? If so are you still getting the same errors?

In My post in payments section I wrote: 11) Pay Pal started trying to use My debit card instead of My checking account about July 11, I have my account set to take money out of the checking account first. So why were they using My outdated debit card? (of course, that was rejected) Could that have caused problems? Why did they change the order of My withdrawals for Pay Pal? There has "always" been money in My checking account to Pay for everything I have bought.
allen@eBay.com So, Yes it is set to take the money out of MY account first. As I wrote in the update to the payments link above.
This is what is happening...
I have My Pay Pal account set up to take from My bank account first. I am still getting rejected from Paying for AUCTIONS. ( I do know that IPR is automatically set up for BIN's) I do have a debit card set up now since July 20th. That still does NOT work to use e-checks even with the debit card in place with ALL Sellers. (which it should with a card back-up. )

I do get a notice (when MY E-Check IS rejected. ) something like chose another method of paying. IF I don't choose the card right away It will get rejected. Otherwise, I back up and chose the card and IT has been going through every time.
I do not think I have a problem with Pay Pal I have a problem with eBay.
Kattinsanity wrote: I spent all day Saturday on the phone with both eBay and pay pal. They both told me there was nothing wrong. I finally got a USA eBay rep on Sunday morning. He found a problem with eBay and pay pal. He told me to remove "immediate payment required" on all my BIN listings.

I am pretty distressed by all this... I got many Items not paid for filed against me. The Seller when he says how many times I had tried to pay let me cancel at MY request. Now I have ?? canceled BIDS... Another Seller I could not pay was advised by eBay and me to sent me a bill through My email and that would NOT go through with an e-check but finally went through with a debit card. Since when did they recommend that? I was told that 3 times by BOTH Pay Pal and eBay. The One Seller that I paid and eBay did Not acknowledge that I'd paid sent me the items. It was taken out of My checking account but NOT RECORDED as paid by Pay Pal. ( Not Your problem I am sure)

NOW, How am I going to be able to bid on Auctions when I have those cancellations? It is not on my record yet...maybe it will stay OFF!!

I guess at least this experience has taught me many things about payments now! At any rate, this is No real problem...I can transfer money to my card and pay that way. Just the time to figure it out was time-consuming and problematic. I am an eBay fan, I take the time to work this all out... I don't know If new or occasional buyers would do that! I bet the number of frustrated Buyers will just abandon the cart.
Is there anything about possibly being in a beta TEST? I have been told that.
So back to My original question...
I am wondering IF You Can Tell Us/Sellers how to Set their payments up so they are able to take e-Checks with Auctions, and why this problem also happening on Auctions. I never had this problem before the "New" cart changes were implemented
Thank You again for Your time in answering MY question. Sugar

Hi @imakesugar - We haven't made any changes to auctions which would cause this issue. I know you've gone back and forth for quite some time with customer service but this sounds like an issue PayPal would need to review. That said, I'm happy to gather more info and see if there is anything on our side that needs to be updated. I'll email you shortly after the chat asking for more info. Be on the lookout for that and get back to us when you can.

Also, if you ever need to mention Alan, you'll want to use alan@ebay. That way he'll get the notification and can review the thread.

Message 12 of 65
latest reply

I do not use seller hub because I have learned that seller hub will not recognize an item that has been made mobile friendly when that item is relisted. So that’s why I don’t use seller hub.

eBay opted me into seller hub today. On my landing page there was no opt out link and the gray links that should be at the bottom of the page were missing. No way to go to resolution center, announcements, community, site map, etc.

I had to call eBay and a cs rep opted me out. Of course, she had no answer as to why I didn’t have an opt out option or why the gray links at the bottom of the page were missing.

Can you explain?

Message 13 of 65
latest reply

@imakesugar

I can tell you as a seller, we have no way of blocking echecks via PP on auctions or any listing that is non IPR.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 14 of 65
latest reply

Several questions about Guaranteed Delivery (no one seems to be answering on the GD Board).
The filter is a good thing, but what exactly will ebay be doing to promote it to buyers? Will there be an ad campaign? Or....?
I understand when this first goes live, only certain sellers will be in the program. But what about the buyer side? Will ALL buyers have the use of the filter when it first goes live? Or will only select buyers be given the filter functionality at first?
I think the program is a good idea, I am looking forward to using it, especially in the all important Q4. Is there anything I can do to make sure I've been opted in by then? I really do not want to wait until 2018. (I am currently on the "waiting list")
Message 15 of 65
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: