cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 30th @ 1pm PT - Seller Hub

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Do you have any questions regarding Seller Hub? Join this chat with eBay experts to have your questions answered. 

Chat with you then! slight smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Community Chat, Aug 30th @ 1pm PT - Seller Hub

@dtexley3 wrote:

A couple non-intuiative o rmissing  items:

Click on Sell in the top menu bar (next to My Ebay) it takes you the Active Listings page.  This should either be titled My Listings or should link to pages to sell an item.

Clicking My Ebay takes me to a summary page, not the Seller Hub Overview.  On some pages there's a link that says "click here to make this the My Ebay default page" (or something similar).  The Overview page doesn't have this link.

Sales summary box, really needs a Current Month, drop the 90 days and put Current Month.  It's stupid to have to click on Orders and then set the drop down to Current Month.  (I did put that link in a shortcut, but I shouldn't have to).

Thanks for your feedback.  There is a way to set your My eBay link to point to Seller Hub Overview.  I will get back to you shortly after the chat is over with the details.

Message 76 of 97
latest reply

Hello friends,

When creating a listing using SELLER HUB, what does the item specific "Bundle Listing?" mean and when should sellers use it?

Thanks,

David (DJ)

Message 77 of 97
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

sandyoutlet wrote: 
Business sellers are determined by their registration status or a specific number of sales. Seller Hub is also for sellers who have a store or were previously using Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro. Consumer sellers would be those who have smaller sales, not registered as a business, or not subscribed to a store, selling manager, or selling manager pro. Thanks. 

@sandyoutlet: I see here that you answered my question about "business seller" vs. "consumer seller" for someone else while I was writing mine; sorry about the overlap there. 

While I'm enjoying some success in selling on eBay, I am very definitely in the "consumer seller" category, and your wording suggests that if I opted out of Seller Hub, I could return to the old My eBay page as a permanent choice. Is that correct? 

In other words, is My eBay on the way out, or will it remain as an option for anyone who's just selling in small quantities and wants all their information in one place?

If you are not using Selling Manager, Selling Manager Pro, or have an eBay store... and you qualify as a consumer seller, you should be able to continue to use My eBay. There aren't plans right now to discontinue My eBay. Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro may not be supported in the future. Thanks. 

Message 78 of 97
latest reply

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Is there ever going to be a downloadable ebay report for IRS purposes?  Had several discussions last year with someone who said it was being worked on.....something similiar to what SMPro has.

Thanks for your question. We've recently added a download button to the "Orders" tab in Seller Hub. We're looking to also add that to the "Performance" tab next year. For IRS purposes, you may want to use PayPal data as that will show the money movement. Thanks.  

Well, when I tried the download, sent me to file management center and when I downloaded the 1 month file it was in chinese/japanese or something unreadable.........all I want is the selling price, the shipping charged to the buyer and the shipping I actually paid on one stinking page........I guess it's just too much to ask.

Message 79 of 97
latest reply

Why can I nolonger clear the under performing suggestions? Also why even have it when you use analyze and all we get are we could not find another listing to compare or it was a sale of my own listings.

Message 80 of 97
latest reply

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@trimix wrote:

If you go to Sellers Hub>listings>sales and search by store catagory in the old format we would get totals now all we get is what the sales are with no dollar total and amount sold. Can they fix that too!

Store category totals are being proposed for our updates next year! 

NEXT YEAR?!? 
You took away a valuable feature, and are thinking of maybe, possibly, unless something seems more important, restoring it next year?

Message 81 of 97
latest reply

If you hover over your name in the top left corner of an eBay page (above the eBay logo), you can click on "account settings".  From there, click on "personal information" in the left navigation. Then, you'll see "account type" will either say individual or business. Thanks. 

Message 82 of 97
latest reply

Thank you,

I am not happy with cloud storage.

I would be more comfortable storing data on my own hard drive.

If it is just me griping then..........sob

Message 83 of 97
latest reply

@automotivepartsrecyclrs wrote:

Why can I nolonger clear the under performing suggestions? Also why even have it when you use analyze and all we get are we could not find another listing to compare or it was a sale of my own listings.

Yes the items that are offered up for Analysis when no Analysis is available...isn't useful

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 84 of 97
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

On the Orders page when you select Orders paid and shipped.  Once an item is delivered it will show Delivered on: <date>  UNLESS you have done a partial refund (ie refund on shipping because it cost less).  Then all you see is "partially refunded" in place of the shipping status.  To me I would rather have the shipping status always appear.  Don't really need to be reminded forever that I issued a partial refund.  Also I leave feedback a few days after the item was delivered, so for those that don't show the shipping status I have to open the tracking to see.

Thanks for the feedback.  We'll consider that update for a future release.

Message 85 of 97
latest reply

@sokpop wrote:

I see the request to link text add URL when I click on the little gear that says customize shortcuts. It's located along the right under shortcuts.

@tuanh.d wrote:

@sokpop wrote:

If I try to customize SH so it will have things I really need and used to have instead of useless market graphs and no way to easily find solds, Back to Basics, and unsolds I get messages like put in the URL or Link Text.

What is link text? Where is it? What is the URL? How am I supposed to find these things and successfully use them to customize my ebay page?

Can you clarify where you're seeing the message for link text or send a screenshot? 

Link text is the title you want to appear in the shortcuts ie "Current Month Sales" if you want a shortcut to the orders page with current month sales showing.  To get the URL, before you add the shortcut, naviagate to the page you want to display, copy the URL in the header of your browser to the clipboard.  Go back to the Overview and click the customize icon for Shortcuts.  Paste the URL into the URL box, add your title and click "Add" then "I'm Done".

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 86 of 97
latest reply

@sandyoutlet wrote:

If you hover over your name in the top left corner of an eBay page (above the eBay logo), you can click on "account settings".  From there, click on "personal information" in the left navigation. Then, you'll see "account type" will either say individual or business. Thanks. 

Mine says Individual but I was still dumped into Seller Hub. Was it because I happen to prefer Selling Manager format over My Ebay format?

Message 87 of 97
latest reply

@sokpop wrote:

I see the request to link text add URL when I click on the little gear that says customize shortcuts. It's located along the right under shortcuts.

@tuanh.d wrote:

@sokpop wrote:

If I try to customize SH so it will have things I really need and used to have instead of useless market graphs and no way to easily find solds, Back to Basics, and unsolds I get messages like put in the URL or Link Text.

What is link text? Where is it? What is the URL? How am I supposed to find these things and successfully use them to customize my ebay page?

Can you clarify where you're seeing the message for link text or send a screenshot? 

That option allows you to add a short cut to a page that appear directly in that module.  Link text is what you want the link name to be and link URL is the URL to the destination page you want to show up in that module.

Message 88 of 97
latest reply

How do we get back to the original My eBay? The one with a single screen for ALL SELLING, not separate screens. As I mentioned in my original post, which has been ignored, the "switch to classic view" link does not work!

Thanks!

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 89 of 97
latest reply

And you can nolonger clear it. Unless you drop the price of said items.
Message 90 of 97
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: