cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 30th @ 1pm PT - Seller Hub

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Do you have any questions regarding Seller Hub? Join this chat with eBay experts to have your questions answered. 

Chat with you then! slight smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Community Chat, Aug 30th @ 1pm PT - Seller Hub

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@marsha_c wrote:

Will all new sellers be opted in to Seller Hub?

Is it only for store owners?

Will Seller Hub come with any extra benefits?

All new business sellers will be opted in to Seller Hub. It is the tool for business sellers and store owners. Consumer sellers will still use My eBay. 

Seller Hub has a lot of new benefits. It has restocking guidance, pricing guidance, inventory guidance, traffic/conversion data, and more. We've also added new features to the Orders tab. 

Can you explain how you are determining who is a business seller and who is a consumer seller? I was dumped into Seller Hub last week and I'm certainly not a business seller and I don't have a store. I found much of the things in Seller Hub were just nothing I would ever use such as Performance tab, Growth tab and Marketing tab yet I saw no way to get rid of them to try to pare down the screens so I could reduce the scrolling side to side and help with the load time since I'm on a really slow DSL connection.

Business sellers are determined by their registration status or a specific number of sales. Seller Hub is also for sellers who have a store or were previously using Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro. Consumer sellers would be those who have smaller sales, not registered as a business, or not subscribed to a store, selling manager, or selling manager pro. Thanks. 

Thanks for that update. When I registered in 1998 and started selling in 1999 there was no option to register as a business. I've had a store in the past but a long time ago and it was just not something I wanted to be tied down to so I canceled it. I do use Selling Manager but I'm certainly not a business seller. I just happen to like that format a bit better than regular My Ebay but if that will keep me out of Seller Hub then I'm willing to give up my Selling Manager.

Message 46 of 97
latest reply

sooner the better! I like the sellers hub .

Message 47 of 97
latest reply

@trimix wrote:

If you go to Sellers Hub>listings>sales and search by store catagory in the old format we would get totals now all we get is what the sales are with no dollar total and amount sold. Can they fix that too!

Thanks for your feedback.  We'll take the feature into consideration for a future release.

Message 48 of 97
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

My account is currently set to the "Old Version" of Seller Hub (or the Orders Page).  I would like to opt back in to the new version, please.  

Why would eBay put a link to allow users to switch to the old version, but not have a link to go to the new version on the page? 

@sandyoutlet

We will opt you back in. I'm not sure why there isn't an opt in link. Our plan was to move everyone over at some point in the future, so I don't think they had a link available. I will give this feedback to our product team. Thanks. 

Message 49 of 97
latest reply

@sandyoutlet wrote:

All new business sellers will be opted in to Seller Hub. It is the tool for business sellers and store owners. Consumer sellers will still use My eBay. 

@sandyoutlet: Just to be clear, can you please define your terms "business seller" and "consumer seller"?

I was pushed into Seller Hub yesterday and cannot see why. Its content and statistics are of little to no interest to me; I rarely list more than about 10 items at a time, and do not have a store, etc. I'm now finding that all the content I could previously find on one My eBay page is now spread across multiple pages (e.g. "listings," various "orders" subgroups, etc.) for no apparent reason.

All the content that I could quickly scan on one page (e.g. pending payments, paid/ready-to-ship, scheduled, active, sold) now requires multiple interactions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any way to bring that data back into one screen again using Seller Hub as opposed to My eBay. What inadvertently qualified me for this?

Message 50 of 97
latest reply

@marsha_c wrote:

Will Seller Hub data remain as it is, but just with format and ux improvements?

Do you plan on adding any other features?

We have plans to improve the data next year, beyond just ux improvements. We are developing that roadmap now, so I can't give you all the details, but we know there are gaps that we'd like to fill. Thanks. 

Message 51 of 97
latest reply

@jk_vinyl_and_wood wrote:

YES! YES! YES!  Please get me back into the updated version.  We sell mostly customized items, and seeing buyer messages easily is time saving.  Additionally, is there a way we can get these messages to print on the invoice too?

I will ask our product team if we can make that happen :). Thanks. 

Message 52 of 97
latest reply

@sokpop wrote:

If I try to customize SH so it will have things I really need and used to have instead of useless market graphs and no way to easily find solds, Back to Basics, and unsolds I get messages like put in the URL or Link Text.

What is link text? Where is it? What is the URL? How am I supposed to find these things and successfully use them to customize my ebay page?

Can you clarify where you're seeing the message for link text or send a screenshot? 

Message 53 of 97
latest reply

@rock4best wrote:

Problem with new Promotions interface.

When you ebay started to farce everybody in Seller Hub interface they changed Promoted Listings interface (nothing bad) and Promotions interface, which is really bad.

I understand that people do not like changes, I don't like too. But this is not about just interface. You took our important functionality. I need to be able to have $1 or $2 off from like every $20 customer spend in our store. It wasn't a problem until you took our old interface. Some programmer would like to make life easy and they started from $5 off without any ability to put anything smaller. It was an option "OTHER", which were giving us that option. Now, $5 is the smallest possible.Old InterfaceOld InterfaceNew InterfaceNew Interface

After more than month and few calls to Dedicated Support I almost loose my hope anybody even care about small seller problem. Is there any possibility you will be able to let those programmers know about our situation  so they will be able to make that small change for them but crucial change for us?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hi @rock4best

I'll share your feedback with the Promoted Listings team for their consideration. 

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 54 of 97
latest reply

A couple non-intuiative o rmissing  items:

Click on Sell in the top menu bar (next to My Ebay) it takes you the Active Listings page.  This should either be titled My Listings or should link to pages to sell an item.

Clicking My Ebay takes me to a summary page, not the Seller Hub Overview.  On some pages there's a link that says "click here to make this the My Ebay default page" (or something similar).  The Overview page doesn't have this link.

Sales summary box, really needs a Current Month, drop the 90 days and put Current Month.  It's stupid to have to click on Orders and then set the drop down to Current Month.  (I did put that link in a shortcut, but I shouldn't have to).

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 55 of 97
latest reply

All the content that I could quickly scan on one page (e.g. pending payments, paid/ready-to-ship, scheduled, active, sold) now requires multiple interactions.

Exactly! This is what fills me with dread. I love selling on ebay and actually enjoy looking over the "Big Picture" stats all in one place, seeing how they change when I get new sales and when I ship.

It's going to get a lot harder for me to manage my store with this stupid Seller Hub software I'm going to have to use. I'm probably not going to make as many sales without access to all these stats. Tracking what sells for what and when is vital in my category.
Message 56 of 97
latest reply

Hi!  Next suggestion for improvement.  We do a lot of first class mailings from our store.  Is it possible to get the invoices printed in a more flexible format options so we can begin using window envelopes? 

Additionally, is it possible to get an enhancement where we bet buyer messages set up so they will print on the invoices?  This will help keep any specific instructions handy without having to wirte them all down before filling orders.

Thank You

Message 57 of 97
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@rock4best wrote:

Problem with new Promotions interface.

When you ebay started to farce everybody in Seller Hub interface they changed Promoted Listings interface (nothing bad) and Promotions interface, which is really bad.

I understand that people do not like changes, I don't like too. But this is not about just interface. You took our important functionality. I need to be able to have $1 or $2 off from like every $20 customer spend in our store. It wasn't a problem until you took our old interface. Some programmer would like to make life easy and they started from $5 off without any ability to put anything smaller. It was an option "OTHER", which were giving us that option. Now, $5 is the smallest possible.Old InterfaceOld InterfaceNew InterfaceNew Interface

After more than month and few calls to Dedicated Support I almost loose my hope anybody even care about small seller problem. Is there any possibility you will be able to let those programmers know about our situation  so they will be able to make that small change for them but crucial change for us?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hi @rock4best

I'll share your feedback with the Promoted Listings team for their consideration. 

Thank you. 

NO, it is not Promoted Listings team. It is Promotions team.

Even you got confused. Again, it is about ability to create promotions which actually do help a lot together with Promoted Listings.

Message 58 of 97
latest reply

@trimix wrote:

Alan do you know where in the sellers hub does a sold item have the ship by date?

That functionality is available on the Seller Hub Orders page.  If you have opted out of that page, or do not have access, then we can opt your account in to the new Orders experience.

Message 59 of 97
latest reply

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@jk_vinyl_and_wood wrote:

Hi!  We had an enhanced seller hub update about a month ago, then after 2 weeks this dissappeared to the older seller hub version.  The update had some great enhancements to it such as new shipping update status on the overview page, and the ability to see buyer messages without drilling down into the item number on the sold ship now page. 

Is there a way to get this update back? 

Just let me know if you would like to get the view back and we'll opt you back in. Thanks! 

Yes!  Please get me back in!  This was a super helpful upgrade.  When we call into Support, noone seemed to know anything about it. 

Message 60 of 97
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: