cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 22nd from 1:00 pm PDT - Managed Payments on eBay

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Sellers,

Join eBay’s Vikas Mehta who is leading the rollout of Payments in North America on our Community Chat.  For those invited to pre-register for the initial phase, here’s your opportunity to ask any questions you may have.  And for those not partaking in the launch, find out what’s ahead. 

This chat thread will open for questions at 1 pm and it will close for new questions at 2 pm. 

Chat with you then! 

*To be mindful of sellers’ time and contribution, please focus your comments and questions regarding the topic of the chat. Keeping in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful comments will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for joining us today. We're opening the thread for questions. Please allow time for your question to be answered; we will get to all questions. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

Are you going to brand it with something other than Managed Payments ?  How are you going to sell it to your shoppers ?

Message 3 of 68
latest reply

Hi Alan. Will we be able to purchase shipping labels and/or Ebay merchandise with our funds before they are deposited into our bank accounts? If not, what is the Ebay shipping label purchase procedure?

Message 4 of 68
latest reply

I assume this is about the test that will go into effect in Sept.......that you are trying to get sellers to sign up for.

Can you define the differences between that test and the way we presently use paypal.....  There's been a lot of discussion about things, phone calls, that outline some things, but seem to say that the final decisions had not been made yet........

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

- What seller protections will be offered when a buyer does a credit card chargeback and what is a seller required to do to receive protection in these cases?

Message 6 of 68
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mendelsons wrote:

Are you going to brand it with something other than Managed Payments ?  How are you going to sell it to your shoppers ?

Hi @mendelsons, thanks for being the first question in our chat today.  Our vision is to create a modern marketplace and managing payments is a core component to enable this.  We want payments on eBay to be seamless, frictionless, and to allow maximum buyer choice to pay.  Buyers will pay how they do today with alternative payment options, and sellers will receive funds how they want.  We won't look to create a separate brand or sell it to shoppers.

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

- How long will it take for a refund to post to the buyer's account?

- Will a seller have non-refundable transaction fees when an item is canceled and refunded?

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mendelsons wrote:

Hi @mendelsons, thanks for being the first question in our chat today.  Our vision is to create a modern marketplace and managing payments is a core component to enable this.  We want payments on eBay to be seamless, frictionless, and to allow maximum buyer choice to pay.  Buyers will pay how they do today with alternative payment options, and sellers will receive funds how they want.  We won't look to create a separate brand or sell it to shoppers.

With regard to  "sellers will receive funds how they want."  Does this mean I will be able to leave funds as I now do with PayPaL, use this for postage and eBay purhases? I sure do not want funds depositerd with each payment, and debited from my bank with each purchase.

Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lecroy3 wrote:

Hi Alan. Will we be able to purchase shipping labels and/or Ebay merchandise with our funds before they are deposited into our bank accounts? If not, what is the Ebay shipping label purchase procedure?

Hi @lecroy3.  Thanks for the question.  The shipping label purchase procedure stays the same as it is today -- you will use your paypal account to purchase labels.  Regarding buying shipping labels or eBay merchandise before funds hit your bank account - thats not possible.  We want sellers to access their funds as soon as possible which is why we are initiating daily payouts as soon as eBay receives the funds. 

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

- From the time the buyer pays, how long before those funds are available in the seller's bank account?

Message 11 of 68
latest reply

Thanks for your answer. What are the choices for sellers to receive funds?

Message 12 of 68
latest reply

I have my own sales, and also sell for others. I have one eBay account, and two PayPal accounts where funds are directed. 

Will I be able to have one ebay seller account, and two different acconts for payments?  

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

Two questions:

1. What EXACTLY are the fees? Are they expected to be the same for every seller AFTER beta ends?

2) Will there be other options for deposits besides every day? In otherr words, can a seller choose to have deposits made 1x per week, 2x per week, 1x per month, etc.?

Thanks.

Message 14 of 68
latest reply

Good Afternoon. As I think we are all aware ebay has experienced an abnormal amount of glitches of late. So trying a new payment system heading into 4th quarter is a little scary! I understand ebay employees are currently testing the system with their own sales how has that been so far?
Also any update on when Global Shipping will be incorporated there was some confusion on that at ebay open?
I don't mind being an early adopter however this feels rushed and I am concerned about with so many pieces not being done ie global shipping, PayPal, Shipping labels that it may set us up for problems ~ thoughts?
Message 15 of 68
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: