cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 14 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Community Chat, April 14 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

This listing was promoted by the official eBay Twitter page, despite the fact that it is clearly in violation of eBay’s Presale Policies requiring shipment within 30 days.

presale2.jpg

The listing has been reported through the “report listing” link, but despite this and several reports by multiple Twitter users, the listing remains active. 

Please forward this issue to Chief Compliance Officer Molly Finn as there may be regulatory issues in play here as well.

While the listing does state a shipping date of June 4th in the subtitle, eBay is automatically calculating and displaying a different/conflicting shipping date based on obviously false handling time settings, which is certainly misleading to buyers.

-----

edit:  A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 17 of 61
latest reply

I've asked on and off over the last couple years, but I'll ask again -

Is there any possibility that there can be a functionality added to the shipping module that would allow for a SCAN sheet that would not require me to print all the shipping labels at the same time? My PO would be very happy to get SCAN sheets from me, but I won't take the risk of not putting the label immediately on a package. I ship many things in the same size package, but they are most definitely not the same item. It's just too easy to cross label packages if I don't label immediately.

Like on the labels page, select the items that I want a SCAN sheet for? It would make many of us happy, and not get the counter staff at the PO mad at us when they have to scan each package individually.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 18 of 61
latest reply

So, I recently ended my Promoted Listings campaigns and, as an experiment, put my listings into one of the new "automated" campaigns. I get that with the automated campaign, ebay is automatically changing my PL rate to the daily "suggested rate" (up to the max percentage I set when I created the new campaign). So, I'm fine with all that.

But now....how do I find what the actual rate is, today, for an item in my campaign? My Active Listings no longer show a percentage rate, they just say "automated"

Message 19 of 61
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

Is there anywhere that provides clear documentation on eBay's concept of how sellers process orders?  When I look at Seller Hub / Orders / Awaiting Shipment  I have a difficult time following the logic behind the steps and what is printed on each form.

'

Logically, you print a picking list first to pull inventory, a packing slip second, print a shipping label, then the order receipt.    Oddly, i expect the tracking number to appear on the order receipt.  Instead, it's printing on the picking list.  Can you explain the reasoning for this?

@postcardcountry there are several resources here, but I'm not aware of a step-by-step guide for processing orders. I don't have any insight into why the tracking number doesn't appear on the order receipt, but I'm happy to pass along your feedback!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 20 of 61
latest reply

oops!  i think i forgot to mention that i was already credited with the funds, so the ebay automatic return options do not allow for that item.  i just don't like keeping the seller's product no matter how bad a seller they are.  (not international)

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 21 of 61
latest reply

Please pass on a big thank you to the update team or whoever was responsible for including the side by side fee charts in the announcement about changes to the watches category.

It makes it easy to see exactly what is changing for which sellers, which is great!

I hope they will do that for any other changes and updates in the future too, as I know it was a big request for the recent Spring seller update. 😊

-----

edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 22 of 61
latest reply

1.  Is there a way Item Specifics categories could be alphabetized or at least all required item specifics would be alphabetized, all recommended item specifics would be alphabetized, all additional etc. by group?  ie. Currently color, size, brand, size type are NOT in alphabetical order.  It would be so much easier to shop if they were in alphabetical order as the buyer's eye would naturally go down the list looking for what he/she wants.  ie.  Brand, Color, Features, Size, Size Type would be alphabetical.
2.  Is there a way to delete item specifics from my Missing  Recommended Item Specifics list when they have nothing to do with the item I have listed ie.  most items in my store do not have a character.  
Thank you.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 23 of 61
latest reply

If I had a dollar for every time eBay enforced their policies when it came to their "preferred" sellers, I would have a negative account balance 😢

Message 24 of 61
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Oof good luck with that.  I tried fighting strikes in the past due to different circumstances.  eBay literally doesn't care when it comes to these strikes on our accounts.  They would rather create a toxic marketplace if it means eBay can extort you for that extra 5% penalty fee.

Along with my favorite response ever from CS - "well, sure it's wrong, but one strike doesn't hurt your account". My response "Ok, but what happens if I have a situation that results in a legitimate strike and they add up to a level that sends me into a below average scenario based on the incorrect one(s)?". CS response "........... (dead air)"

Message 25 of 61
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

It appears that within certain categories, that AMEX or American  Express, is not an available payment option on seller's listings who are enrolled in Managed Payments.

Is this a temporary glitch or a new policy? Will eBay at some point in time stop accepting American Express as a payment option all together or in certain categories, or when items are over $xxxxx amount of dollars?

American  Express is still available on seller's listings who are NOT IN Managed Payments and are still having their payments processed by PayPal.

I have not searched all of the eBay categories but I have observed that this is taking place in the Coin and Paper Money categories, the Watch categories, and certain Jewelry categories.

Here is a thread within the Payments forums that discusses this problem with detailed examples and a lot of screenshots.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Amex-is-not-accepted-with-some-sellers-in-the-new-Managed/td-... 

1881_CC_GSA_NGC_MS66_PL_Morgan_Silver_Dollar_Top_Pop_PL_GSA_eBay.png

1898_1_Morgan_Dollar_PCGS_MS67_CAC_3092_PQ_TOP_POP_NONE_FINER_eBay.png

  

@go-bad-chicken - I've reached out to see what information I can find on this and will let you know. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 26 of 61
latest reply

brian@ebay

I provided my feedback for a month, 5 days a week, complaining that the order receipt was supposed to show tracking information and shipping charge.  What I got was a picking slip with the tracking information, and a screen change redefining what was supposed to be on the order receipt.

"Shipped date, shipping cost, (if applicable) Global shipping program reference #"  still do not print on the order receipt.

That's called frustration on top of frustration......

Message 27 of 61
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 
promoted listings are semi broken, I have called ebay and put a tech support request in 2x now, since they introduced the feature your talking about promoted listings went haywire... look at your promoted listings graff, if the amount of impressions are extremely high to the amount of sales that is the proof. I as well ended and started a new campagin - it's not done much of anything to correct the matter. Tech support is on perm vacation. 

Also, do not elect daily rate... ebay purposely makes the suggested rate higher then it should be by between 1-4% on average. Elect 1% and leave it. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 28 of 61
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

It appears that within certain categories, that AMEX or American  Express, is not an available payment option on seller's listings who are enrolled in Managed Payments.

Is this a temporary glitch or a new policy? Will eBay at some point in time stop accepting American Express as a payment option all together or in certain categories, or when items are over $xxxxx amount of dollars?

American  Express is still available on seller's listings who are NOT IN Managed Payments and are still having their payments processed by PayPal.

I have not searched all of the eBay categories but I have observed that this is taking place in the Coin and Paper Money categories, the Watch categories, and certain Jewelry categories.

Here is a thread within the Payments forums that discusses this problem with detailed examples and a lot of screenshots.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Amex-is-not-accepted-with-some-sellers-in-the-new-Managed/td-... 

1881_CC_GSA_NGC_MS66_PL_Morgan_Silver_Dollar_Top_Pop_PL_GSA_eBay.png

1898_1_Morgan_Dollar_PCGS_MS67_CAC_3092_PQ_TOP_POP_NONE_FINER_eBay.png

  

@go-bad-chicken - I've reached out to see what information I can find on this and will let you know. 

brittanie@ebay Thank you for the follow up, and for reaching out the Payments team.

Message 29 of 61
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

Why is eBay randomly bugging me to do CAPTCHA challenges when I am doing completed item searches for research purposes?  It is bad enough that trying to look at completed items is buggy, the challenges are annoying. 

Yes I am aware of Terapeak, but it has become a terrible product since eBay took it over, and takes too long to do my research.

@gwzcomps - Captchas are a security feature, so they're triggered in different instances where we just want to double check who is accessing the page. I get asked to do them as well when accessing certain parts of the Community from time to time. There isn't a way to stop them from happening, though using the same device/browser can help limit frequency. 

brittanie@ebayThis just sounds like a lazy excuse on why I have to deal with an inconvenience to access a feature that has nothing to do with security.  I don't have to have an account or be logged in to look at completed listings.  I pay to use the site.  If I am logged in on an recognized device there should be no reason why there would be a security concern.

@gwzcomps I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm just being up front about what options exist for Captchas. I can pass along your feedback, but ultimately I can't share why your visits to the site are triggering a Captcha nor disable them. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 30 of 61
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: