cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 11th from 1pm Pacific - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community!

Please join The Community Team here on Wed April 11th at 1 pm Pacific for a one hour Q&A chat. We do not have a set topic, so please share your buying & selling questions.

Chat with you then sunglasses

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us today. The thread is now open for replies.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

Whose idea was it to put a 'return item' button in the place of the 'leave feedback' button when looking at your purchased items?
Is this just a beta test or is it permanent?
I really don't like it.

returnitem.PNG

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 61
latest reply

Hi Alan,

I am finishing up the structured data webinar, but I will be back!

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

I agree. THAT stinks
Woadieland
DepressionGlassWarehouse
ebay seller since it was AuctionWeb
Message 5 of 61
latest reply

Is there an time line for when the Mobile Friendly checker will be fixed? 

Woadieland
DepressionGlassWarehouse
ebay seller since it was AuctionWeb
Message 6 of 61
latest reply

Would requesting money from a buyer, via PayPal, for a shipping service that was not offered in a listing (but the buyer wants) be allowed.  Example:  Buyer pays for an item that has free economy shipping.  After paying the buyer sends a message to the seller and asks if the item can be shipped Priority Mail.

Message 7 of 61
latest reply

@woadieland wrote:

They have just said that they are working on it as far as I know.

If you need the mobile tag, all you need to do is click the html button at the top of your description, and add this html tag in at the top. It is the same thing as clicking ‘fix it for me’.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<style>img{max-width:100%;height:auto;}</style>

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

If you can please look at my feedback page you will see that I have 14 DSR ratings for Shipping Time:

itsjustasprain_feedback.jpg

However I have never sold anything at all at any time from this account in the 11 years that I have had it. Over those 11 years I have only ever shipped back two returns so that does not seem to be relevant either.

I first noticed that Shipping rating maybe a few months ago and the number has been creeping slowly up since then. I started a discussion thread about it at the link below and posted a screenshot of my feedback page there at that time:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-did-I-get-Seller-feedback-when-I-m-not-a-seller/m-p/281652...

eBay user @fjbet13 replied in that thread to say that he has never sold anything either but that he had 26 ratings for Shipping and Handling Charges. I looked at his page again today and he is now up to 38!

Another weird detail about this is that both he and I are only getting these unexplained DSR stars in just one category. That category keeps ticking up slowly but no other categories show any ratings at all. As software bugs go this seems to be a weird one. Someone said that I should be happy that I have a 5.0 rating Smiley Happy but this does not give me confidence that the DSR ratings are being accurately applied here.

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

@woadieland wrote:

Hi @woadieland,

We don't have an ETA for this fix right now. Sorry!

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

Explains why we see so many return request that never get followed through by the buyer. They half heartly open a return to see what they can get out of the seller. If there was a button that said Get a Free Lunch they would probably press that all day too. Thanks for the help eBay....not
Message 11 of 61
latest reply

First my apologies if this has been addressed previously as I've missed a few weekly chats - but I have 2 concerns.

With the push for Free Returns - I'm still on the fence - selling clothing opens people up to more returns than selling in some of the other categories especially if a buyer doesn't pay attention to measurements. That being said - for heavier items over a lb. I use flat rate bubble mailers or Regional A Priority boxes for the most part. If I offer Free Returns - the label Ebay would send them would be for the amt of postage I originally pd. If the buyer removes the item and trashes the Prioroty box or mailer - and returns the item in a regular priority box, flat rate box or a box they have lying around - will I end up possibly having an item returned postage due or do you have a deal with the USPS wherein the Ebay return label covers the return postage  in full so the seller doesn't receive a postage due return?

Message 12 of 61
latest reply

FedEx smartPost shipping is broken again.  It doesn't appear to be applying the dimensional weights.  There is a thread with multiple examples from myself and bezkerplanet showing the error and we have pinged the blues.

How long will this take to fix? Will eBay step up and notify those that still use FedEx SmartPost that it will charge the buyer about 50% of what FedEx will bill them on their next invoice (not what it shows when the label is generated)?

This could run into some serious money for an unwary seller.  I'm sure eBay isn't going to reimburse without one or more long calls to CS.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 13 of 61
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Would requesting money from a buyer, via PayPal, for a shipping service that was not offered in a listing (but the buyer wants) be allowed.  Example:  Buyer pays for an item that has free economy shipping.  After paying the buyer sends a message to the seller and asks if the item can be shipped Priority Mail.

Hi @mcdougle4248 - as long as the buyer has made the purchase on eBay and paid for the item, there shouldn't be an issue for you to arrange the additional payment for a shipping upgrade. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 61
latest reply

I saw this too, @itsjustasprain.sellerdsr.PNG

Message 15 of 61
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: