cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watches , Parts and Accessories Final Value Fee Rip-Off of Sellers

Just got a message from Ebay concerning how well the watches category has been doing and to " reward " all the sellers of vintage & high end collectable watches Ebay will now be raising, your already high, final value fees to a profit breaking 15%.  I have been a member on Ebay for over 20 years and have watched these money grabbing  unethical tactics cripple honest sellers on this site for years now.  I for one will be exploring other sites for my future online sales.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi sangamovan,

Thank you for being a member on eBay for over 20 years! We would not be here without members like you.

As we continue to focus on the watches experience for both sellers and buyers,  we are dedicated to further investment in watch marketing, social media, SEO, and product innovation to become the leading platform for watches.

Just for clarity, the updated final value fees are combined rates with eBay managing payments and vary based on the total amount of sale. For a full breakdown of the fees, depending on your store type, please visit the announcement here.

We rely heavily on your feedback in order to create the best experience for our sellers and buyers, so thank you again!

Your eBay Watches Team

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

So, for an "ordinary" occasional seller, are you saying that the fees haven't increased? That the supposed increase is no increase at all, -  it is just eBay picking up the SAME fee that Paypal used to take?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply