cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is that Rolex stolen??

ricknhighlands
Enthusiast
I want to buy a high-end (10K-15K) Rolex on E-bay. I know, check your seller, etc. I'm not as concerned about buying a fake as I am one that has been reported stolen. The last thing I want is to send the watch to Rolex for service only to have it not returned because it is in their database as a stolen item. Can anyone tell me how to specifically check this out before I purcase the watch? Thanks in advance. Rick
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Is that Rolex stolen??

All high end watches have serial numbers, usually they have two, one for the case and one for the movement, try getting both, contact Rolex and ask them if it's all good.

Or, if you're willing to spend that much on a watch, just buy one from a reputable dealer.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

Hi Rick,
Its a Myth, there is no Officail Rolex stolen watch data base, Rolex do have a list of reported stolen watches, but its NOT open for public viewing, and so how up to date it is, we never know, there are many unoffical ways to check
Stolen database helpline 011-44-1322 553454 This is UK

http://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/stolen.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=23661

http://www.rolexsavings.com/be_on_the_lookout_

You can google more Risk, and I am pretty sure by the end of the day, you will get alot more input.
The majority of Good sellers on ebay do have a genuine legal source of supply. Mark
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A MOVEMENT IN TIME WITH BREITLING & ROLEX AN UNAUTHORIZED HISTORY
Mark

"Life has no remote get up and change it yourself" From Edelweiss Pirates Operation Einstein
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

slobbersnatch
Enthusiast
You won't find a stolen Rolex because Ebay Rolex dealers and others use third party Chinese made aftermarket products with unique serial numbers where needed. It is easy to grind off the serial numbers and put different ones on. I am not a troll. My postings are legit and people run scared from them because I speak of the truth. The scared ones have retracted their posts wherever I am telling the truth. The guilty run.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

There is a website, Rolextracker, where you can check if a rolex was reported as lost or stolen by the serial number. They have quite a big database created by users. 

Regards, 

Alebp 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

hi i would like to report someone who has a stolen rolex oyster watch in there poccession. the man as had it aproximately 30 years. there must be someone somewhere as been looking for this watch. i hope this imformation will lead this rolex watch back to its owner.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

Looking for my early 90s Rolex GMT II Coke with a Jubilee bracelet lost in Fullerton CA... serial #N296741 will pay 5000 Cash to whoever finds it, was a gift from my late father. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

My wife's Rolex Ladies watch #M683574 was stolen yesterday from our  bedroom as we slept in Porto Cervo, Sardinia by a band of thieves working this town.  Reward of $500 to anyone who provides info that leads to recovery of this item, which was an anniversary gift 7 years ago.  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

My wife's Rolex Ladies watch #M683574 was stolen yesterday from our  bedroom as we slept in Porto Cervo, Sardinia by a band of thieves working this town.  Reward of $500 to anyone who provides info that leads to recovery of this item, which was an anniversary gift 7 years ago.  

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

I found a Rolex in the snow in Mottram-in-Longdendale near Manchester, England, in the mid-1980s. I intended to post a small ad in the local press to see if I could find its owner, but my life was in chaos at the time, and it got shoved in a drawer and forgotten. I then moved house and it just became lost amongst general household junk. I have now rediscovered it and would like to get it back where it belongs. It has been so long that the owner may have died - indeed the original owner must have, going by the date on the back - but it could still go back to the subsequent owner or family. It has a very particular inscription on the back, which the owner would know. Any ideas how I could reunite it with its owner?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

Stolen 1974 Rolex submariner model 1680 Stainless steel black face and bezel red letter option SN 3740840 Contact me at 269-491-2071 USA. Last seen October 2018 in Michigan USA 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

My Rolex Submariner Date serial number 3059778 is also stolen.
It is from 1972, steel with black background and was pulled off my arm in Naples in 2004.
A great reward for the one contacting me at masterskov(at)gmail dot com with information leading to our family watch.
Thanks and BR.
Søren

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Is that Rolex stolen??

Good luck

Message 13 of 13
latest reply